Made a sexual joke, got attacked, advice?

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Logically, if he could have fired me on the spot he would have had no reason to threaten me with reduced hours.

He threatened you with 0 hours. That would be a discharge, because contractually, you're guaranteed three and a half hours.

If he wants to give you 0 hours, you can grieve for your guarantee every day.

Especially if he could not fire me.

I hate to burst your bubble, but he can fire you for anything. The question is, will it be upheld at a grievance hearing.

point that out cause if so I surely missed that.

You're welcome to look it up in the UPS code of business conduct.

Workplace violence and sexual harassment are grounds for immediate discharge, upheld by countless arbitrators and administrative law judges of the NLRB.

Purposely twisting my argument shows you either aren't reading what I said or you are being purposfully disingenuous to support your argument. The latter is especially slimy.

I didn't twist anything. So, someone yelled at you. Grow up.

The threat was hours would be made ZERO if I didnt resign.

You have a contractual 3 and 1/2 hour daily guarantee. The threat of 0 hours meant he was was going to discharge you.

But the threat was always he would make my hours 0. THAT is one of the most basic violations of the whole title 7 act.

Again, the only way he could make you have 0 hours is if he discharged you. Contractually, you're guarantee three and a half hours per day.

The only way he can give you 0 hours is if he discharges you.

And by the way, if you decide to sue UPS, you better ask @cheryl to remove this thread, because, in case you forgot what you said,

Never mind, I'm sure UPS already has copies of this.

The labor manager told you that if you did not resign he was going to fire you for sexual harassment. That is legal and that is not a violation of the law.

Here, let me help you out to show you exactly what you said.

The labor director basically screamed at me to give him my badge and leave and be fired for sexual harrassment or resign

As I said to others, the labor director was demanding i give him my badge and leave and he wasnt going to schedule me and fire me for sexual harassment if I didn't resign

Last edited:

Sadman101

He threatened you with 0 hours. That would be a discharge, because contractually, you're guaranteed three and a half hours.

If he wants to give you 0 hours, you can grieve for your guarantee every day.
No, he was saying that I would still be employed, but I would simply have no hours. The second part of what you said is irrelevant.

I hate to burst your bubble, but he can fire you for anything. The question is, will it be upheld at a grievance hearing.
You're welcome to look it up in the UPS code of business conduct.

Workplace violence and sexual harassment are grounds for immediate discharge, upheld by countless arbitrators and administrative law judges of the NLRB.
Cool, you know you were talking about what PEOPLE in the thread were talking about, right? Here is an example of you twisting stuff again. So dishonest.

I didn't twist anything. So, someone yelled at you. Grow up.
Yes, yes you did.

"A discharge if you did not resign? Not illegal."
He didn't say Discharge. He said reduction of hours. You conveniently leave out that part to suit your argument. That's slimy, dude.
You have a contractual 3 and 1/2 hour daily guarantee. The threat of 0 hours meant he was was going to discharge you.
huh, weird. Cause when he came at me trying to take my badge and fire me on the spot he wasnt trying to take hours. How is a discharge and reduction of hours the same, yet different things? I dont think you understand this. You are implying he meant fire me when he specifically said he was going to make it so I worked no hours, which was separate from his firing talk.

Again, the only way he could make you have 0 hours is if he discharged you. Contractually, you're guarantee three and a half hours per day.

The only way he can give you 0 hours is if he discharges you.
This is a perfect example of how dumb your logic is. This ONLY applies if you are talking about playing by the book. Like you said, I could grieve him if he gave me no hours. Wait, how could I grieve him, I thought that getting zero hours meant I'm fired?
And by the way, if you decide to sue UPS, you better ask @cheryl to remove this thread, because, in case you forgot what you said,

Never mind, I'm sure UPS already has copies of this.
No need, nothing I said here hurts my case at all. I have no worries.
The labor manager told you that if you did not resign he was going to fire you for sexual harassment. That is legal and that is not a violation of the law.

Here, let me help you out to show you exactly what you said.
Look, yet another slimy tactic. More twisting. Why are you conveniently leaving out the fact that he threatened to not schedule me? Oh right, cause it proves you wrong. How about this, make a valid point using all the details AT ONCE without twisting anything and I'll concede.

Did I say firing me was against the law? Point it out or concede. Please, I'll wait. Oh that's right, I didn't! Huh, that's weird, it's almost like you countered a point no one said and act like you know what you are talking about.

You are bad at this, man. Say what you will about me getting duped by UPS, but you are literally fighting against points I never said. You are swinging at ghosts.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
You are bad at this, man. Say what you will about me getting duped by UPS, but you are literally fighting against points I never said. You are swinging at ghosts.

What part of discharge don't you understand?

OK. I see. You may not understand because I used a big boy word.

When the labor manager was going to fire you, that means he was going to discharge you.

He was not going to schedule you and he was going to give you 0 hours because he was going to discharge (fire) you.

And yes, he can discharge (fire) you for sexual harassment.

And yes, it is legal, meaning it is not illegal, for him to ask you to resign instead of being discharged (fired).

Maybe you need to re-read what you said. And here, I'll help you out again.

The labor director basically screamed at me to give him my badge and leave and be fired for sexual harrassment or resign

As I said to others, the labor director was demanding i give him my badge and leave and he wasnt going to schedule me and fire me for sexual harassment if I didn't resign.

Last edited:

Sadman101

What part of discharge don't you understand?
Are you purposely ignoring the fact he said be fired, scheduled no hours OR resign? Address this directly please.

OK. I see. You may not understand because I used a big boy word.
No, you used a "big boy word" incorrectly.

Fun fact, you have ignored like 7 rebutes. You need to get better at supporting your points, man.

When the labor manager was going to fire you, that means he was going to discharge you.

He was not going to schedule you and he was going to give you 0 hours because he was going to discharge (fire) you.
He threatened to take my badge and fire me on the spot AFTER threatening to not schedule me. How on earth is that not getting through to you. You REALLY think he threatened to discharge me then after I asked for more time he retaliated by threatening to discharge me? Do you see how stupid that is?

Him: I wont schedule you for work if you don't resign.
Me: give me time to think.
Him: No, answer or be fired.
Me: I need time.
Him: then get out, give me your badge.
You: see! He said he will fire you and then said he would also fire you!

Hahahahah your english comprehension is absolutely amazing. If he meant fired he would have said it. He would have said be fired or resign. But like I said, he gave 3 option in total.

And yes, he can discharge (fire) you for sexual harassment.
Tell that to the forum. I only implied he couldnt based on what others said.
And yes, it is legal, meaning it is not illegal, for him to ask you to resign instead of being discharged (fired).

AGAIN. The intense dishonesty. Show me where that was ever being debated? No one has ever said he could or couldn't do that. This is one of those ghosts you are swing at. Why are you making statements that are not relevant?
UPS trucks are brown. The sky is dark sometimes. Therefore I'm right! Be thankful that you have UPS, man, cause I don't imagine much else is out there for you.

It's almost like you aren't listening. It's getting embarrassing for you at this point, quit while you have some dignity. Just point and laugh that I lost my job and move along, kiddo. That's your only chance. I don't feel like being viewed as a villain picking on the helpless and incoherent anymore.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
You want my advice? Know your audience.

@Mugarolla seems to be giving you sound advice as far as I can tell. Whatever woulda, coulda, shoulda happened, your issue now is that you are out. If you want back in, you'll have to fight for it. If you believe the company did something illegal, you need to lawyer up.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
Look up Constructive Discharge please. Altering hours to encourage someone to resign IS illegal, both federally AND in my state. Everyone here, and the Business Agent all say I couldn't be fired. So since he was threatening me and pressuring me, that IS illegal. Simple google search.

You got me, I didn't realize I was dealing with Perry Mason. Since @Mugarolla already authored a quite detailed explanation regarding constructive discharge, and the rights of union members, and in addition, he also touched on the expected outcome, I'm not going to waste my time trying to add anything.

You're no longer working here, the guy who kicked your ass is no longer working here, and neither one of you will be back so there is nothing more to talk about.

Good luck with your MMA career, smart ass mouth, and your future employment.

Sadman101

You got me, I didn't realize I was dealing with Perry Mason. Since @Mugarolla already authored a quite detailed explanation regarding constructive discharge, and the rights of union members, and in addition, he also touched on the expected outcome, I'm not going to waste my time trying to add anything.

You're no longer working here, the guy who kicked your ass is no longer working here, and neither one of you will be back so there is nothing more to talk about.

No, actually he never addressed anything I said. He pretended like he did by countering points no one said. If you think that's a win in his book...that doesn't make you look good. You gotta use that lovely UPS college money and take some reading comprehension classes, friend.

Lol at the weak attempt to provoke me too, I subdued the guy, you take that and make it seem like I lost. HAHA, you are almost as dishonest as the other guy. Any more zingers? Perhaps a yo momma joke? Wait wait, call me a butthead, maybe?

All that being said, I accept your concession. Better luck next time, sonny.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Be thankful that you have UPS, man, cause I don't imagine much else is out there for you

I am going to try one more time. I know this is a hard concept to grasp for some people. Maybe it would help if I used a bigger font, or how about capital letters. Would that help you understand?

I'll tell you what, I'll just type a little bit slower so maybe you can follow along.

You ready? Here we go. I'm typing real slow.

If you did not resign, the labor manager was going to fire you for sexual harassment. This means you would no longer be on the schedule and your hours would be reduced down to zero. But, you would still remain a UPS employee until the grievance process was concluded.

The labor manager told you he would reduce your hours to zero and take you off the schedule. This is what happens when an employee is fired.

He was not going to allow you to continue working, and just reduce your hours from say, 6 hours a day down to 4. That's not what he meant.

He was going to fire you, take you off the schedule, and reduce your hours to zero. I don't care what you thought he meant. This is exactly what he was going to do, and what he told you would happen.

You still with me?

This is the route that you should have taken, instead of resigning.

Now, if you had the wisdom to file a grievance after being fired, one of three things would happen during the grievance process.

1. Your grievance would be deadlocked.

This means that you would remain discharged, continue to not be put on the schedule, continue to receive 0 hours of work, but, still remain a UPS employee, at least until the next step of the grievance process.

2. Your discharge would be upheld.

Meaning you are still discharged, you will never be put on the schedule, you will never get more than 0 hours of work and you are no longer a UPS employee. Pack your bags, get out and don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.

3. Your discharge would be overturned.

This would mean that you are no longer discharged, you will be put back on the schedule, you would start receiving at least your 3 and 1/2 hour guarantee of work, and you will still remain a UPS employee.

This is not a hard concept to understand.

Option number 3 is what I think, and most people on this form think, would have been your outcome if you had taken the discharge instead of resigning.

I won't quote you again, but you said in two separate posts on this forum that the labor manager told you that you either resign or he would fire you.

And if he had to fire you, that would mean you would be taken off the schedule and your hours would be reduced to zero.

Any questions?

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!

I tried one more time, but I think I'm about ready to give up. He just doesn't get it.

Sadman101

You want my advice? Know your audience.

@Mugarolla seems to be giving you sound advice as far as I can tell. Whatever woulda, coulda, shoulda happened, your issue now is that you are out. If you want back in, you'll have to fight for it. If you believe the company did something illegal, you need to lawyer up.
Thanks for actually speaking coherently, I needed a break.

He actually isn't giving sound anything. He is addressing stuff I never said. Lawyering up is already in progress.

Sadman101

I am going to try one more time. I know this is a hard concept to grasp for some people. Maybe it would help if I used a bigger font, or how about capital letters. Would that help you understand?

I'll tell you what, I'll just type a little bit slower so maybe you can follow along.

You ready? Here we go. I'm typing real slow.
Hahaha. Acting like typing slow is somehow evident. You just used "speaking slowly" and made it "typing slowly" even though it didnt translate AT ALL. congrats!

If you did not resign, the labor manager was going to fire you for sexual harassment. This means you would no longer be on the schedule and your hours would be reduced down to zero. But, you would still remain a UPS employee until the grievance process was concluded.

The labor manager told you he would reduce your hours to zero and take you off the schedule. This is what happens when an employee is fired.

He was not going to allow you to continue working, and just reduce your hours from say, 6 hours a day down to 4. That's not what he meant.

He was going to fire you, take you off the schedule, and reduce your hours to zero. I don't care what you thought he meant. This is exactly what he was going to do, and what he told you would happen.
You are bonafide incoherent.
0 hours does not mean fired.
Suspended is how many hours? 0. So If I was suspended, my hours are reduced to 0, according to you I'm fired.

Can you address anything? You have literally ignored everything, every single counterpoint you ignored.

If he said he was going to reduce my hours then after said he was going to fire me because I didn't accept his terms, how is that the same.
You literally dont have an answer and that's exactly why you haven't addressed it.
You still with me?
Pal, you aren't even with yourself at this point.
This is the route that you should have taken, instead of resigning.

Now, if you had the wisdom to file a grievance after being fired, one of three things would happen during the grievance process.

1. Your grievance would be deadlocked.

This means that you would remain discharged, continue to not be put on the schedule, continue to receive 0 hours of work, but, still remain a UPS employee, at least until the next step of the grievance process.

2. Your discharge would be upheld.

Meaning you are still discharged, you will never be put on the schedule, you will never get more than 0 hours of work and you are no longer a UPS employee. Pack your bags, get out and don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.

3. Your discharge would be overturned.

This would mean that you are no longer discharged, you will be put back on the schedule, you would start receiving at least your 3 and 1/2 hour guarantee of work, and you will still remain a UPS employee.

This is not a hard concept to understand.
I agree with 99.9 percent of this, it was never in question. But, tell that to several others here who said I wouldnt have been fired.
I won't quote you again, but you said in two separate posts on this forum that the labor manager told you that you either resign or he would fire you.

And if he had to fire you, that would mean you would be taken off the schedule and your hours would be reduced to zero.
Ugh. Ignoring everything I said again.

Suspenion.
Injury.
Constructive Discharge.
Discharge.
All ways to have 0 hours. Agree?

He told me he would reduce my hours BECAUSE I didn't resign. I asked the shop steward to clarify if he could. Afterwards he said he would fire me completely, therefore, not the same thing. You are assuming he was following rules. That's your problem here.

Any questions?
Did you address anything I said? Seriously, answer this.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
OK, I'll play. I'm bored anyway.

This may get rather long, but it is directed strictly @Sadman101.

Hahaha. Acting like typing slow is somehow evident. You just used "speaking slowly" and made it "typing slowly"

You liked that, did you?

You are bonafide incoherent.
0 hours does not mean fired.

You said he threatened to take your hours down to zero if you didn't resign. What do you think he meant by that? He meant that if you didn't resign, he was going to fire you and take your hours down to zero.

Suspended is how many hours?

He never once said he was going to suspend you. But he did say he was going to fire you.

So why are you asking about a suspension when he told you he was going to fire you.

So If I was suspended, my hours are reduced to 0, according

Should I type slower again?

He never said he was going to suspend you, he said he was going to fire you.

according to you I'm fired.

Not only according to me, but also according to your labor manager.

Can you address anything?

I just did. Let's keep going.

You have literally ignored everything, every single counterpoint you ignored.

What Counterpoint are you talking about? You said the labor manager said either resign or I will fire you. You said he also said that he would take your hours down to zero. He can't do that contractually, unless he fires you.

You're supposed Counterpoint was that the labor manager said he was going to reduce your hours.

Yes. If you didn't resign he was going to reduce your hours down to zero by firing you.

Not a hard concept to comprehend.

If he said he was going to reduce my hours then after said he was going to fire me because I didn't accept his terms, how is that the same.

He said that if you didn't resign, he was going to reduce your hours to zero, by firing you for sexual harassment.

Again, he cannot reduce your hours to zero without firing you.

You literally dont have an answer and that's exactly why you haven't addressed it.

Just did.

Pal, you aren't even with yourself at this point.

Then who am I with?

I agree with 99.9 percent of this, it was never in question.

Look at that, we agree on something.

But, tell that to several others here who said I wouldnt have been fired.

They were referring to the fact that your firing would not have stuck. Yes, you would have been fired, but most probably would have got your job back.

And if you don't believe me, go ask them for yourself what they meant by you would not have been fired.

Ugh. Ignoring everything I said again.

Suspenion.
Injury.
Constructive Discharge.
Discharge.
All ways to have 0 hours. Agree

I ignored nothing.

The labor manager did not say he was going to suspend you, he said he was going to fire you.

You were not injured, you were about to be fired.

You were about to be fired for sexual harassment. Nothing to do with constructive discharge.

Yes, he did say he was going to discharge you. This is the only one relevant. The others are not relevant to your situation

He told me he would reduce my hours BECAUSE I didn't resign.

Exactly. But you said that he told you he was going to reduce your hours to zero because you didn't resign. That is correct.

If you didn't resign, he was going to reduce your hours to zero by firing you.

Or, BECAUSE you didn't resign, he was going to reduce your hours to zero by firing you.

I asked the shop steward to clarify if he could. Afterwards he said he would fire me completely, therefore, not the same thing.

It is the same thing. The labor manager cannot reduce your hours to zero unless he fires you.

If you didn't resign, he was going to reduce your hours to zero, by firing you, in that order.

Or, if you didn't resign, he was going to for you, thus reducing your hours to zero.

You are assuming he was following rules

I'm not assuming anything. If the labor manager told you he was going to reduce your hours to zero and didn't mention anything about firing you, the shop steward would have said something, because he knows the labor manager cannot do that.

The shop steward knew that if you didn't resign the labor manager was going to fire you.

And the shop steward most likely believed that you would not get your job back in a grievance hearing.

That's why he told you to resign. And yes, he was wrong.

That's your problem here.

Who is the one with the problem here? I still got my job, do you?

Did you address anything I said?

Everything. You just don't get it.

Your whole argument is the labor manager supposedly told you he was going to reduce your hours to zero if you didn't resign before he told you he was going to fire you.

Before you waste your money on a lawyer, you better ask your union steward, who was there, how he thinks the labor manager can reduce your hours to zero without firing you.

I'll tell you what your steward's going to say. He's going to say that he believed that if you didn't resign, the labor manager was going to fire you for sexual harassment.

Case closed. I actually don't blame you. I blame your steward..

You are welcome to waste your money by lawyering up.

2Down2Many2Go

This may get rather long, but it is directed strictly @Sadman101.

You liked that, did you?

You said he threatened to take your hours down to zero if you didn't resign. What do you think he meant by that? He meant that if you didn't resign, he was going to fire you and take your hours down to zero.

He never once said he was going to suspend you. But he did say he was going to fire you.

So why are you asking about a suspension when he told you he was going to fire you.

What Counterpoint are you talking about? You said the labor manager said either resign or I will fire you. You said he also said that he would take your hours down to zero. He can't do that contractually, unless he fires you.

You're supposed Counterpoint was that the labor manager said he was going to reduce your hours.

Yes. If you didn't resign he was going to reduce your hours down to zero by firing you.

He said that if you didn't resign, he was going to reduce your hours to zero, by firing you for sexual harassment.

Just did.

Then who am I with?

They were referring to the fact that your firing would not have stuck. Yes, you would have been fired, but most probably would have got your job back.

And if you don't believe me, go ask them for yourself what they meant by you would not have been fired.

I ignored nothing.

The labor manager did not say he was going to suspend you, he said he was going to fire you.

You were about to be fired for sexual harassment. Nothing to do with constructive discharge.

Yes, he did say he was going to discharge you. This is the only one relevant. The others are not relevant to your situation

Exactly. But you said that he told you he was going to reduce your hours to zero because you didn't resign. That is correct.

Or, BECAUSE you didn't resign, he was going to reduce your hours to zero by firing you.

It is the same thing. The labor manager cannot reduce your hours to zero unless he fires you.

If you didn't resign, he was going to reduce your hours to zero, by firing you, in that order.

Or, if you didn't resign, he was going to for you, thus reducing your hours to zero.

I'm not assuming anything. If the labor manager told you he was going to reduce your hours to zero and didn't mention anything about firing you, the shop steward would have said something, because he knows the labor manager cannot do that.

The shop steward knew that if you didn't resign the labor manager was going to fire you.

And the shop steward most likely believed that you would not get your job back in a grievance hearing.

Your whole argument is the labor manager supposedly told you he was going to reduce your hours to zero if you didn't resign before he told you he was going to fire you.

Before you waste your money on a lawyer, you better ask your union steward, who was there, how he thinks the labor manager can reduce your hours to zero without firing you.

I'll tell you what your steward's going to say. He's going to say that he believed that if you didn't resign, the labor manager was going to fire you for sexual harassment.

You are welcome to waste your money by lawyering up.

2Down2Many2Go

This may get rather long, but it is

You liked that, did you?

Just did.

Then who am I with?

I ignored nothing.

You are welcome to waste your money by lawyering up

tenor.gif

Integrity

Binge Poster
Thanks for actually speaking coherently, I needed a break.

He actually isn't giving sound anything. He is addressing stuff I never said. Lawyering up is already in progress.
You have that right.

UPS does have deep pockets.

IMO Your weakest point is you had Union Representation and you said you decided to resign so you would not be fired.