Made a sexual joke, got attacked, advice?

Sadman101

Made a very light sexual joke got assaulted by a guy, they fired him and want me to resign. They say they'd fire me if I don't resign. What do y'all think I should do?

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
Made a very light sexual joke got assaulted by a guy, they fired him and want me to resign. They say they'd fire me if I don't resign. What do y'all think I should do?
Couldn't have been too light a joke if it caused the guy to kick your ass. I would quit and keep your sexual innuendos to yourself in future jobs.

Sadman101

what’d ya say
After days of buddy muddying with him for days, including many different sexual conversations with him and many other workers. He was looking at my ass for some reason and I very obviously joking said "you want my booty or something?"
He flips, attacks me, him being 6'4" me 5'1". I subdue him(state champion wrestling and MMA experience) non violently and the supes get involved.
Couldn't have been too light a joke if it caused the guy to kick your ass. I would quit and keep your sexual innuendos to yourself in future jobs.
He screamed about being raped as kid. We both made many sexual jokes back and forth. As do most the people where I work. He didnt kick my ass either, I just didn't hit him back but I stopped him from hitting me.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
After days of buddy muddying with him for days, including many different sexual conversations with him and many other workers. He was looking at my ass for some reason and I very obviously joking said "you want my booty or something?"
He flips, attacks me, him being 6'4" me 5'1". I subdue him(state champion wrestling and MMA experience) non violently and the supes get involved.
He screamed about being raped as kid. We both made many sexual jokes back and forth. As do most the people where I work. He didnt kick my ass either, I just didn't hit him back but I stopped him from hitting me.

any witness’s here what you said

Staydryitsraining

Get a life

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
Damn, dude. That sucks. I had all kinds of good jokes. Especially when I was on preload unloading trailers with someone. Obviously they weren't the kind you tell someone the first time you meet them 'cause they'd probably call the cops but no one got offended and we all had a good time.

sailfish

Hell, there were even a few who we'd greet each other before PCM by sneaking up on the other and grabbing their ass.

sailfish

As soon as he started coming you should've said "it's just a prank, bro" and ran for your life.

Sadman101

Do not resign.

They are not going to fire you.

They will bring the other guy back shortly.

Know your audience.

(I will admit that I didn't take offense with what you said----I thought it was funny.)
The labor director basically screamed at me to give him my badge and leave and be fired for sexual harrassment or resign after I asked for a day to think. Shop steward saw the whole thing and calmed him down. I ended up resigning because he was basically forcing me out anyway. And he said if I didn't we would fire me in a week and refuse to give me work until then. The shop steward agreed with him for some reason.

Get a life
Says the guy :censored2: talking in the internet lol. Thank you! I'll take your wise advice.

Don't resign. Make UPS fire you and go through the grievance process.

They want you to resign because they don't think they have a slam dunk case.
I wish I knew this earlier. The labor director there essentially screamed me into signing it. And the shop steward agreed that I should sign a resignation.