MAGA HATS MEDIA BIAS

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Everybody around them was wearing black. It was the theme of the night. And they're kids who might have never even heard of blackface. If they had been painted any other color, it would have been no problem. They just happened to be painted in black, surrounded by a sea of fellow high school students who were also wearing black. And still choosing to go ahead and ascribe racist motives to people to make a political statement, especially when those people are kids, is a really dangerous path to go down.
Defending people mocking native Americans.

Now defending blackface.

This is awesome.

Lulz.

Box Ox

Exactly.
So what are they gonna sue for, someone disagreeing with them?

I guess whatever their lawyer thinks they can sue for.

From OP's link in post:

"Thanks to the sloppy, one-sided reporting of the malicious, agenda-driven media, a group of Catholic high school teenagers and their families have become the subjects of threats and harassment from a hateful online outrage mob. Their only sins? Being white, Catholic, and supporters of the president.

The full story has emerged in the wake of the fake news blitzkrieg over the weekend, and the media outlets that spread defamatory smears against the kids are now being warned to correct and retract their stories or face a lawsuit. Contrary to the media's malicious narrative, the kids were not racist rednecks mobbing a Native American elder with hateful slurs. It was quite the opposite.

Los Angeles-based trial lawyer Robert Barnes offered to represent the Covington families for free should they decide to sue the New York Times.

Barnes told PJ Media that he was working with the families to sue the media outlets that defamed them.

He said that "anyone who doesn't correct and retract" their false smears would be subject to a lawsuit and that updated stories merely indicating "a more complex picture has emerged" would not necessarily be enough."

upschuck

Where were their chaperones is a good question too. I bet the administration is real happy with their work.
I agree, in the kids letter, they were asked before they did their school chant, so they must have been around. I would have thought once this began, they'd been more visible. It was definitely more intense than any of them had wanted, or bargained for.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I don't care what you call it. It's :censored2:ing racist. It's really sad that someone who claims to be a Democrat excuse that behavior from an educational institution.
No painting your face black is not automatically racist.

Black face is painting ones face black with the intent of portraying a black person.

A high school or college student painting their face black in the name of school spirit is a completely innocent act.

Box Ox

Yep. They all gathered on the steps like a mob and not one willing to step up to the Israelites. Phillips comes into the scene and they converge on him like a pack of hyenas.

They're high school students. Kids on a field trip. Why would you expect them to step up to grown men who were saying stupid things?

It sounds like from all video accounts and media retractions, the interaction with Philips didn't go the way you're depicting it.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
I guess whatever their lawyer thinks they can sue for.

From OP's link in post:

"Thanks to the sloppy, one-sided reporting of the malicious, agenda-driven media, a group of Catholic high school teenagers and their families have become the subjects of threats and harassment from a hateful online outrage mob. Their only sins? Being white, Catholic, and supporters of the president.

The full story has emerged in the wake of the fake news blitzkrieg over the weekend, and the media outlets that spread defamatory smears against the kids are now being warned to correct and retract their stories or face a lawsuit. Contrary to the media's malicious narrative, the kids were not racist rednecks mobbing a Native American elder with hateful slurs. It was quite the opposite.

Los Angeles-based trial lawyer Robert Barnes offered to represent the Covington families for free should they decide to sue the New York Times.

Barnes told PJ Media that he was working with the families to sue the media outlets that defamed them.

He said that "anyone who doesn't correct and retract" their false smears would be subject to a lawsuit and that updated stories merely indicating "a more complex picture has emerged" would not necessarily be enough."
Sounds like they're fishing for money. I'm still confused what they think they've been falsely accused of.

Box Ox

Sounds like they're fishing for money. I'm still confused what they think they've been falsely accused of.

Being:

-Hateful
-Racist
-Bigoted
-Redneck
-Native American harassers

If you can't understand why a parent would want to sue over their kids being painted by national media as such, I can't help you.

MAKAVELI

They're high school students. Kids on a field trip. Why would you expect them to step up to grown men who were saying stupid things?

It sounds like from all video accounts and media retractions, the interaction with Philips didn't go the way you're depicting it.
They obviously felt man enough to step up 2 mr. Phillips.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Being:

-Hateful
-Racist
-Bigoted
-Redneck
-Native American harassers

If you can't understand why a parent would want to sue over their kids being painted by national media as such, I can't help you.
Uh, so they're suing over someone's opinion of their kids..... Ok then, good luck.

Box Ox

Uh, so they're suing over someone's opinion of their kids..... Ok then, good luck.

An opinion becomes more than just an opinion when it's not based on fact and is used to defame an individual on the national stage. Especially when there could be real social, educational and financial implications for them in the future. And especially when it's a kid.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
An opinion becomes more than just an opinion when it's not based on fact and is used to defame an individual on the national stage. Especially when there could be real social, educational and financial implications for them in the future. And especially when it's a kid.
Ok.
They're on video mocking a native American. Good luck in court.

newfie

he'll be the smirking kid with the maga hat for the rest of his life. and half world who is less informed will think he did something wrong that day.