Maintaining LetterBoxes/DropBoxes

Mr Shifter

We recently had a audit where we were to indicate if the box were visible from the street, near competitors, enough supplies and other options.

Out of the 5+ boxes only one was in good repair and/or supplied. The worst box had a waspts nest with a family of waspts living under the flap with NO supplies and dirty in he slots. One box had a broken "already picked up" indicator which was permanently already picked up. All except for one stated had no to very little supplies.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
We recently had a audit where we were to indicate if the box were visible from the street, near competitors, enough supplies and other options.

Out of the 5+ boxes only one was in good repair and/or supplied. The worst box had a waspts nest with a family of waspts living under the flap with NO supplies and dirty in he slots. One box had a broken "already picked up" indicator which was permanently already picked up. All except for one stated had no to very little supplies.
I've filled this out quarterly, each time noting problems. The driver is responsible for making sure it has adequate supplies and is in good working order. We fill it with supplies and keeping it clean, however, decals, timer, paint, locking issues, and overall mechanical operations are to be reported via DIAD message.

All of that said, they have recently redecaled our boxes around here, with detailed instructions inside on who's responsible for what and how to communicate it.

Thebrownstreak

I use to deliver to a truck stop. Triptick was a box located next to ups drop box that had mileage for all of the big rig drivers out there. If there weren't supplies drivers had a number they could call to let ups corporate know. As all trip tick are NDA, in our center if you didn't keep supplied, a warning letter was given if they received the phone call.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I have 5 drop boxes and I do my best to take care of them. 2 of them have broken pickup indicator flags---I have taped a piece of paper over the window, making sure the pickup commit time is still showing. 3 of them are outside so this means I also have to shovel snow as needed.

excessivehours

Now in the drug test pool
All center managers and on-roads here care about now is SPORH. Anything that may lessen that number will effect their bonus in a negative manner. As far as the center manager and on-roads, heavy pick-ups are a total SPORH killer.

Does any body know who their account rep is? They last about 6 months before quitting here. Fedex has good account reps that realize that buying the shipping guys a couple pizzas can reap huge gains in volume.

Clean and maintain LTR boxes, service accounts, wash package cars, are you kidding.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
I have 5 drop boxes and I do my best to take care of them. 2 of them have broken pickup indicator flags---I have taped a piece of paper over the window, making sure the pickup commit time is still showing. 3 of them are outside so this means I also have to shovel snow as needed.

Does anyone else shovel letter boxes?

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Management can't be on drivers ass about production and expect the letter box to be in tip top shape. "Sorry, gotta' book"!

UPSGUY72

Management can't be on drivers ass about production and expect the letter box to be in tip top shape. "Sorry, gotta' book"!

That's like almost leaving your SUP behind at a stop when they are trying to get leads when they are giving you a 3 day or yearly ride.