Major East Coast Blizzard

BSWALKS

Fugitive From Reality
Some municipalities are using snow melters like this. At 9-10 million btu's, it uses an enormous amount of fuel, which is still less than a fleet of dump trucks, if you were to haul it off site. Some also separate the oils as well as trash, before discharging the melted snow.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
I think most of them do but I have seen some with a painted warning that they drain directly in to the lake.

Actually, Dave, I doubt any of your storm sewers are connected to a treatment plant. Imagine the size those plants would have to be in order to deal with the sudden influx of a large storm.

There has been a huge push around here, at great expense to homeowners, to prevent storm water infiltration in the sanitary sewer systems.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
I don't live in the BOG but are storm drains go through the waste water treatment plan before going into the river. Most likely some commie clean water regulation.

See my above post.

What city are you in that can afford treatments plants with that much capacity?

Re-Raise

Is there any particular reason why you have been trolling me in several threads? I don't remember calling for attention from you and don't need a fanboi.

I pointed out that you aren't a driver in the thread about Integrad and I am amused by your fascination with weather.

Don't flatter yourself, I have been amused by others on here long before you showed up.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
I've, I would imagine that your city/town is going through the same thing mine is.

Only difference is, your wastewater flows in a different direction.

oldngray

nowhere special
I don't live in the BOG but are storm drains go through the waste water treatment plan before going into the river. Most likely some commie clean water regulation.

Most cities have water from storm drains going to water treatment plants but there are still a few places that dump that water directly into rivers. Also if there is too much water flow then sometimes the water runoff will be diverted to bypass the treatment plant.

oldngray

nowhere special
Storm water and sewers are separate but parallel systems. At my house storm water system is towards the front and sewers are in back.

PT Car Washer

Most cities have water from storm drains going to water treatment plants but there are still a few places that dump that water directly into rivers. Also if there is too much water flow then sometimes the water runoff will be diverted to bypass the treatment plant.
What I was going to say about diverting the excess Storm water as it is clean water anyway and will dilute any containments.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
I pointed out that you aren't a driver in the thread about Integrad and I am amused by your fascination with weather.

Don't flatter yourself, I have been amused by others on here long before you showed up.
You know what they say about simple things...and I am a driver, have been DOT certified for almost 10 FT years now, just not FT package. Enjoy.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Most cities around here have snow parks .
Places where they truck the snow to sit until spring .
Usually these snow parks are out of way empty lots or used parking lots .
They are forbidden to dump the snow directly into rivers and the ocean .

BSWALKS

Fugitive From Reality
Woke up this morning, & checked the weather. The storm track is trending the wrong way as far as I'm concerned.

I hate snow.