Make sure you get paid for your Vaction

Discussion in 'UPS Union Issues' started by UnionGuy, Oct 27, 2019.

1. UnionGuy

UnionGuy New Member

There was a guy in my shift and area that had sued UPS and won 14k because they didn't pay him his vacation. They also didn't give him his retro, but he didn't sue for that. What happened was that he took a vacation, but ups never paid him for it. He never let the issue go. He quit months ago and then recently sued UPS. I spoke to him over the phone and got his lawyers number. He quit about a month or 2 before the retro checks were being handed out.

2. Indecisi0n

Indecisi0n Well-Known Member

It's only vacation pay . Just be lucky you have a job .

3. Just A UPS Guy

Just A UPS Guy Active Member

This is a really good idea. Also, make sure they pay you for sick days, option days, and hours worked. Thanks for the tip!

4. upschuck

upschuck Well-Known Member

Who would have let it go to 14k?

5. Indecisi0n

Indecisi0n Well-Known Member

Well to be fair, he didn't know to keep track of his vacation until this thread .

6. OrionIsDaddy

OrionIsDaddy Member

Sounds like I should make sure i dont get paid for my vacations.

7. Dr.Brownz

Dr.Brownz Well-Known Member

UPS probably said here have 14k "go away" like they do with many problems. They are the worst negotiators on earth from what I've heard. If you call their bluff one or two times they crumble. Lawyers don't care, they tell the higher ups "yeah this guy would have cost TONNNNSSS in legal fee's better to just pay him off" also it's less work for the lawyer who gets paid regardless.

8. Two Tokes

Two Tokes Give it to me Baby

Got to love them lawyers

9. Underallowed306

Underallowed306 Active Member

I had a vaction one time and it got infected.

10. Jkloc420

Jkloc420 Well-Known Member

i thought this thread was about the pope