Make sure you get paid for your Vaction

UnionGuy

There was a guy in my shift and area that had sued UPS and won 14k because they didn't pay him his vacation. They also didn't give him his retro, but he didn't sue for that. What happened was that he took a vacation, but ups never paid him for it. He never let the issue go. He quit months ago and then recently sued UPS. I spoke to him over the phone and got his lawyers number. He quit about a month or 2 before the retro checks were being handed out.

Dr.Brownz

Who would have let it go to 14k?

UPS probably said here have 14k "go away" like they do with many problems. They are the worst negotiators on earth from what I've heard. If you call their bluff one or two times they crumble. Lawyers don't care, they tell the higher ups "yeah this guy would have cost TONNNNSSS in legal fee's better to just pay him off" also it's less work for the lawyer who gets paid regardless.

Two Tokes

Give it to me Baby
UPS probably said here have 14k "go away" like they do with many problems. They are the worst negotiators on earth from what I've heard. If you call their bluff one or two times they crumble. Lawyers don't care, they tell the higher ups "yeah this guy would have cost TONNNNSSS in legal fee's better to just pay him off" also it's less work for the lawyer who gets paid regardless.
Got to love them lawyers