Make the Teamsters dangerous again

UPSER1987

Between us, I think you're just a little bit anxious that the Teamsters might be coming back. You don't have to admit it. Your bungling attempts at 'demoralizing' us have already betrayed it. Be honest: the thought of well-organized, self-respecting, and militant Teamsters who understand the book, who are ready to demand far more from the company in 2023 -- all that makes you shudder.

If the anxiety gets worse, you might consult a therapist or else try and make friends with a union-busting guru.
Haha! I’m sure the 30 people on this forum have a HUGE influence nationwide…lol.
Honestly, I want to see a good contract get ratified sooner than later. That’s in the best interest of everyone. But I guarantee you, there will be no strike.
PS…don’t get hung up on the word “militant”. Sounds great for the press release, but you still work for UPS.

Apparently the company will stop medical insurance payments one week after any strike. You will pay COBRA week two foward.
We should be covered through the 12th, as long as you work monday, the 31st. Our insurance is earned the week prior, so as long as you have a punch that week, it should be paid the following week on the 4th, to cover the week ending the 12th. After that though, tell your kids not to get hurt.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
We should be covered through the 12th, as long as you work monday, the 31st. Our insurance is earned the week prior, so as long as you have a punch that week, it should be paid the following week on the 4th, to cover the week ending the 12th. After that though, tell your kids not to get hurt.
Financial train wreck waiting to happen.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
Haha! I’m sure the 30 people on this forum have a HUGE influence nationwide…lol.
Honestly, I want to see a good contract get ratified sooner than later. That’s in the best interest of everyone. But I guarantee you, there will be no strike.
PS…don’t get hung up on the word “militant”. Sounds great for the press release, but you still work for UPS.

…represented by the “ Teamsters “…

We were told in our local 406 meeting on Saturday this very thing, that we would have insurance through the 12th
Are you satisfied with our reps? I’m 406 as well and I think we have tits on a boar for reps. Have only seen them twice since covid and they side with management every time. Very arrogant and loopy with us when we push back on their lack of

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
in 97 it was only 1 day a month to be covered instead of 1 day a week. Wasn't an issue the last strike.
It will cost almost $400 a week to keep the insurance. Panic is setting in. No wonder they held off telling everyone.