Make the Teamsters dangerous again

542thruNthru

We've been doing zoom meetings. No one even has to drive or anything. They can also take a lunch during work and participate....

Guess how many more people started participating in the zoom meeting???

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
We've been doing zoom meetings. No one even has to drive or anything. They can also take a lunch during work and participate....

Guess how many more people started participating in the zoom meeting???
They have it too easy. No one knows or cares about the struggles the teamsters went through. And more importantly, they take for granted that the union will always be there. Now is the time to solidify and increase our membership. We are in dangerous times for unions IMO.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Never needed, or asked for, union protection from 1986 to 2014.
Mercy me.
I just did my job as professionally as I could and followed the rules of employment.
It was 19yrs before I ever called in sick and it was the only day in 28 and1/2 years.
I realize that I am a mid last century relic and was raised with work ethics.
99265D10-C449-485E-9EE7-9F87A3DF593C.gif

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Everyone seems to be complaining about what time or what day general membership meetings are held. So what's a good day and time for every member of a local to make it to a meeting? I think a lot of you forget that your local is more than just UPS. Though yes I know some locals are pretty much just UPS.
Broadcast them on YouTube live it’s free

The Teamsters is not just UPS. We have 9k members. 2.5k of that is UPS.

2018 has nothing to do with general membership meetings.

Covid 19 though definitely does.
It's probably a similar percentage here.
But unfortunately it's the same old horse:censored2: politics.
The union does nothing to incentivize the newbies to be a part of the union.
Like I said before I request a new union card that did not realize it was a sworn end date on it.
I guarantee you everyone has joined the union last 15-20 years was never sworn in

542thruNthru

Like I said before I request a new union card that did not realize it was a sworn end date on it.
I guarantee you everyone has joined the union last 15-20 years was never sworn in
Here new members gets sworn in on their first union meeting. If they never come to a meeting they never get sworn in.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
At least 40 years in my local I don’t know anybody that was actually sworn in