Make the Teamsters dangerous again

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
In 97 the teamsters strike fund was broke, so they had to borrow 5 million dollars from the AFL-CIO , to meet that $50 a week strike paycheck.
In Texas, the BA and all his staff received full pay, no matter how long the strike lasted.
To add insult to injury, the teamsters subtracted $40 from the first $50 strike check for union dues.
A scab was born.
Several years later, the teamsters told AFL-CIO to basically screw themselves.
D7EAF84E-FD4D-467A-AF32-0CBDB77F237C.jpeg

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
During a work stoppage, who makes those Teamcare payments?

Team care has a surplus currently...I know we have a strike fund that would pay out $500 a week from the first day, they did raise our Union dues back in 2008 the increase.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
I was wondering how lo
Team care has a surplus currently...I know we have a strike fund that would pay out $500 a week from the first day, they did raise our Union dues back in 2008 the increase.
The company would freeze making those premium payments.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
I was wondering how lo

The company would freeze making those premium payments.

They did't back in "97" when they actually had control over most of our Health and Welfare plans.

The American Public and the Federal Government would not think likely if a highly profitable company decided to punish it's collective bargaining employees by withdrawing their much needed coverage.

Teamcare and the other collective bargaining health plans have plenty of revenue to cover us for a one or three week national work stoppage...The national economy would be hurting if a UPS Strike continues pass 2 weeks, I do not care how much Amazon, Fed Ex or the Post Office says they will never be able to handle the volume...

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
They did't back in "97" when they actually had control over most of our Health and Welfare plans.

The American Public and the Federal Government would not think likely if a highly profitable company decided to punish it's collective bargaining employees by withdrawing their much needed coverage.

Teamcare and the other collective bargaining health plans have plenty of revenue to cover us for a one or three week national work stoppage...The national economy would be hurting if a UPS Strike continues pass 2 weeks, I do not care how much Amazon, Fed Ex or the Post Office says they will never be able to handle the volume...
I don't know? Their argument would be that they quit.

Starve them out.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
So if the Teamsters foot the insurance bill, at that point are rtw scabs without insurance?
Probably not. They get union protection so they’re probably entitled to the benefits as well. Bad look for the teamsters if they cut them off.
As far as I’m concerned, you may have the right to work but you should also be on your own as far as union representation is concerned. Leave them at the mercy of the company.