Making scratch

Siveriano

Im going to start my 30 days next week and I’m reading other threads here and I’d like to understand certain terminology. People are talking about X number of clicks.
1. What does clicks mean and how do you go over them?
2. Does making scratch basically mean not going over Orion’s time and mileage?
3. Should I always follow trace and only brake it for airs and pick ups?

Thank you
Just do your best and kiss ass every day after you come in, go to your sup and ask something like " so at this stop i did this, how can i do better tomorrow" some management like to hear when you are trying to push yourself to your limits.

Brown echo

If u are not alive than for sure truth is not real
Im going to start my 30 days next week and I’m reading other threads here and I’d like to understand certain terminology. People are talking about X number of clicks.
1. What does clicks mean and how do you go over them?
2. Does making scratch basically mean not going over Orion’s time and mileage?
3. Should I always follow trace and only brake it for airs and pick ups?

Thank you
1) just get the job done sir! 2) just get the job done 3) scan make sure you are at the right address ....... built your own skills , lest the game begin.

hegro

You don't necessarily need to be delivering on your lunch break but you should be organizing your truck and setting your second half of the day up to be as successful as possible. Once qualified only sort on their time but during your 30 just be safe and learn to work fast while doing it.

Mo19072

So someone answer this please if you know about making scratch.
Where can I see how long my dispatch for the day is? Does Orion tell you that?

And let’s say for example I have an 8 hour dispatch. I punch in at 9:00, punch in 1/2 hr lunch and then punch out at 17:30. Does that mean I made scratch or does lunch count?

And my center doesn’t post production reports. Where can I see one to know how I performed the previous day?

And let’s say for example I have an 8 hour dispatch. I punch in at 9:00, punch in 1/2 hr lunch and then punch out at 17:30. Does that mean I made scratch or does lunch count?

And my center doesn’t post production reports. Where can I see one to know how I performed the previous day?
Ask your sup to see the report.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

This is just a shot in the dark

Maybe try asking your supervisor

SMH!!

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
The last of the actual "boots on the ground" time studies and the respective trace drawn were done in 2010. Anything afterwords was cobbled together by someone sitting in their desk - making stuff up.
IF the route is not currently getting OJS'd then the often-only possible way of making scratch is to work for free: load everything yourself rather than the preloader, re sort again on rest periods and even find a good spot like a multi-story residence to scope out while on lunch.
Nowadays your managers are only looking for you giving a good attempt at scratching, the policy of scratching 5 days in a row is slowly fading. But you could certainly try to scratch or at minimum make improvements week-after-week.

They cheat the parameters on an OJS. OJS is a sane normal and efficient day. Day after when it's done they go back to pounding me and my men with a big ol fist 11 hour days and a whole ton of time and money flushed down the toilet.

UrFellowUpser

The only way i can make scratch every other day is by taking 15mins out of my hour break everyday at 11:30 or 12:00 by setting my truck up in order by the pal labels. Sometimes i do it quickly in my 10 minute paid break so i dont have to waste it on part of my hour break. Then after my break i start delivering following the method of knowing my next 5 stops and selve numbers of where those packages are and try not to spend no more than 10 seconds looking for that package when i get to the stop and of course its a little more if you have more than one pkg. As you deliver packages just keep sliding them forward so you dont really even have to go in the back. Just one foot in and one foot out. After you get the pkg or pkgs walk briskly to the porch, front door, garage, dock etc and stop complete it and walk quickly back to the truck and get to that next stop and do it again and again and again until your done.

Last edited:

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.

If the numbers are not posted, your center probably has a really good time allowance. Sups don't like to post good reports

Last edited:

BigBrown87

If it’s brown, it’s going down

Have the OMS sup print your time card out every night, it will breakdown your overallowed and all numbers you will need for production purposes.