Making UPS a career?

Lucidd

Woah, leave for a few days. Come back and this thread has exploded with replies. Just read all of them and i'm still interested in UPS. I don't want a career that requires me to think a crap ton. I just want to do a basic job, make good money and go home. I don't want to do anything special anymore like being a doctor, or an engineer or something. I feel like just settling down with UPS honestly... I don't mind working much anymore. A job is a job. I was planning on being a doctor, and the kind i wanted to be works 80+ hours a week and i was fine with it. I think i'll just make UPS my career since i'll make good money and have benefits. Like i honestly don't care what job i do as long as i make good money. I don't care if i'll have to work in crap conditions such as snow. I love snow. Like i just want to drive, deliver packages, make money and enjoy my life, not spend years in school after graduating high school lol. I understand that I'll have to work my way up to full time driver, and i'm fine with that. At 18 i'll be getting paid more then any 18 year old right off the back, and in a few years i'd be making good money all without needing to go to college.

Lucidd

I posted this on my last thread, so please forgive me. I just wanted to post this on a separate thread all together.

Hello everyone, I'm 16 and looking to make UPS a career. I don't want a career that requires me to think a crap ton. I just want to do a basic job, make good money and go home. I don't want to do anything special anymore like being a doctor, or an engineer or something. I feel like just settling down with UPS honestly... I don't mind working much anymore. A job is a job. I was planning on being a doctor, and the kind i wanted to be works 80+ hours a week and i was fine with it. I think i'll just make UPS my career since i'll make good money and have benefits. Like i honestly don't care what job i do as long as i make good money. I don't care if i'll have to work in crap conditions such as snow. I love snow. Like i just want to drive, deliver packages, make money and enjoy my life, not spend years in school after graduating high school, only to perhaps be making less money then i would be if i'd just gone for UPS. I understand that I'll have to work my way up to full time driver, and i'm fine with that. At 18 i'll be getting paid more then any 18 year old right off the bat, and in a few years i'd be making good money all without needing to go to college.

Last edited:

clean hairy

You started a new thread asking the same question as your previous thread.
You expect different answers this time?
Maybe a Mod can merge these 2 threads?

Lucidd

Couldn't tell you if it's the right path for you until you've actually done it. Some people who thought they were born to drive freak the eff out and they're gone on day 1. Be careful with all those eggs.

I honestly wouldn't mind driving. It beats going to college for years.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
I posted this on my last thread, so please forgive me. I just wanted to post this on a separate thread all together.

Hello everyone, I'm 16 and looking to make UPS a career. I don't want a career that requires me to think a crap ton. I just want to do a basic job, make good money and go home. I don't want to do anything special anymore like being a doctor, or an engineer or something. I feel like just settling down with UPS honestly... I don't mind working much anymore. A job is a job. I was planning on being a doctor, and the kind i wanted to be works 80+ hours a week and i was fine with it. I think i'll just make UPS my career since i'll make good money and have benefits. Like i honestly don't care what job i do as long as i make good money. I don't care if i'll have to work in crap conditions such as snow. I love snow. Like i just want to drive, deliver packages, make money and enjoy my life, not spend years in school after graduating high school lol only to perhaps be making less money then i would be if i'd just gone for UPS. I understand that I'll have to work my way up to full time driver, and i'm fine with that. At 18 i'll be getting paid more then any 18 year old right off the bat, and in a few years i'd be making good money all without needing to go to college.

In behalf of all of us, I want to applaud your decision not to pursue a career in the medical field.

Lucidd

In behalf of all of us, I want to applaud your decision not to pursue a career in the medical field.

I was talking to some pretty salty nurses the other day too. They kept complaining about how crappy their job was, yet they continue to stick with it year after year. Most have been working as a nurse for decades. I would have left and found me another job.

Holydriver

Woah, leave for a few days. Come back and this thread has exploded with replies. Just read all of them and i'm still interested in UPS. I don't want a career that requires me to think a crap ton. I just want to do a basic job, make good money and go home. I don't want to do anything special anymore like being a doctor, or an engineer or something. I feel like just settling down with UPS honestly... I don't mind working much anymore. A job is a job. I was planning on being a doctor, and the kind i wanted to be works 80+ hours a week and i was fine with it. I think i'll just make UPS my career since i'll make good money and have benefits. Like i honestly don't care what job i do as long as i make good money. I don't care if i'll have to work in crap conditions such as snow. I love snow. Like i just want to drive, deliver packages, make money and enjoy my life, not spend years in school after graduating high school lol. I understand that I'll have to work my way up to full time driver, and i'm fine with that. At 18 i'll be getting paid more then any 18 year old right off the back, and in a few years i'd be making good money all without needing to go to college.
yep, UPS is the job for you..

Box Ox

I was talking to some pretty salty nurses the other day too. They kept complaining about how crappy their job was, yet they continue to stick with it year after year. Most have been working as a nurse for decades. I would have left and found me another job.

I was just talking to one last night. She's very good at her job but still completely over the nurse thing. Helps put things into perspective for me. Few people are truly happy so we might as well stick with our means to an end, which is shoveling cardboard for the good life outside of work.

Lucidd

I was just talking to one last night. She's very good at her job but still completely over the nurse thing. Helps put things into perspective for me. Few people are truly happy so we might as well stick with our means to an end, which is shoveling cardboard for the good life outside of work.

I hear working at UPS has very strict rules you need to follow, is this true? do you like your job.