Management falsification

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
We have ugly weather where I am and this morning we were directed by our Senior Manager that any stops that we can't attempt because of bad roads must have a Code 8 on them. Now I've been around for a little while, and correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't that what an 84 is for? Funny how falsification is ok for management but if we do it, it's a fireable offense.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Yeah, that's way off base.

Curious what you district director would have to say about that.

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.
What is code 8 and 84?
You guys gotta realize some day that for the past at least 7 yrs. we haven't been using these number codes.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
We have ugly weather where I am and this morning we were directed by our Senior Manager that any stops that we can't attempt because of bad roads must have a Code 8 on them. Now I've been around for a little while, and correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't that what an 84 is for? Funny how falsification is ok for management but if we do it, it's a fireable offense.

Bogus.

serco

Why would he rather code a business as closed and have a customer complaint than a weather issue? Makes no sense.

Sent from device_name using BrownCafe App

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
What is code 8 and 84?
You guys gotta realize some day that for the past at least 7 yrs. we haven't been using these number codes.

You are correct. Sorry. Old habits are hard to break. So, today we were told to use not attempted because of weather. Don't know what the difference is today from yesterday. WAD.

!Retired!

You could do a code 8 and not be falsifying IF you actually go to the road to the persons house and not be falsifying, because you did attempt it. If you know ahead of time you can't get up/down that road and you don't go there, then beyond our control would be correct. Used to happen to me when I was down south any time quite a bit.

hypo hanna

You could do a code 8 and not be falsifying IF you actually go to the road to the persons house and not be falsifying, because you did attempt it. If you know ahead of time you can't get up/down that road and you don't go there, then beyond our control would be correct. Used to happen to me when I was down south any time quite a bit.
If you didn't knock on his door, you didn't attempt it and you don't know if he is there or not. A DEX 8 will draw a customer complaint. The proper code if you can't get to the door because of weather is DEX 84.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
My guess is a pux84 counts as a "wrong day late". A big hot button issue right now.

Notice that management doesn't really care if the customer gets their package or not...they just want the right code on it so it doesn't go down as a RDL or WDL. Perhaps if they had the right equipment, enough vans, and some runners, things would be in better shape.