Management found a new loophole..

F

Frankie's Friend

Article 12 National Master:

The Employer shall not alter the information from the DIAD board, or information recorded through the use of any other technology, so as to diminish an employee’s compensable time, without the employee’s knowledge. Further, the Employer shall post for an employee’s review, a copy of the PTE edits for each day. No supervisor shall use a DIAD, or any other information recorded through the use of any other technology, under the name of an hourly employee unless the employee is present. This includes for the purpose of training and demonstration.
Post where? In a book or on a board where all the employees traffic?

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt

The Employer shall not alter the information from the DIAD board, or information recorded through the use of any other technology, so as to diminish an employee’s compensable time, without the employee’s knowledge. Further, the Employer shall post for an employee’s review, a copy of the PTE edits for each day. No supervisor shall use a DIAD, or any other information recorded through the use of any other technology, under the name of an hourly employee unless the employee is present. This includes for the purpose of training and demonstration.

Just came here to post this.

UPSER1987

Post where? In a book or on a board where all the employees traffic?

In our center there are binders by driver work group, that has the (wor, ddr, recap, over/under) reports by day. They are available for all drivers. In a separate binder, there is a timecard edit log. They are both available for a week in the binders, which are on counters outside the center and printed before drivers report to work. They are also saved electronically for 6 weeks.

RolloTony Brown Town

Long story short, I needed help finishing off my route here recently, Sup sends me a guy with a already loaded EDD of my full route. Instead of me transferring my EDD to his, he just delivers from from the already loaded EDD. I called said sup and asked why, was told it gives dispatch a raise, so it looks like nobody had to help anybody, and appears on paper that work is evened out. Also looks as if it was delivered from the original route. We don't even scan anything to transfer. Just give him the boxes and he already has a loaded EDD.. Don't get me wrong it's a hell of a lot quicker, but now it's going to mess with my numbers and Orion percentage. Also, those boxes are my responsibility until they get delivered. God forbid the help loses a box, it would come right back on me. No record of the transfer. Seems like dishonesty/falsifying numbers!? I hate to be that guy, but can anyone provide some language on this?

It doesn’t affect your Orion numbers, not that any real driver cares about that. Orion is affected by the order you deliver stops in based off your solution. There is an Orion percentage for each driver, not each route.

Your dispatch plan numbers are driven by miles, stops, and pieces. Your planned dispatch numbers were changed anytime someone helps you. The time you’re stopped is all going in to overallowed because you’re not delivering. Basically who cares! You needed help! They sent help! Hey Utahloader why were you stopped for 20 minutes from 19:30-19:50? Umm I was giving rollo tony some stops? Just focus on delivering stops and let the supervisors supervise. You asked for help and got it. Plain and simple.

dudebro

In our center there are binders by driver work group, that has the (wor, ddr, recap, over/under) reports by day. They are available for all drivers. In a separate binder, there is a timecard edit log. They are both available for a week in the binders, which are on counters outside the center and printed before drivers report to work. They are also saved electronically for 6 weeks.
If the right due diligence is happening, IE is auditing time cards periodically and if there are too many edits or some other issue arises that requires a look at the edits, an audit can happen.

brownIEman

No way anything dishonest ever happens. Lol.
Wow, you have way more faith in management than is warranted. Having been in management, I can tell you, as I've indicated several times in the thread, there very well could be dishonesty happening in this instance.

Management do dishonest acts all the time in this company. Same is true for hourlies.

brownIEman

Gotta ask, who's going to spearhead the national grievance for the fact that no operation has printed a PTE edit report at UPS in years?

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Gotta ask, who's going to spearhead the national grievance for the fact that no operation has printed a PTE edit report at UPS in years?

How do you know that's being done nationwide ?

There are drivers every morning going over the ops report looking at over-allowed.

If an employee wants to see the PTE edits.... first thing to do is ask.

You have to do that, before you can file a grievance.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
Nope, just a quick way to give him credit for the notion that none of this will impact the drivers pay so it didn't look like I was trying to take credit for it.
Not quite.
Make sure that guys work wasn’t combined with yours
This^^^^
But at least you could see if they number of stops you did matches what the report says.
and this^^^^^

My question, for anyone who wants to answer, is if a driver in a bonus center benefits from the numbers being combined in a “Yourname2” Diad. Example JohnDoe does 170 stops, but avoid showing another route someone coded as safety does an additional 40 stops as JohnDoe2. The numbers are combined, as JohnDoe, original. The “real JohnDoe”, now gets bonus pay, based on the reports showing he did 210 stops in 9 hours. He is paid 10.5, knows he didn’t do 210, but will look the other way as he is benefiting from a free hour and half of OT. Question is this, Is this stealing from the company?

Utahloader

It doesn’t affect your Orion numbers, not that any real driver cares about that. Orion is affected by the order you deliver stops in based off your solution. There is an Orion percentage for each driver, not each route.

Your dispatch plan numbers are driven by miles, stops, and pieces. Your planned dispatch numbers were changed anytime someone helps you. The time you’re stopped is all going in to overallowed because you’re not delivering. Basically who cares! You needed help! They sent help! Hey Utahloader why were you stopped for 20 minutes from 19:30-19:50? Umm I was giving rollo tony some stops? Just focus on delivering stops and let the supervisors supervise. You asked for help and got it. Plain and simple.
Wish that worked with management, you want your stops delivered, they got delivered. So what, what order they got delivered in? Who cares? I go outside of my way to help sups whenever possible. This however, is a bit too far. You also completely avoided the accountability issue. Not hard to see how this could bite a driver back big time. Not me. No sir.

Sweeper

Where’s the broom?
I’d look into possibly suing for forged documents if the sup had the drivers name and ID entered... aka signature.

I’m willing to bet that package drivers will have to enter their employee/gems ID and password to log into and out of a Diad soon. Much like feeders. Supposedly Diads will be Samsung phones soon. That would end a lot of these shenanigans.

WTFm8

I’m willing to bet that package drivers will have to enter their employee/gems ID and password to log into and out of a Diad soon. Much like feeders. Supposedly Diads will be Samsung phones soon. That would end a lot of these shenanigans.

Those phones are junk. We have to use them if shifting package cars. Scan the car, enter position parked/staged at every time it’s moved. My building/property is too small so constantly moving many times.

Sweeper

Where’s the broom?
Those phones are junk. We have to use them if shifting package cars. Scan the car, enter position parked/staged at every time it’s moved. My building/property is too small so constantly moving many times.
Its the login/log off procedure that would end some of the time card manipulating, specifically diads being used by someone other than the person’s ID that is in the board. You’re absolutely right about the phones being junk.

brownIEman

How do you know that's being done nationwide ?

There are drivers every morning going over the ops report looking at over-allowed.

If an employee wants to see the PTE edits.... first thing to do is ask.

You have to do that, before you can file a grievance.

I know it's not happening nation wide because before I left 3 years ago PTE (Package Timecard Editor) was replaced by GTS (Global Timecard System). No operation has used PTE much less printed any reports from it in years.

I was joking.

brownIEman

Wish that worked with management, you want your stops delivered, they got delivered. So what, what order they got delivered in? Who cares? I go outside of my way to help sups whenever possible. This however, is a bit too far. You also completely avoided the accountability issue. Not hard to see how this could bite a driver back big time. Not me. No sir.

I have answered your accountability concern several times in this thread. Management eliminated their ability to hold you accountable for any missing packages on your car that day when they did what they did. You seem determined to find every fault with management you can, to the point of making some up out of sheer fantasy. So, you insist on believing that management increased you exposure to discipline when they actually did the opposite.

Clearly you are not going to believe me. Management are all heartless, stealing, lying, baby eaters. They're also literally Hitler. Carry on.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
I know it's not happening nation wide because before I left 3 years ago PTE (Package Timecard Editor) was replaced by GTS (Global Timecard System). No operation has used PTE much less printed any reports from it in years.

I was joking.
Changing acronyms or software doesn't void the "intent" of the contractual language, nor does it insulate the Company for being out of compliance if called on it.

....but if it was a "joke", I'll play along.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
I have answered your accountability concern several times in this thread. Management eliminated their ability to hold you accountable for any missing packages on your car that day when they did what they did. You seem determined to find every fault with management you can, to the point of making some up out of sheer fantasy. So, you insist on believing that management increased you exposure to discipline when they actually did the opposite.
You can't say any of that without examining the delivery records of all drivers with overlapping dispatches, cross referenced with GPS coordinates for each completed stop.

Hopefully the BA or Steward will know the right questions to ask and the correct information to request if it goes down wrong.
Clearly you are not going to believe me. Management are all heartless, stealing, lying, baby eaters. They're also literally Hitler. Carry on.
I can't speak for @Utahloader, but I will state for myself that none of the "creative" measures these front line managers dream up surprise me anymore, nor do I trust that they will own the consequences if exposed.

It is simple human nature to cheat when an individual is backed into a corner, tasked to achieve honestly unattainable metrics, while their compensation is tied to that success.

That's why the smart manager quits and finds a better job, the honest ones flounder at lower level positions, and the diabolical cheaters get promoted.

Either way, there is no reason for me to trust any of them.