Management Memo Shows Bosses Amok...

Livin the Dream?

Disillusioned UPSer
Seriously - Is anyone really shocked by this?

The only thing shocking about this is the stupidity to write it down.

Our center manager will NOT communicate ANYTHING AT ALL in writing, it MUST be done face to face or by phone. I always assumed it was because of leaving a paper trail.

705red

Browncafe Steward
Seriously - Is anyone really shocked by this?

The only thing shocking about this is the stupidity to write it down.

Our center manager will NOT communicate ANYTHING AT ALL in writing, it MUST be done face to face or by phone. I always assumed it was because of leaving a paper trail.
That was an inner office memo that was handed to a union rep! believe it or not there are some good sups out there.

Cementups

Box Monkey
Well, I know my Union Steward is a lurker on so hopefully he will be reading this or I will have to print him out a copy for his eyes.

tieguy

Banned
The memo looks believable. Is there a reason why the names were removed from the memo?

Whats to stop me from distributing my own memo that makes the union look bad and claiming its from a high ranking union official?

Catatonic

Nine Lives
The memo looks believable. Is there a reason why the names were removed from the memo?
To protect the innocent.

Whats to stop me from distributing my own memo that makes the union look bad and claiming its from a high ranking union official?
Nothing ... Go for it.

Livin the Dream?

Disillusioned UPSer
TDU - Teamsters for a Democratic Union - had this story at

http://tdu.org/node/2892

With a link to the scanned memo here

http://tdu.org/files/marchcost-cuttinginitiatives.pdf

I then took the PDF, cleaned it, scanned it, ran OCR and got my above post, which is a readable version.

Which got me thinking.... I had to work alot, because it was a dirty scan, with folds. Skewed almost 20% off center. Scans of blank spots. And I thought more...

My guess it is a hoax, a fake memo. Whoever scanned it, posted it on the TDU website either has no pride in their work, or they really wanted it to look like a scanned memo.

I believe the sentiments shown in it are held by management, I think that document is a fake. My opinion only, I won't argue it, because I really don't care.

Thank Tie for putting the doubt in my head....

pretzel_man

I have to ask - what is so bad about this?

I also do not understand any outrage over this memo.

The only downside I can think of is if the supervisors do not understand how to attack these issues.

In the old days, we had team MBC.

We would have goals just like these. We would then have to write down the action items necessary to attain those goal.

From my perspective these goals are fair, understandable, and clear.

If the supervisors are well trained, this is a non-issue. If they are not, well chaos can ensue.

The issue will not be the memo, it will be the quality of the management team.

P-Man

squirlygirly

Sorry fellas about the "faulty" link with my original posting. Bravo to you all, though, for finding your way to the memo! :thumbsup:
Goes to show how "naive" one can be, on my part, cuz it never even occured to me the memo could possibly be a fake. :confused2: