Management Offer!

sexyupsman

But Steve, you might make a great manager! Why wouldnt you at least try to get up in the UPS ranks? Although, (just my opinion) I would love to be a driver out on the road meeting new people. I am stuck behind a desk. I am in management and hate it so never mind. Keep on the outside. I am sure you are a great driver!:wink2:

outta hours

But Steve, you might make a great manager! Why wouldnt you at least try to get up in the UPS ranks? Although, (just my opinion) I would love to be a driver out on the road meeting new people. I am stuck behind a desk. I am in management and hate it so never mind. Keep on the outside. I am sure you are a great driver!:wink2:

Not sure why this came to mind? Sorry for the hijack.

Men on Film IV

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ

You mean you are a UPS'er, too? Or do you just work a desk job?

Not sure why this came to mind? Sorry for the hijack.

YouTube - Men on Film IV

Very funny, outta.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Anybody else get one of these in the mail? In these times, why would anyone even think about such a thing?

Feel free to fix the wording so that it reflects your own personal feelings or so that the offer would be more appealing. I'm sure that we can do a better job than this, whether it's a full rewrite or adding some choice words. Let's have some fun!

This thread is the sole responsibility of stevetheupsguy (STUG), and is intended for fun use by my friends and family, here at the Brown Cafe. This is not meant to offend or make fun of, those that have already taken this offer or those that are thinking about this offer, or those that will eventually take this offer. This offer is only valid in the continental United States.

Date 1/28/09

Dear UPSer,
As you plan your future, you may be considering a position in feeders
at ups. Ups has sustained over 100 years of success thanks, in part, to
a culture of promotion from within. It is important to remember that
even in challenging economic times such as these, ups remains committed
to the development and "growth" of our people. Current business realities,
however, mean that our company must carefully manage staffing and costs.

For the coming year, this will likely mean that promotional
opportunities into feeders will be limited or reduced. This should
not discourage you from considering a position in feeders. Instead,
it should help you to understand and accept that even if you qualify,
the wait for an opportunity to move into a new position will require
more patience and time than has been true in years past.
Should you wish to pursue a feeder position, the feeders
promotion and car wash processes are two of many UPS programs that provide
avenues for accessing opportunity and "growth".

This letter is sent analy to inform employees on how to be
considered for either a feeder level position or a car wash position
All current employees interested in greater responsibility may apply.
To be considered for a feeder level position:
Send a completed Letter of Interest Cover Sheet
(enclosed with this letter or obtained from Human Resources) along with a letter, hand written or typed, to the Human Resources (H.R.) manager.

The letter
can be submitted via UPS housemail (see your supervisor) or 'U.S.mail.

The Letter of Interest Cover Sheet should indicate the following:

your employee ID, which can be obtained from your pay stub or

your manager,

names of your current management team,

whether you're applying for a full-time feeders, full-time
car washer, or part-time feeders position,

names of relatives that are currently or were previously employed

by UPS and where they are located.

Your letter of interest should indicate the following:

your lack of education, lack of experience, lack of skills, and lack of goals

why you are interested in a feeders Position at UPS

outta hours

LOL, not at all, just a spin on the words.......feel free to make it say whatever you like. Sorry, after further inspection I understand why you thought that. My apologies, I was just playing with words.:peaceful:

No apology required I thought it was funny, even if it was a shot. I thought maybe it was a digg at me for my Men on Film link. SNAP! :happy2:

Jim Kemp

Why would anyone want to go into mgt. at ups? I have walked into the office while they were having a conference calls one day and it was not pretty. The sups were sitting around while someone on the other end was giving them pure hell. It was pathetic. Grown men having someone berate them like little children. And they just had to sit there and take it without saying a word.
No amount of money is worth that.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Why would anyone want to go into mgt. at ups? I have walked into the office while they were having a conference calls one day and it was not pretty. The sups were sitting around while someone on the other end was giving them pure hell. It was pathetic. Grown men having someone berate them like little children. And they just had to sit there and take it without saying a word.

Would you say it's.......WORTHLESS?:wink2:

Every Year they have to send out the promo info as part of a settlement - EVERYONE GETS ONE! But you can still feel special if u want:happy-very:

Your avatar reminds me of my On-Road supe.:surprised:

Kraetos

Preload, Loader

Ya I marvel at the complete lack of respect and professionalism in management. It does explain where they are taught to treat us with the exact same thing, they get their attitudes from corporate.

As always I remember the old saying that "**** rolls down hill". I can't wait for the day when I can pick it up and shove it down their throats...

Last edited:

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Funny how you say they are taught to be that way. I have to disagree with that, somewhat. I do believe they are taught to function a certain way, but I believe the rest comes from what is really in their hearts.

I twisted my ankle yesterday and told the supes today that I wouldn't be able to drive. They sent the On-Road supe with me to jump all day. It was at this point that I realized that supervision is what you make it. Out of all the center manager's and supes I've known or worked under, I'd have to say that 2 to 3 of them had the best perspective I've seen. These guys were and still are way cool and have a great way of getting their jobs done. I think that they would be this way in anything they pursued. jmho

Sammie

Anybody else get one of these in the mail? In these times, why would anyone even think about such a thing?

STUG, it's all coming back to me now, why we keep tearing up those
little brown letters we get every year....

Tremendous pressure on time sensitive product + loving attitude between supervision & hourly = Challenging Atmosphere.

No more union to save your butt from things you never did...

Company rules are a religion.

Sit in an office of organized catastrophe and watch your love handles grow...

Give as many stops as you can to some poor guy and let him deliver all day and all night...

Complete comfort that your job will never be up for grabs...

Relocation, necessary for promotions, every 2 - 3 years. Great for family life (and divorce attorneys)...

Big chance to be a numbers guy. You are a number that will create numbers....

Save the company money and put those red tags back out on the road....

Balance Productivity and Safety...:dissapointed:

Say one thing and do another...

Listen to complaints from drivers and customers all the live long day...

Prepare to execute orders from Oz, not from you (yours might make sense)...

Keep your cool when you find out your union employee with no education makes twice what you do...

outta hours

I twisted my ankle yesterday and told the supes today that I wouldn't be able to drive.

Hopefully not having your picture taken jumping from the roof of your pkg. car to a FedEx Truck. Or something crazy like that.:wink2:

We called it the safety committee curse when I was in pkg. Everyone on the committee was or had been on TAW,Comp,or light duty.

packagedude

My wife thought i should take it for hospitalization. I told her she already had it...keep talking back to me and you will be in the hospital:happy-very: and these are all for fun....:peaceful: