Management Retirement at 59

PT Car Washer

So why are you not driving down the driveway to this business and making a delivery? Why are you walking it off? You did not explain and I was just wondering?
I guess I assumed there was no safe place to get turned around as the FedEx guy backed out of the drive.

MethodsMan

So why are you not driving down the driveway to this business and making a delivery? Why are you walking it off? You did not explain and I was just wondering?

The obvious risk of accident by clipping an overhang and kicking up dust everywhere. There's also a sign that says no delivery vehicles past this point. Its a very narrow driveway, sir.

As well as nowhere to turn around.

Rainman

Its all good.
Acceptable means just that. They don't go above and beyond---they get stuff (quicker) from Point A to Point B.
Maybe where you are. Around here they are not quicker. Sometimes the same speed, but not quicker. I had a customer of mine( business) telling me how FE Home claimed at first that his business was a resi, then claimed delivery attempts Wednesday and Thursday, when he was there both days. After arguing with them and proving them wrong on all counts, they finally agreed to another delivery attempt tomorrow.
I guess they don't face the same repercussions as we do when they falsify records. This is not an isolated incident.
Maybe the FE ground / home people in your area do better, but here they are definitely 2nd string.

Kmart sux. So does Walmart. And Orion.

Of all UPS Management people still working, how many do think were hired before 2000? (I think 2000 is when the pension ended and 401K began.) I'm guessing 40%. This is the only group from whom UPS could steal retirement pay, so as this demographic dwindles, the benefit for UPS to make a change gets less. Maybe Corp will just let us die off and smile.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Of all UPS Management people still working, how many do think were hired before 2000? (I think 2000 is when the pension ended and 401K began.) I'm guessing 40%. This is the only group from whom UPS could steal retirement pay, so as this demographic dwindles, the benefit for UPS to make a change gets less. Maybe Corp will just let us die off and smile.
401k started in 1989 for non-Union UPS employees.
Pension for new employees stopped around 2006-7.