Management Retirement

Fragile

I'm noticing too that the recent promotions that are listed on UPSers are of new hires with less than 2 years on the job. I'm sure it's the same in other districts too. My experience with them has been completely unprofessional and uninspiring.

OldMan

I can tell you this. I am retired and worked 36 years at UPS. Anyone in management has a horror story or 2 to tell. I was in operations most of my career. To this day I can't believe all the crap I put up with. I will say that UPS provided me with an early retirement that I thoroughly enjoy!

I can tell you this. I am retired and worked 36 years at UPS. Anyone in management has a horror story or 2 to tell. I was in operations most of my career. To this day I can't believe all the crap I put up with. I will say that UPS provided me with an early retirement that I thoroughly enjoy!

Congrats to you OldMan!!
I have 35 years in and 20 months to go. (wish me luck.) There was a long stretch my wife and I call the "Dark Years". I would see my kids on Sunday night and not again until Saturday afternoon after Sat air. Asleep when I went to work and asleep when I got home. I should have left then, but with a family, I had obligations which were my priority. Today's new management have a 401K they can slip in their wallet and UPS on their resume so they have less strings holding them.

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
Congrats to you OldMan!!
I have 35 years in and 20 months to go. (wish me luck.) There was a long stretch my wife and I call the "Dark Years". I would see my kids on Sunday night and not again until Saturday afternoon after Sat air. Asleep when I went to work and asleep when I got home. I should have left then, but with a family, I had obligations which were my priority. Today's new management have a 401K they can slip in their wallet and UPS on their resume so they have less strings holding them.
Thats sad man....

What's sad? The fact that my family and I had to go through that, or that I didn't leave then?
I have to give my wife credit that we are still together after all these years.
The daily torture was hard on me but I learned to accept it. My wife had to take responsibility for all the family pressure and then try to be supportive of me when I came home with the bruises.

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
What's sad? The fact that my family and I had to go through that, or that I didn't leave then?
I have to give my wife credit that we are still together after all these years.
The daily torture was hard on me but I learned to accept it. My wife had to take responsibility for all the family pressure and then try to be supportive of me when I came home with the bruises.
The fact UPS treats its operations people so bad. Time is the only commodity you cannot make more of.

hyena

359d0yp.gif