Management Retirement

PhatAzz

One time bonuses do not increase your base pay. Your base pay is what your pension is figured on for management. It's the same with the MIP. Once they give you a raise-you never loose the raise. (and next year, your raise is a percentage of your base pay. Bonuses, just like the MIP, can be given or NOT given and do not affect your base pay. Remember all the labor contracts back in the 80's and 90's when full timers/part timers (hourly)were given bonuses? The hourly rate did not increase - but they were given one time bonuses.

Sweetwater

This ain't my first rodeo
Can anyone validate the accuracy of the management retirement calculator? I've got 2 years left and want to verify the monthly pension amount listed on the sight is actually what I will be getting when I retire?

I ran the calculator / estimator my last month before retiring. It is accurate to the exact dollar. Actually, it's accuracy is good as soon as you have your best 5 of the last 10 years. Once that occurs, the formula is the formula. Trust it.

Jetfan53

I spent 28 years, 11 in the district and the last 17 in I.S. Things went well with my career until I turned 55. Managers began asking me when I was retiring. My QPR scores went down without explanation. Now I know at least three other people who are being treated in a similar manner. I.T. has an aging workforce and they are outsourcing much of the work. When a management person retires they do not replace them. It appears they want people retiring ASAP so that they can continue outsourcing as well as lowering the pension fund.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I spent 28 years, 11 in the district and the last 17 in I.S. Things went well with my career until I turned 55. Managers began asking me when I was retiring. My QPR scores went down without explanation. Now I know at least three other people who are being treated in a similar manner. I.T. has an aging workforce and they are outsourcing much of the work. When a management person retires they do not replace them. It appears they want people retiring ASAP so that they can continue outsourcing as well as lowering the pension fund.
They did the same thing to me exception QPRs stayed the same.
Are you in Mr Clean's or Rick Moranis's portfolio?

ECR AIRman

I worked for years with Mr Brown
Often times was out of town
I handled boxes, trucks, and trains,
I even worked with Aeroplanes

After thirty four years i took my leave
Do you think the bosses would be pleased
with all the dollars i had saved
their coffers fuller i had made

they promised me a pension pay
that i'd receive on retirement day
but twist of fate and ugly luck
Mr Brown said go get friend#@{&}]

I ran the calculator / estimator my last month before retiring. It is accurate to the exact dollar. Actually, it's accuracy is good as soon as you have your best 5 of the last 10 years. Once that occurs, the formula is the formula. Trust it.
Thank you!!
I have done all the math and as long as the retirement calculator is close, I will be moving forward with my retirement in 20 month!! :)

How many managers retired because they felt they were being discriminated against due to their age?
I know of 6, 55+ manager level people who received job changes which involved a demotion or a move to a terrible job. Each felt they had no choice but to take the retirement. I think there is a unwritten plan to remove the elderly (over 55) from the workforce.

SignificantOwner

A Package Center Manager
I know of 6, 55+ manager level people who received job changes which involved a demotion or a move to a terrible job. Each felt they had no choice but to take the retirement. I think there is a unwritten plan to remove the elderly (over 55) from the workforce.
Where I'm at staying past 55 isn't a trend. I see people getting out as soon as they're eligible.

beentheredonethat

Here's my opinion. If your choice is to take a demotion or a :censored2:ty job or retire. I'd seriously consider a lawsuit and try to get it to be a class action. First it is unlawful what you describe. Second what do you have to lose? You can always retire and take that money. If ups loses you hit the jackpot and ups changes their ways. Of course I'd make sure my ducks were in a row before doing that.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I personally know of 7 center management-level people who either got fired on trumped up BS charges, went out on "stress leave", or both in the last decade. All 7 of them were within 18 months of reaching 55 years of age and eligibility for paid medical during their retirement. Assuming a $1K per month COBRA for medical between age 55 and Medicaid eligibility at 62, that is a savings of at least $84K for the company. Of course, the fact that every single one of them was within 18 months of eligibility could also just be a coincidence.