Management Threats

Jhansen

The issue goes my center manager issued a 3 Day suspension to me for having late Airs. I have been written up 1 time in the past for having late Airs, but they are giving me over 15 Air stops to deliver within a 40 minute period (it takes 30 minutes to get to my first stop). The stops involve me getting through security and waiting for employees to open up the Docks. I delivered 13 of the 15 on time, and that day they had over 49 late Airs with all other drivers. I have told them before leaving in the past that Im going to have a few late, and all I get is "Well you better hurry up then". I was the only one given a suspension out of EVERYONE. I feel like they needed to blame somebody and that somebody was me.

I filed a grievance against the suspension, and now my center manager is has confronted me in front of my Steward, saying regardless of how the Union rules, I am getting my suspension. I am at the point where I want to file another grievance for him threatening me and using intimidation. I have been at UPS for 9 years and have never filed anything prior to this. With constant threats of sending me back to the Hub (I am a PT Cover Driver) and termination, I need to get them the hell off my back. I am never late, never call out, get 190+ stops a day, help out other drivers when work is done, and even work for them on Saturdays because they ask me to.

Any Advice on how to handle this???

tacken

Follow all there rules. WRIGHT down every time you tell them you will have late air. Who you spoke with and there response.

CHALLY9TX

As long as you're telling them you're gonna have late air and you're not delivering any ground then you need to be filing. Put the responsibility on them to decide what to do with NDAs.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Overpaid Union Thug

The issue goes my center manager issued a 3 Day suspension to me for having late Airs. I have been written up 1 time in the past for having late Airs, but they are giving me over 15 Air stops to deliver within a 40 minute period (it takes 30 minutes to get to my first stop). The stops involve me getting through security and waiting for employees to open up the Docks. I delivered 13 of the 15 on time, and that day they had over 49 late Airs with all other drivers. I have told them before leaving in the past that Im going to have a few late, and all I get is "Well you better hurry up then". I was the only one given a suspension out of EVERYONE. I feel like they needed to blame somebody and that somebody was me.

I filed a grievance against the suspension, and now my center manager is has confronted me in front of my Steward, saying regardless of how the Union rules, I am getting my suspension. I am at the point where I want to file another grievance for him threatening me and using intimidation. I have been at UPS for 9 years and have never filed anything prior to this. With constant threats of sending me back to the Hub (I am a PT Cover Driver) and termination, I need to get them the hell off my back. I am never late, never call out, get 190+ stops a day, help out other drivers when work is done, and even work for them on Saturdays because they ask me to.

Any Advice on how to handle this???
Article 37 for harassment for singling you out and for giving you too much air even after you tell them you can't handle it. And make sure you first grab a steward or anyone else you can use as a witness when you tell them you have too much air. If you get out on the road and realize you have too much, or even have the slightest doubt, send a message with the DIAD and not by phone. If you are already qualified as a TCD then a decent steward would have a field day with the grievances if the center manager moved you back to the hub.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Jhansen

Thanks for the advice. I am awaiting the next steps, but I'm curious if they could really suspend me for 3 days even after the panel decides in my favor? When my steward took my grievance to my Sup to get it signed, I could hear her screaming and cursing that I was going to get the suspension anyway. Now this morning I am pulled into the office, hearing it again from higher management.

UPS WORKHORSE

Also send a message on the Diad before you leave the building, saying that you will "need help with the next days, wont get them done, and Joe supervisor wont give me help." Just another way to help protect yourself. I'm not sure, but I think we can get copies of messages that we send on the Diad. I doubt they will just hand it over to you though.

Jhansen

I've sent messages before on the DIAD and they magically never got them. That has happened more than once when I let them know I needed help to be in by 8pm.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I am not a temp.. I've been cover driving for two and a half years.

Then you should know how things work by now. If you truly have too much air, you need to let them know before you leave the building and remind them again when it gets closer to 1030. You had better make sure that you are not delivering any ground packages while you are running off your air, especially if you are going to have late air.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Also send a message on the Diad before you leave the building, saying that you will "need help with the next days, wont get them done, and Joe supervisor wont give me help." Just another way to help protect yourself. I'm not sure, but I think we can get copies of messages that we send on the Diad. I doubt they will just hand it over to you though.
You cannot tell them before you leave that you won`t get them done. You tell them that with all these airs, you can`t guarantee that they will all be delivered by 10:30.

OPTION3

Thanks for the advice. I am awaiting the next steps, but I'm curious if they could really suspend me for 3 days even after the panel decides in my favor? When my steward took my grievance to my Sup to get it signed, I could hear her screaming and cursing that I was going to get the suspension anyway. Now this morning I am pulled into the office, hearing it again from higher management.
If you filed a grievance and they are talking to you about the grievance without a steward.....They are breaking several laws....take good notes and get with your Business agent immediately

ol'browneye

Well that's the problem. You CAN get copies of messages but they can delete them with the click of a mouse and then claim they never got it. Have a phone? Take a picture of your messages received and sent for your own record.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Well that's the problem. You CAN get copies of messages but they can delete them with the click of a mouse and then claim they never got it. Have a phone? Take a picture of your messages received and sent for your own record.

The picture will only show that you typed the message but cannot prove that you actually sent it.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
We can take pictures of them:asskissf: