Management Threats

Kicked Your Dog

25 Year UPSer/SoCal Feeder
Stand firm, young son. File grievances for harassment every time your center manager gets in your face. He's paid to be professional and should speak to you as a man and not his whipping boy. Also, ods the center with messages saying you will likely have late air, after every air stop completed after 10am. Keep up your courage and continue to put the am over-dispatch in his lap. Hang in there and stick with your steward. Your suspension will never fly, if you're covering your rear end.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Also, ods the center with messages saying you will likely have late air, after every air stop completed after 10am.

Let's say you have 5 stops after 10 am and that it takes 30 seconds to type and send the "I will have late air" ODS. That is 2.5 minutes, which may not sound like much, but could be the difference between the air being late or on time.

Let them know before you leave that you may have late air and then send them one message while on road.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Let's say you have 5 stops after 10 am and that it takes 30 seconds to type and send the "I will have late air" ODS. That is 2.5 minutes, which may not sound like much, but could be the difference between the air being late or on time.

Let them know before you leave that you may have late air and then send them one message while on road.

I usually send them the message after my pretrip, as it is usually when I am finally able to get EDD. Once you try to get it on Orion, you cant do anything else. It has to be released, and until it is, we are sitting there with boards. Many times, I have to wait even after my pretrip is done to leave the building. It is not until then that you know what you have or where you start.

If you like working off the clock, you can go study the computer, but it isnt right until everything is unloaded either.

The fact is: They have the info before us. They get paid to know who needs help, the PC tells them before us. They dont care, just figure we will get it done somehow. And when we dont it is our fault. Which is why I run pure air, screw Orion, when I know it will be tight.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
I let them know every day that my last air stop is 55 miles away. It wasn't my choice to change my area from noon to 10:30 and start time from 8:20 to 9. Ball in mgmnt court.

O

OLDMAN3

Obviously you should file for harassment and for not using progressive discipline.

overallowed

Follow all there rules. WRIGHT down every time you tell them you will have late air. Who you spoke with and there response.
This is the best advice here for any issue. Get a notebook and write down everything they say to you, who said it, and when they said it. I did this to my driver stupe for about a year when I felt he was making a run at firing me after 27 years of employment. When it came to a head, I called the 800 number on the wall at work, and a couple of weeks later they came and interviewed me. When I got back that evening, I was in a new supervisor group, and the supe in question basically hasn't spoken to me since. I have now worked here over 31 years. Document everything. They do.