Manager harassing new drivers because of OT .

Upass.

What to do when your manager or supervisor keep harassing you because of the extra hours you take the finish deliveries?

SmithBarney

Is the manager saying you are slow? or that you are working too many hours?

If they say you are slow, request a check ride(or better yet, request they demonstrate the route for you, so you can learn)

If you are just working too many hours(too much work), let them know you'll be leaving work behind so you can keep your hours down...(after that fails, they'll go away)

CatMan

Kill them with kindness, how about "you know I'm new and really working hard on my craft ,give me a little time and I'll improve". ..your not kissing ass , your being matter of fact!

CatMan

This goes back to one of my earlier posts, that some , not all managers will lean on you , but you need to be resilient and have thick skin to get thru the early stages of your new job ....the better you get ,the faster you get there , the more you'll have to deal with , so pace yourself and keep cool. ...easier said than done and remember for every courier that make it thru that first year 5 -10 will fail...so how bad do you want it ?

Tuned Out

Actually people hit the right answers.. 1. check ride.. they can not fire you if they did not do THEIR JOB of training and/or verifying your training methods. [so easy in a GFT] 2. be thick skinned.. some managers are really good and others are a.holes. I know 1 senior who would constantly target specific people and his managers had to lean on the ee. 3. use HR.. call and leave messages about being targeted and not being check ridden to be shown help. Most managers are struggling with the new dynamics of FedEx and are trying to survive just like you.. but a.holes will always be an a.hole.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
Kill them with kindness, how about "you know I'm new and really working hard on my craft ,give me a little time and I'll improve". ..your not kissing ass , your being matter of fact!
I think most of us tried this approach.

It doesn't work!!!! To them it shows weakness and just makes them lean on you more. The harassment will not stop until you tell them to friend off.

Try this approach in prison and see where it gets you.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
I think most of us tried this approach.

It doesn't work!!!! To them it shows weakness and just makes them lean on you more. The harassment will not stop until you tell them to friend off.

Try this approach in prison and see where it gets you.
This is not UPS. Telling a manager to friend off might get you fired and there is no union to get your job back. Stop giving bad advice.

MAKAVELI

This is not UPS. Telling a manager to friend off might get you fired and there is no union to get your job back. Stop giving bad advice.
I agree no one should tell their manager friend off directly. But there is a way to do it indirectly as mentioned in other posts. Simply tell them I'm doing my best but need a check ride to verify my methods and onroad goals. That usually gets the a hole managers to back off.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

True. No Weingarten Rights at FedEx or an employment contract. And, yes, I've seen plenty of people fired basically on the spot for going off on a manager. Sure, you can GFT it, but that isn't a legitimate process. You're still going to probably get fired.