Manchin Will Not Eliminate The Filibuster, Major Setback For Liberal Democrats

bbsam

Staff member
Since when is one party rule and power good for anything??

Come to California, I'll show ya. lmao
It’s not. But both parties digging in and doing nothing isn’t optimal either. You can’t tell me that there aren’t a handful on either side that could be persuaded to break with their party on law making if not for heavy handed party control.

vantexan

It’s not. But both parties digging in and doing nothing isn’t optimal either. You can’t tell me that there aren’t a handful on either side that could be persuaded to break with their party on law making if not for heavy handed party control.
There's several Republicans who do. But you're presuming that there's at least 10 who think the Dems spending bill is a good idea. Why not have 10 Dems break away and vote against it?

bbsam

Staff member
There's several Republicans who do. But you're presuming that there's at least 10 who think the Dems spending bill is a good idea. Why not have 10 Dems break away and vote against it?
If they go back to enforcing the the filibuster rules as written, you’ll see more legislation passed because senators aren’t going to want to waste their time following those rules. Strange how easy that is to believe!

It will be fine

With whom? Hardcore liberals?

65A85877-6A62-44C7-AA3D-6076D3A2C299.jpeg

I don’t think 41% of Republicans would be classified as hardcore liberals. Leave the bubble.

vantexan

If they go back to enforcing the the filibuster rules as written, you’ll see more legislation passed because senators aren’t going to want to waste their time following those rules. Strange how easy that is to believe!
They changed the rules 35 years ago. Seems to be holding up.

vantexan

View attachment 333906

I don’t think 41% of Republicans would be classified as hardcore liberals. Leave the bubble.
You're talking Covid relief checks. Not the same as this current spending bill and I think most mature adults would recognize the government is playing with fire printing this much money. But hardcore libs want the system to crash and burn. Think they can replace it if it does.

tonyexpress

Whac-A-Troll Patrol
Staff member
Yes, and a possible thanks to Joe Manchin for not letting the radical left get away with everything.

The great back-lash on the woke cancel culture craziness will flip when normalcy and logic resume.

bbsam

Staff member
They changed the rules 35 years ago. Seems to be holding up.
They didn’t really. They changed how they agreed to interpret the rules. The agreed that they wouldn’t force each other to stand up and “debate”. They agreed to let each other off easy. And why? Maybe so a lot of them would never have to take a difficult vote.

Box Ox

The Covid relief plan is wildly popular.
With whom? Hardcore liberals?

View attachment 333906

You're talking Covid relief checks.
Yes...........

bbsam

Staff member
Yes, and a possible thanks to Joe Manchin for not letting the radical left get away with everything.

The great back-lash on the woke cancel culture craziness will flip when normalcy and logic resume.
You act like the “radical left” is more spend crazy and debt foolish than the “radical right”. Most people simply have no idea what trillions means. Nor do they care.

Box Ox

You act like the “radical left” is more spend crazy and debt foolish than the “radical right”. Most people simply have no idea what trillions means. Nor do they care.
I'm kinda glad Manchin will be there to stomp the brakes on even more big spending after a couple more trillion dollars have been tacked onto the national debt via reconciliation for the "infrastructure" bill.

tonyexpress

Whac-A-Troll Patrol
Staff member
Yeah, especially the politicians, they don't care at all. lol

By the way, it is the RL in power now and both RL&R are not good for the country.

Also, your perceiving me acting is so cute... :rolleyes: :wink-very:

vantexan

They didn’t really. They changed how they agreed to interpret the rules. The agreed that they wouldn’t force each other to stand up and “debate”. They agreed to let each other off easy. And why? Maybe so a lot of them would never have to take a difficult vote.
They used to go on as long as they could. Now senators are limited to one hour and they can yield their time to others. A major change.

bbsam

Staff member
I'm kinda glad Manchin will be there to stomp the brakes on even more big spending after a couple more trillion dollars have been tacked onto the national debt via reconciliation for the "infrastructure" bill.
He won’t. Democrats will sweeten the the deal to West Virginia and Manchin will quite frankly be bought off.
Everything is a negotiation.

bbsam

Staff member
Yeah, especially the politicians, they don't care at all. lol

By the way, it is the RL in power now and both RL&R are not good for the country.

Also, your perceiving me acting is so cute... :rolleyes: :wink-very:
Ok. Your real act is that you’re not part of the radical right. That is cute!! You don’t pull it off, but it’s cute that you try.

bbsam

Staff member
They used to go on as long as they could. Now senators are limited to one hour and they can yield their time to others. A major change.
Again. The rules didn’t change. They’ve just decided they don’t want to be bothered with all the annoying details.