Manifest/Routing change: HD to Ground

floridays

Your ? Was directed to iwbf, I just embellished it a bit
I understand, I was gonna say it wasn't directed to you initially, and the "your" is incorrect on my part since I didn't. Just wear the damn shoes they bought you.:thumbup:*

*I understand they don't provide footwear.

Oldfart

Good god. Am I the only one reading this thinking to myself, “Christ, I load and sort 120 stops a day in my truck and am somehow able to do it without a goddamned preprinted set of instructions!”

Sweet baby Jesus. Smh
You are a top notch employee.

floridays

Some days it seems like it. I show them how to do the job and let them figure it out from there. I'll give them a few different methods and they can use what works for them. I can run all my routes in 8 hrs or under and I pay the same if it takes them 11. The only thing I won't allow is someone trying to punch everything in their phone during the day, way too slow.
Sweet girl, Why are you so mean elsewhere?*

*Enjoy Beef, The Meat producers of Nebraska

Code 82 Approved

Titanium Plus+ Level Member with benefits!
They used to make 2 types of people, men and women. Those 2 types of people created maps. They are helpful tools. If the people hired can not read them, they don't belong in a delivery truck.

Both types of people have this thing inside their skulls called brains. If they have inability to use them with the aforementioned maps, they don't belong in a delivery truck.

But only experience would allow me to go into maybe 50 trucks in 2 terminals and load packages in a sequence that would still be more efficient than anything fdx ever did for us.

dvalleyjim

but seriously, The maps and turn by turns are a crutch. I just can the package, throw it in the van and go deliver it. I hate touching packages more than once. Now at least I won't have to scan it in or load it. Great!