Temp drivers being hired for Ground...

ImWaitingForTheDay

Annoy a conservative....Think for yourself
wow, i thought upstate NY pay would be more than that...

the hourly temp drivers in my area are at $13-14 per hour

they're just planning ahead again & adding temp drivers for upcoming mothers day. & maybe to replace some drivers that are quitting/ or planning to quit...

i guess the peak drivers from this past Xmas had moved on to better things
---------------------------------------------
now, will Express get supplemental drivers for that holiday?

or will they force them to work Saturday & Sunday for just that holiday this year?!?
More like getting rid of the higher salary guys,15 per hour..hope this contractor gets his...

CJinx

To each his own, I guess. I wouldn't throw on a uniform and go bust ass on the road for $11/hour. I get paid significantly more where I am right now. I suppose your choices are limited with a limited skillset.

P

prodriver

He'll end up paying in the long run, the qualifications are a year of commercial driving experience so most people wouldn't even consider this guy.

DontThrowPackages

To each his own, I guess. I wouldn't throw on a uniform and go bust ass on the road for $11/hour. I get paid significantly more where I am right now. I suppose your choices are limited with a limited skillset.
This is an elitist's polite way of saying you're too stupid to do any better.

CJinx

If you're surfing Craigslist and responding to ads promising $11/hour for manual labor, that's probably not too far off the mark. You can vilify the employer all you want but the employee is the one that either can't or won't excel.

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
Man, if anyone ever starts feeling a little too good about themself, all they need do is to log on here for a moment and get put right back in their place!

HomeDelivery

More like getting rid of the higher salary guys,15 per hour..hope this contractor gets his...

omg, i just saw this happen this past sat...

a driver has to take a pay cut or start looking elsewhere... ugh

at-will state & IC

higher expenses doesn't mean you're supposed to cut someone's pay... but this penny-pinching contractor just looks at his bottom line

gah, disgusting

MaineGroundDriver

I'm making roughly $17/hr .. granted, that involves a lot of hump busting work to get my work done "on time" and I get no benefits other than about 2 weeks paid time off .. not as good as many jobs, but better than many around my area .. not sure how contractors find drivers in areas with better paying jobs ....

HomeDelivery

i'm about the same league as you now, maybe more due to my stops-per-hour on the road...

but less stress as the stops are lined-up for me & no pickup commits or making it to businesses by closing time

slight offtopic, i guess you can't say anything about the maine lawsuit on another thread i created? (gag order?)