March 19, 1998

brownIEman

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
I remember that story out of Tucson. I remember seeing the pictures that got emailed around. They did a great job - even used an actual package car ID number of a P10 out of the Tucson building. How they got caught? From what I remember they misspelled synchronizing.

They did a great job of screwing it up. Aside from misspelling "synchronizing", they also hired the wrong artist to make the license plate. It would have been spot on if they could have kept the lettering straight as well. HAHA!!! $1.5 million and they bought a bargain basement Banksy!

889559634-upsside.jpg

ScreenHunter_121 Nov. 05 01.38.jpg

ScreenHunter_122 Nov. 05 01.43.jpg

ScreenHunter_123 Nov. 05 01.44.jpg

brownIEman

They did a great job of screwing it up. Aside from misspelling "synchronizing", they also hired the wrong artist to make the license plate. It would have been spot on if they could have kept the lettering straight as well. HAHA!!! $1.5 million and they bought a bargain basement Banksy!

On close inspection it doesn't pass muster, but from 100 yards away if you don't have the practiced eye of a driver? That license plate is pretty sad though.

No way of telling how many if any successful runs this thing had before an astute DPS officer pulled it over.

Maybe when it was finished as evidence UPS bought it at auction for road tests... :teethy:

Apparently the cartels learned their lesson and just started paying off drivers to get the real thing...

Catatonic

Nine Lives

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
On March 19th 1998, a UPS driver delivered a box to a young man who opened the pkg and it exploded. Yes , the young man had angered some long distance truckers with false promises who sought revenge. I'm curious to hear from drivers or long time upsers on what was said during this time? How is UPS protecting us from another attack like this?
Drugs are bad.

watdaflock?

The kid was trying to make money, he wasn't a rich ups driver like you..
I'm not a UPS driver and the kid was a criminal. Maybe if the kid would have gotten a job at UPS, instead of running an online hustle, he would not have been blown up.

Hope this helps.

He was also a serial shoplifter (along with his mother) and ripped off people by sending them merchandise they didn't order. Not saying he deserved what he got, but he wasn't just a "kid trying to make money".
^this.

A

Article 3

I was just curious what was said during the PCMS during this time, looks like no one knows..I'm not spooked, I have been trained to expect the unexpected, I was just curious about what happened before drivers were trained to " expect the unexpected" lol
Did it blow up his mom too? I remember hearing it on a fm station out of Indiana.

I asked our dm about that and he said there were a couple more detonated besides that one.

A

Article 3

I agree, just using that as an example to show that UPS doesn't hush up everything as mech lift was suggesting. The reason that the bomb package isn't talked about constantly is that doing so wouldn't change or help anything.
They don't talk about bombs. They don't talk about terrorism. The don't talk about "what ifs" in conjunction with these issues much.

A

Article 3