March Raises

SmithBarney

I got mine.. it was in last weeks check

no wait, it would probably help if you took notice in the fall. There was a memo and talking points your manager should have brought up. raises have been moved to the fall to "align all opcos on the same schedule", but taking the hit right before peak won't be as noticeable to stockholders who typically react each spring. Of course moving it to the fall most will forget how successful of a PEAK we had, and despite weather, peak from a profit standpoint(not service) was outstanding. they are hoping we'll forget about peak, and will probably say something like this
"We are only getting x% this year because of last years performance in this volatile economy, and if we do better this peak(motivational speach) we can ensure our raise for next fall"
Of course they take us for a bunch of morons, which frankly I'm starting to believe. people should be pissed off about the lackluster wage movement, yet they/we just keep taking it in the shorts.

Myort

I look for raises to be in March again in the future. Likely March of 2016 after not getting raises in October of 2015. They will have accomplished their goal of not giving raises for an entire year but having 2 delays spread over several years they can say we always got raises.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I look for raises to be in March again in the future. Likely March of 2016 after not getting raises in October of 2015. They will have accomplished their goal of not giving raises for an entire year but having 2 delays spread over several years they can say we always got raises.

No raises. What you're saying sounds about right, which is that they are screwing us again.

DontThrowPackages

If the bragging of giving out raises hasn't started by now that means you can for get about getting one. Maybe when October rolls around again....maybe then.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
If and when's there's a raise, Fred will just increase the cost of insurance or take away a benefit accordingly.

Serf

Rumor mill at the ramp: Ramp transport drivers are saying in the immediate future employees will not be paid for any sick time remaining/not spent in the fiscal year. Any truth to this or not surprising at all?

dezguy

Rumor mill at the ramp: Ramp transport drivers are saying in the immediate future employees will not be paid for any sick time remaining/not spent in the fiscal year. Any truth to this or not surprising at all?

The my first 5 years at Express I had perfect attendance and didn't get anything. Wasn't up until a year or two ago that they started giving money for perfect attendance, $100. Me calling in sick one day is worth more than that.

We've never been paid out for unused sick days so we use them all.

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
I've long maintained that this would likely be the next take-away.

However, that having been said, please be aware that one of the duties of an RTD is to create and disseminate rumors (the wilder the better). It's in our job description.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I've long maintained that this would likely be the next take-away.

However, that having been said, please be aware that one of the duties of an RTD is to create and disseminate rumors (the wilder the better). It's in our job description.

While true about the RTD Rumor Mlll, I can see them taking it away.

El Morado Diablo

On paper it looks like a wash if they stop paying unused sick days because people would just use up all their sick time (and then some). In the long run it would cost the company more money in OT and poor service levels. As appealing as another takeway sounds to them I don't think it would be worth it in the long run.

vantexan

On paper it looks like a wash if they stop paying unused sick days because people would just use up all their sick time (and then some). In the long run it would cost the company more money in OT and poor service levels. As appealing as another takeway sounds to them I don't think it would be worth it in the long run.
Or it may be that they'll start requiring a doctor's note for every sick day. And as going to the doctor is now more expensive for employees most will only take off if they absolutely have to.

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.
When was the last time you called a Dr.'s office in the morning for an appt, and they said come on in today?