Masks and gloves - Is your hub providing?

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
It's amazing that when the gravitational pull is diminished or removed how far people float.

This pandemic will be the test that'll shows the world what the company thinks about the lives of their own employees who are forced to handle up to 1200 pkgs inside the buildings that came from NY, Detroit, La, Cleveland, and surrounding areas that are hot spots.

No sanitizers? Please dont support the company in their gross neglect.
SMH

Thumper

So i guess now were not going to make 10:30 air commits. supposedly tomorrow we start relaxed commit, so noon. I don't understand why this is even a option. People are home and likely waiting on these, and now we during a normal work weather situation, are going to not make these paid commits. I am also an Eam driver working in same situation with every employee at UPS trying not to get exposed to covid 19. But now you want to take what little hours i do get and make them less, I work 6 days a week trying to make a living, and UPS wants me to work 6 days (18 hrs total). If i get the covid i get paid (15hrs) and stay home. Again insiders get 3.5 hrs., FT.. get 8 hrs at least. You barely have any PPE, that not shared with the building(friend.T. Drivers provided...literally don't see it till time or after they arrive even out.), we take and try to use whatever homemade we can. Those who can and will work, get the short end of the stick. Instead of utilizing us for things, including extra cleaning help. Yet other can work 8 plus o.t. lolly gagging in building or even going home early instead working to finish the porter job. I'm glad when you need me to work, it's great, but when we need to work, it's who cares. Love my job, hate the B.S. always get . I do anything in the building, on the belt, or out of the building i am asked without question.

Observer

Yesterday, the company "provided" two people at the picnic table. This the area prior to going through security at the guard shack. They were making masks out of UPS t-shirts (probably from the recognition room that's no longer in use). They asked if you wanted to make a mask for yourself. DYI class. So from going from "we will be providing masks and gloves" on Friday to "Do you want to make your own". Shouldn't the stewards be stepping up and getting involved in this debacle? We NEED to remember this for the next contract. Cannot find any FT supervisors in the hub. They must be "sheltering in place" in the office. Nice way to treat your employees.

UPSER1987

Yesterday, the company "provided" two people at the picnic table. This the area prior to going through security at the guard shack. They were making masks out of UPS t-shirts (probably from the recognition room that's no longer in use). They asked if you wanted to make a mask for yourself. DYI class. So from going from "we will be providing masks and gloves" on Friday to "Do you want to make your own". Shouldn't the stewards be stepping up and getting involved in this debacle? We NEED to remember this for the next contract. Cannot find any FT supervisors in the hub. They must be "sheltering in place" in the office. Nice way to treat your employees.

Ummmm...what do you expect the stewards to do? Do you think they have any clout regarding this...or anything?

Worry about taking care of yourself and quit waiting and whining for someone else to do it for you.

By the next contract, all will be forgotten...y’all to lazy to vote anyway.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
It's amazing that when the gravitational pull is diminished or removed how far people float.

This pandemic will be the test that'll shows the world what the company thinks about the lives of their own employees who are forced to handle up to 1200 pkgs inside the buildings that came from NY, Detroit, La, Cleveland, and surrounding areas that are hot spots.

No sanitizers? Please dont support the company in their gross neglect.
SMH

Some have know this a long time

Over70irregs

Ummmm...what do you expect the stewards to do? Do you think they have any clout regarding this...or anything?

Worry about taking care of yourself and quit waiting and whining for someone else to do it for you.

Ohhh weee

Boywondr

The truth never changes.

Pretty ignorant post tie guy.

We all have "clout"....except maybe you. I dont need a steward.

Google the OSHA office in your area, the health dept having jurisdiction over your facility, and the local newspaper and TV station and talk to them if the company doesnt clean your work area and provide the mandated resources listed on upsers.com and the CDC list if it has a better mandate after you file Art 18.

You and your family (including grandparents and children) only have one chance to do this right.
Failure to address is failure for those around you and yourself.

Speak up for the cowards you work with. You arent a coward are you?

Thumper

Well i guess now it's Friday 4/10/20 n Saturday only for moment relaxed times. Supposedly Easter? Why i mo idea. But the emails change daily that we get told. Will see i guess.

Benefits

To the posters in this thread who have posted good information, from what they have seen on upsers.com, or in the news, or about how you know of someone in ICU. Those who have also offered solutions for cleaning etc. I thank you for sharing. I also expect this thread to be taken over shortly by people who will attack you, tell you to be responsible for yourself or into a "you part-timers didn't vote" or even better, turn it into a joke.

These are my beliefs based on my personal experience. I came to UPS for the healthcare benefits. UPS has changed since I started, as has my life. I no longer have minor children who need those benefits.

Today is not a good time to be looking for employment elsewhere. But when this pandemic ends, I will. I know of many people who have lost their jobs, are on furlough currently. Unlike the past, when I recommended UPS to people. I now tell them, no way- do not work for UPS. You will have to start at part-time, wait for those healthcare benefits. Pay huge union initiation dues. Work another job, obviously- to listen to the full-timers, talk about how tough they had it. Back when they didn't have to work super Saturdays! Got turkeys... or had to do one punch a month for health insurance.

Most importantly, in my opinion, when they had a "brotherhood." As I say that, I believe some areas do have that. Not in my center, not here either.

So, in closing. For those who have cared about things, people other than themselves, thank you. Take care of yourselves, this pandemic will end eventually. The good news about it, many do get it, but they don't die from it. Most part-timers, those with few hours are young. Don't have the comorbidities that will kill you. The biggest one is obesity.

1. wear a mask, to decrease the viral load. Even a bandana will help when your sup, talks to you (and spits at the same time)- just lower yours when you have to talk back to them. (jk)
2. Don't touch your face.
3. The good news with short hours, do not eat there, do not use the bathroom.
4. Save your sanitizer for just before you get into your car, then use it. Repeat at your home door!
5. Keep your UPS gear in your car, outside- what you wore, wash immediately, dry extra long.

Know this, this disease and the people who treat it, don't care how much money you make, what your insurance is. In hard hit cities, they also don't care who you are. You die alone, go into a freezer truck, get hauled to some field in NYC today. Even in cities who are not hit, there are no memorials or funerals taking place today.

Its all a matter of perspective, how one chooses to look at it. I'm grateful for the experience. This wasn't a full time job for me, I sure didn't expect some big pension someday. For my district manager, center manager, full-time sup, full time steward, full-time safety committee or porters, not my problem in the long run!

Make those bonuses! Save your hours, cut people and make others work harder, faster. Save on money to clean or cleaning supplies today.

My belief is, UPS will be fine eventually. The teamsters, the full-timers and the retirees will not.

My last advise for the worker bees, stay as far away from the leaders as you can. Obviously filth and germs don't bother them, if it's not a problem for them all day at work, I wouldn't expect it to be any different in their homes or cars. My guess is, their bathrooms, kitchens are filthy too! No soap, paper towels. Gives me the ebbie jibbies! When this is over, and they bring in the cheap ass pizza's or stupid cheap ass cake they pick up as a big reward. Covid-19 is not the only virus or bacteria that can live for a while on cardboard. So does, Cdiff, MRSA, hepatitis, ecoli, to name a few. Not a chance in hell, am I touching, let alone eating, anything that has been around them. :scared: :winkiss:

Sissy Brown Short Shorts

The managers have gloves, sanitizer and masks. We have nothing but filthy bathrooms and sometimes industrial grade paper towels. We’re also not allowed in their offices anymore. They had a new policy of putting the diads and call tags in the trucks and just sending us on our way, that lasted one day. They don’t even have the doors propped open.

542thruNthru

The managers have gloves, sanitizer and masks. We have nothing but filthy bathrooms and sometimes industrial grade paper towels. We’re also not allowed in their offices anymore. They had a new policy of putting the diads and call tags in the trucks and just sending us on our way, that lasted one day. They don’t even have the doors propped open.

How is your local not in that building. Slamming Article 18 and OSHA guideline down their throats.

Your steward needs to pass out grievance forms and have everyone file the same Article 18 grievance and failure to follow OSHA guidelines. Then people need to start calling OSHA.

Managment isn't above hourlies.

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
How is your local not in that building. Slamming Article 18 and OSHA guideline down their throats.

Your steward needs to pass out grievance forms and have everyone file the same Article 18 grievance and failure to follow OSHA guidelines. Then people need to start calling OSHA.

Managment isn't above hourlies.
Our local health department reports directly back to the state governor's office if you make a report against the working conditions that are unlawful The health department will report it to the lieutenant governor's office and action will be taken. FYI

542thruNthru

Our local health department reports directly back to the state governor's office if you make a report against the working conditions that are unlawful The health department will report it to the lieutenant governor's office and action will be taken. FYI

Nice, I recommend his center do that as well.

PPE for management and not hourlies is complete BS and the hammer needs to come down on his center.

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
Nice, I recommend his center do that as well.

PPE for management and not hourlies is complete BS and the hammer needs to come down on his center.
They havent cared here either until this week when the local gave them a choice. Comply or face the consequences.

Look up all the info on upsers.com under the virus and under safety.

The corporate mandates are pretty enlightening and if you print them off, time stamp them, and give them to management be sure to copy them to your local and have them give the company a deadline to comply. I guarantee that things will go the right direction from there.

UPSER1987

To the posters in this thread who have posted good information, from what they have seen on upsers.com, or in the news, or about how you know of someone in ICU. Those who have also offered solutions for cleaning etc. I thank you for sharing. I also expect this thread to be taken over shortly by people who will attack you, tell you to be responsible for yourself or into a "you part-timers didn't vote" or even better, turn it into a joke.

These are my beliefs based on my personal experience. I came to UPS for the healthcare benefits. UPS has changed since I started, as has my life. I no longer have minor children who need those benefits.

Today is not a good time to be looking for employment elsewhere. But when this pandemic ends, I will. I know of many people who have lost their jobs, are on furlough currently. Unlike the past, when I recommended UPS to people. I now tell them, no way- do not work for UPS. You will have to start at part-time, wait for those healthcare benefits. Pay huge union initiation dues. Work another job, obviously- to listen to the full-timers, talk about how tough they had it. Back when they didn't have to work super Saturdays! Got turkeys... or had to do one punch a month for health insurance.

Most importantly, in my opinion, when they had a "brotherhood." As I say that, I believe some areas do have that. Not in my center, not here either.

So, in closing. For those who have cared about things, people other than themselves, thank you. Take care of yourselves, this pandemic will end eventually. The good news about it, many do get it, but they don't die from it. Most part-timers, those with few hours are young. Don't have the comorbidities that will kill you. The biggest one is obesity.

1. wear a mask, to decrease the viral load. Even a bandana will help when your sup, talks to you (and spits at the same time)- just lower yours when you have to talk back to them. (jk)
2. Don't touch your face.
3. The good news with short hours, do not eat there, do not use the bathroom.
4. Save your sanitizer for just before you get into your car, then use it. Repeat at your home door!
5. Keep your UPS gear in your car, outside- what you wore, wash immediately, dry extra long.

Know this, this disease and the people who treat it, don't care how much money you make, what your insurance is. In hard hit cities, they also don't care who you are. You die alone, go into a freezer truck, get hauled to some field in NYC today. Even in cities who are not hit, there are no memorials or funerals taking place today.

Its all a matter of perspective, how one chooses to look at it. I'm grateful for the experience. This wasn't a full time job for me, I sure didn't expect some big pension someday. For my district manager, center manager, full-time sup, full time steward, full-time safety committee or porters, not my problem in the long run!

Make those bonuses! Save your hours, cut people and make others work harder, faster. Save on money to clean or cleaning supplies today.

My belief is, UPS will be fine eventually. The teamsters, the full-timers and the retirees will not.

My last advise for the worker bees, stay as far away from the leaders as you can. Obviously filth and germs don't bother them, if it's not a problem for them all day at work, I wouldn't expect it to be any different in their homes or cars. My guess is, their bathrooms, kitchens are filthy too! No soap, paper towels. Gives me the ebbie jibbies! When this is over, and they bring in the cheap ass pizza's or stupid cheap ass cake they pick up as a big reward. Covid-19 is not the only virus or bacteria that can live for a while on cardboard. So does, Cdiff, MRSA, hepatitis, ecoli, to name a few. Not a chance in hell, am I touching, let alone eating, anything that has been around them. :scared: :winkiss:

Sounds like you’ve described any organization in corporate America. If you found another job at a moms and pops, more power to you.
I discriminate when recommending UPS as a workplace. If you you have any drive or ambition and want to move up in the company based on your merits, I tell people to look elsewhere. If you are a sheeple and find comfort in the mediocrity of others, UPS is always hiring. There’s a lot of people that will be looking for jobs.
Don’t let the door hit ya where the Good Lord split ya.

Last edited:

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Sounds like you’ve described any organization in corporate America. If you found another job at a moms and pops, more power to you.
I discriminate when recommending UPS as a workplace. If you you have any drive or ambition and want to move up in the company based on your merits, I tell people to look elsewhere. If you are a sheeple and find comfort in the mediocrity of others, UPS is always hiring.
Don’t let the door hit ya where the Good Lord split ya.

Yet you’re still here...

Yolo

I have a bandana I'll pull over my face if I'm in a retirement home or something. I ain't wearing it all day.