Masks and gloves - Is your hub providing?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Dave....

As usual, you are out of touch with the real world.

You worked in a small building.

Things are done differently in the big city.

And we have (actual) Teamsters that aren't afraid of management.

-Bug-

Teamsters-----ARROGANCE!!!!

It doesn't matter whether you work in a small, medium or large center. The receiver at a commercial stop most certainly has the right to set conditions, within reason, that each vendor must comply with in order to deliver to that stop and if any vendor feels that they are "too important" to comply they can be denied access until they do choose to comply.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
You may want to leave the Ivory Tower and mingle with the masses every once in a while.

The receiver can most certainly dictate the terms under which the vendor may enter their premises. We are basically vendors at most big box stores and must work as directed while on their property.

My first stop of the day (other than NDA) was Walmart. If Walmart were to mandate that all vendors wear face masks and I refused to comply they would be well within their rights to tell me to either comply or to pull off of their loading dock until I did comply.

Wrong again

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I am glad that I never aspired to a leadership role within the union. Getting paid to lie with a smug look on my face is not something that I would have wanted to do on a daily basis.

Back to the point------if Walmart tells me that I have to adhere to their posted "rules" while on their property then I have to comply. We are "guests" while on their property and as such are expected to comply with their directives, within reason.

It is not unreasonable to wear a face mask during a pandemic.

Did you really think....

UPS just gave it's employees the pay, healthcare, and pension out of the goodness

of their heart ? Just look what they have done to non-union employees.

You're probably glad (now) you were turned down for management.

UPS isn’t the only company to offer, pay, healthcare, and a pension. Many companies do, and they’re not union. The Union doesn’t get such big raises that, UPS wouldn’t give without a union.

scumbag

i'm a part time hub worker in socal, they've had "sanitation stations" with hand sanitizer, plastic gloves and a diluted bleach solution to wipe any personal belongings, saw my steward recently get on management for one of them having empty sanitizer bottles. masks and hand sanitizer available daily at the supervisors desk. our local also gave us masks like the one 542 posted a pic of about two weeks ago. i've also seen drivers with ups branded ones starting this week lol gotta be in browns only!

they've also stopped doubling up trailers, which has been great for me since i lost my other job. been getting 5 hours a day pretty consistently

Poop Head

Judge me.

It doesn't matter whether you work in a small, medium or large center. The receiver at a commercial stop most certainly has the right to set conditions, within reason, that each vendor must comply with in order to deliver to that stop and if any vendor feels that they are "too important" to comply they can be denied access until they do choose to comply.
I bet you wish you were still working so you could volunteer to deliver all the stops that wanna do a rectal temp check before allowing you on property

Eat Sleep Fish

Jig Master
I am glad that I never aspired to a leadership role within the union. Getting paid to lie with a smug look on my face is not something that I would have wanted to do on a daily basis.

Back to the point------if Walmart tells me that I have to adhere to their posted "rules" while on their property then I have to comply. We are "guests" while on their property and as such are expected to comply with their directives, within reason.

It is not unreasonable to wear a face mask during a pandemic.
I won't wear a mask but will gladly take my $32+ an hour. Funny how Friday's the freaks come ouy. Put your money where your mouth is people and take off all week! Sheeps! The lot of them!

542thruNthru

Yes they can set conditions. Though if it's against the "vendor's" policy they are free to find a different vendor.

I delivered a few different Walmart. Left info notices a few times. They also like to try and dictate how I unloaded their packages on a pallet that they expected me to go find.

Never did it.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Yes they can set conditions. Though if it's against the "vendor's" policy they are free to find a different vendor.

I delivered a few different Walmart. Left info notices a few times. They also like to try and dictate how I unloaded their packages on a pallet that they expected me to go find.

Never did it.

I was never asked to go find a pallet; however, if they did not have one in place when I got there, I would go grab one that was leaning against a wall and get started unloading.