Masks required

deeztier

TLDR summary: CDC does a 180 on mask recommedations. I accept that, but still have my objections. Anyone else who doesn't feel masks for the general population are warranted care to weigh in?

Full story -

I have been painfully clear about my feelings about the general population wearing masks. Now the CDC is flip-flopping on its position, based on the understanding that people who are asymptomatic or presymptomatic can be/are contagious.

I deliver to medical facilities that are starting to require masks to enter. And even local stores are starting to require masks. Apparently masks are now no longer in short supply. I still have my same objections to wearing masks, but I am trying to reconcile those with these new requirements in my community. And we aren't having nearly the issues that other states are.

In general, the CDC is only recommending face coverings of any sort. I have some suspicions that this is partly to placate the masses, since it has been known for some time that people without symptoms can still spread the virus. And I am also concerned that the recommendation will become requirement, even in places where it is unwarranted, based solely on "it's better than nothing" as far as I can tell.

In general I am not concerned about contracting the virus myself, though I don't particularly want to be spreading it to others, and I don't want to be seen as intentionally putting others at risk by not wearing a mask. It is the fact that it is almost entirely about appearances that bothers me most. The fact that enough people demanding something can have that sort of impact on my liberty to make choices for myself that really rankles my sensibilities.

In the case of medical facilities, what bothers me is the waste and the haphazard way the masks are stored and distributed. A guy wearing gloves just picked one up and handed me a mask telling me it was required to wear one. The masks themselves were just sitting out in the open. I have no clue where that guy was putting his gloved hand, and who knows what particles could have landed on the masks? Those things don't particularly bother me, because I'm not a germophobe, it's the hypocrisy, the double standard by which they operate in making and carrying out these decisions.

At this point I am ready to throw in the towel (or put it over my face and nose), to give up, to love Big Brother, just because I am fed up with trying to fight the oncoming tide of lunacy. Anyone else having issues with this?

lol this exact thought set me off yesterday. can't even hydrate without making it a whole ass thing.

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
You ded. Dibs on your boat!
DD78CA97-C119-4C43-876B-1D305AB31F28.jpeg

damn , I just bought the thing too

If you treat your mask like it is your face (don't touch until you wash your hands) then your one a day will work. What you should be worried about is the flimsy looseness of the provided disposable napkins. You make good money, spring for a couple good ones.

I used a mask from a cabinet and an hour later discovered mouse dropping in said cabinet, now I'm exposed to Hantavirus while trying to avoid Coronavirus so when I get sick I wont even know which one it is. Both have the same pattern of ailments so it won't matter which, both end in ventilators or drowning in lung juice.

Still going in and giving my all, Go Big Brown! I'm getting paid and I need to eat!

Can't wait til my self procured masks arrive from China... it's been 3 weeks so any-day-now!

Last edited: