Mass exodus of RTDs

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
I'm my own boss and work my own hours. I still have concern for my friends who are unfortunate to still work at Fred's Salt Mine and I encourage them to leave.

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL!!!!

"MrFedEx is posting at Brown Cafe. I reckon I'll quit my job!"

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
You spent a whole year blowing smoke defending this indefensible company while you supposedly had a different job. If you put the same dedication into that other job, maybe they would've kept you. Then again, maybe "that other job" was just a red herring all along.

I said good things about the stuff that warranted good things and bad things about the stuff that warranted bad things. Crazy concept, I know.

fedx

Extra Large Package
Good point on the 2 year Medical. Nobody wants you with a restricted card. In other words, get healthy, lose some weight, and get the BP down so you can LEAVE.

So will UPS not hire someone if they have an annual medical card? Does UPS only hire feeder drivers who can get 2 year medical cards?

Serf

DOT, ELD, cameras everywhere, never-ending roadwork, detours, morons in cars constantly cutting in front of and brake-checking you
Wholeheartedly agree. Too many a holes flying around, distracted. Especially in the Northeast.

Csdsm18

Anybody on here a fedex ground cdl driver? What's your experience with your contractor, are you comp well enough to stay with them?

floridays

Trucking sucks - period. Used to be a great blue collar way to make a living for those who enjoyed running up an down the open highways and bi-ways, but these days everyone is constantly up your ass, they just don’t want to pay diddly squat for the privilege.

DOT, ELD, cameras everywhere, never-ending roadwork, detours, morons in cars constantly cutting in front of and brake-checking you (and God forbid you rear-end one of these Einsteins cuz of course it’s automatically entirely YOUR fault).

Not recommended unless you enjoy being perpetually frustrated and pissed off.

Otherwise, it’s really a great job.
I thought I liked you before, I know I love you now.

It will be fine

Anybody on here a fedex ground cdl driver? What's your experience with your contractor, are you comp well enough to stay with them?
Ground linehaul will be almost all night work unless you’re doing a team run across the country. There is very little day work and it’s hard to come by.

fedx

Extra Large Package
if you have a pulse, can pass a road test, pass a background and live near a suburban/urban area, we will hire you 100% right now

They'll hire you because there's a driver shortage because the job SUCKS for most. Many drivers are gone from home 5 days a week. Plus you have the DOT just itching to harass trucks for money. A shakedown really. Like someone above said, if you like being constantly harassed from all the requirements to drive a truck, then this job is for you. Or you can go to Express and drive a truck and make way below the industry pay for drivers. Sure, you'll be home every night, but you'll be making $15K less/yr than other truck drivers after 3 years experience. As others have said, drive a semi for Express and after a year of experience, work elsewhere.

fedx

Extra Large Package
Depends on the area, I was talking with a UPS feeder driver and he told me that in Washington state they are hiring Feeder drivers off the street, but in other parts of the country there is a waiting list.

If you have a class A and a 2 year medical along with some experience and a clean driving record...walking is your best option.

So does UPS require drivers to have a 2 yr medical? If so, then they are being too picky. Many drivers have 1 yr medical cards because the standards are so high.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
They'll hire you because there's a driver shortage because the job SUCKS for most. Many drivers are gone from home 5 days a week. Plus you have the DOT just itching to harass trucks for money. A shakedown really. Like someone above said, if you like being constantly harassed from all the requirements to drive a truck, then this job is for you. Or you can go to Express and drive a truck and make way below the industry pay for drivers. Sure, you'll be home every night, but you'll be making $15K less/yr than other truck drivers after 3 years experience. As others have said, drive a semi for Express and after a year of experience, work elsewhere.
He works for UPS.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

I had over 25 years of accident free RTD driving, and was invited to try out for the job. I declined, because I make well over 140k and no longer want to work 6-7 days per week, have massive OT, or get up at midnight to haul an oversize DOD load.

On the sale of 1 $2m home last year I netted 57k. That's a 3% commission minus the staging and drone photography that I provided to my seller.

The one thing I don't have like my $41 per hour friend is superior medical and dental. I get decent coverage through my wife's job.

Real estate is also risky, inconsistent, and requires a lot of weekend and evening work.

Hate me all you want, but I could still drive circles around you in a truck.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
I had over 25 years of accident free RTD driving, and was invited to try out for the job. I declined, because I make well over 140k and no longer want to work 6-7 days per week, have massive OT, or get up at midnight to haul an oversize DOD load.

On the sale of 1 $2m home last year I netted 57k. That's a 3% commission minus the staging and drone photography that I provided to my seller.

The one thing I don't have like my $41 per hour friend is superior medical and dental. I get decent coverage through my wife's job.

Real estate is also risky, inconsistent, and requires a lot of weekend and evening work.

Hate me all you want, but I could still drive circles around you in a truck.
Sounds like an early stage mini-me Trump in the making.