Mass exodus of RTDs

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Oh of course not. I was hired off the street to do the job you did up until retirement. Enjoyed the work and had fun. Wanted more out of a career. Moved on from that position into others. There's a big ol' Express world that extends far beyond what you can see at your station and from behind your steering wheel. Some people want to branch out into that. Others don't. Some, like you, can't.
Or just don't feel like moving to Memphis for meaningless positions where you plot random numbers onto meaningless graphs and reports that no one really cares to read. Wow!

Crapping on an idea is appropriate when it's a crappy idea, film at 11.
In your opinion any idea that isn't yours is a crappy idea. That's how you are trained. Like a puppet.

MAKAVELI

It would destroy Express’s margins and enhance freight, unlikely businesses are way to different.
Different but similar. Like the difference between Ground and Express. The top brass is :censored2:ting the bed right now and have big changes coming next year for Express.

zeev

In the financial reports it’s called express freight,the revenues are noted separately but not the expenses it is a huge profit driver. Check what a 10,000 lb international shipment costs also 90 % freight is international.

MAKAVELI

In the financial reports it’s called express freight,the revenues are noted separately but not the expenses it is a huge profit driver. Check what a 10,000 lb international shipment costs also 90 % freight is international.
The rumor is domestic F2 and F3.

Serf

Oh of course not. I was hired off the street to do the job you did up until retirement. Enjoyed the work and had fun. Wanted more out of a career. Moved on from that position into others. There's a big ol' Express world that extends far beyond what you can see at your station and from behind your steering wheel. Some people want to branch out into that. Others don't. Some, like you, can't.

Crapping on an idea is appropriate when it's a crappy idea, film at 11.
I mean this in a friendly way. You make a good point. But I would also like to add that Express has some people in management that should not be in charge. It has "engineers" that came from the ramp without legit credentials. It has people in sales that live off of 3 day old turkey club wraps in the break room fridge and do not actually make sales.

It will be fine

So wouldn’t it make sense to pass the delivery off to Freight? Express probably doesn’t have much day work for tractor trailer drivers. I’d guess it would be a healthy cost reduction to not have to keep a tractor driver on to deliver the stuff unless the volume is consistent enough to keep a trailer full daily.

bacha29

So wouldn’t it make sense to pass the delivery off to Freight? Express probably doesn’t have much day work for tractor trailer drivers. I’d guess it would be a healthy cost reduction to not have to keep a tractor driver on to deliver the stuff unless the volume is consistent enough to keep a trailer full daily.
As long as Fat Freddy has Ground he can launch speculative ventures such a this and if it doesn't pay off Ground will still be there to support the EPS requirements. Hopefully those poor ground slugs out there will soon come to the realization that dragging around that stolen LTL freight for fast food wages and zero benefits will never make a life for themselves or have anything to look forward to when the physical beating the job inflicts exacts it inescapable revenge .

Csdsm18

That's pending contractors on those slugs and Penny's and fast food wages. My first week here working days at ground doing drop and hooks I'm making more in my first week then in being with express for 5yrs. Just depends on contractor and type of work you do. Just saying

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
I mean this in a friendly way. You make a good point. But I would also like to add that Express has some people in management that should not be in charge. It has "engineers" that came from the ramp without legit credentials. It has people in sales that live off of 3 day old turkey club wraps in the break room fridge and do not actually make sales.

Some employees aren't as good as others, film at 11.

bacha29

That's pending contractors on those slugs and Penny's and fast food wages. My first week here working days at ground doing drop and hooks I'm making more in my first week then in being with express for 5yrs. Just depends on contractor and type of work you do. Just saying
But don't be surprised if what you're making the first day you're there is what you're making the last day you're there.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Can't speak for anyone else, but I've always appreciated the input from those with other experiences and perspectives.

Some employees aren't as good as others, film at 11.
Wow, that’s really some appreciation of someone else’s input and perspective.

Now Serf was just trying to be nice and respectful and you’re acting like a jerk with your typical snide comment.

Film at 11? How many times do you have to recite that at your corporate meetings? That and endless Lol’s?

bacha29

Wow, that’s really some appreciation of someone else’s input and perspective.

Now Serf was just trying to be nice and respectful and you’re acting like a jerk with your typical snide comment.

Film at 11? How many times do you have to recite that at your corporate meetings? That and endless Lol’s?
What Dano doesn't understand is that it doesn't matter the capacity in which you're working for Fat Freddy you're still working for Fat Freddy and that alone says everything.. So remember you're dealing with a guy who has made way,way too many trips to the Fedex Mind Control and Reeducation Academy. We just dreaded it when our TM had to go because it took us a month of Sunday's to get him back to reality.

Unfortunately, in Dano's case........there's no bringing him back. However, you don't need to feel because you tried. The rest of us gave up a long time ago.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
What Dano doesn't understand is that it doesn't matter the capacity in which you're working for Fat Freddy you're still working for Fat Freddy and that alone says everything.. So remember you're dealing with a guy who has made way,way too many trips to the Fedex Mind Control and Reeducation Academy. We just dreaded it when our TM had to go because it took us a month of Sunday's to get him back to reality.

Unfortunately, in Dano's case........there's no bringing him back. However, you don't need to feel because you tried. The rest of us gave up a long time ago.

Entry level guys who endlessly preach about "reality" don't really have a good grip on it.

Empty Pockets

The rumor is domestic F2 and F3.
A mechanic friend of mine just told me last night that he was hearing that P02 was going to go to freight. Since the FOPRT was closed down, I have been anticipating heavyweights to go to them as well but have not heard anything about that. OLVRT closed its big truck maintenance six months ago and sending all repairs to TAB. Has anyone else heard of any MX being shut down?

fedx

Extra Large Package
A mechanic friend of mine just told me last night that he was hearing that P02 was going to go to freight. Since the FOPRT was closed down, I have been anticipating heavyweights to go to them as well but have not heard anything about that. OLVRT closed its big truck maintenance six months ago and sending all repairs to TAB. Has anyone else heard of any MX being shut down?

IDK. Can you tell us what PO2, FOPRT, OLVRT, TAB, and MX stand for?