Mass exodus of RTDs

floridays

I had over 25 years of accident free RTD driving, and was invited to try out for the job. I declined, because I make well over 140k and no longer want to work 6-7 days per week, have massive OT, or get up at midnight to haul an oversize DOD load.

On the sale of 1 $2m home last year I netted 57k. That's a 3% commission minus the staging and drone photography that I provided to my seller.

The one thing I don't have like my $41 per hour friend is superior medical and dental. I get decent coverage through my wife's job.

Real estate is also risky, inconsistent, and requires a lot of weekend and evening work.

Hate me all you want, but I could still drive circles around you in a truck.
I've never driven a tractor with a trailer attached, I have driven a tractor however; personal gratification, just taking care of my
burden.

If you make that much I would guess you could take care of medical insurance on your first real estate transaction.
Just a thought.

I don't hate you either, we only seem to have different points of view.

I will note, in years past I have agreed with many assessments you have offered about Fedex.

Politically, we are at odds.

Best to you MrFedEx

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Ag
I've never driven a tractor with a trailer attached, I have driven a tractor however; personal gratification, just taking care of my
burden.

If you make that much I would guess you could take care of medical insurance on your first real estate transaction.
Just a thought.

I don't hate you either, we only seem to have different points of view.

I will note, in years past I have agreed with many assessments you have offered about Fedex.

Politically, we are at odds.

Best to you MrFedEx

Agree to disagree. I prefer to use my wife's coverage rather than buy it on the open market. Less expensive, and about the same coverage.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
I'm taking bets on when you'll make sense. So far, the money is on 'never.'
So far everything either sails right over your head or you go right into stupid mode. My bet is you had trouble standing still in front of the mirror to shave the morning you graduated from the 3rd grade.

Assbag.

bacha29

Sage advice. UPS probably won't hire you until you get some experience, nor will any of the other high-paying companies. You can do a year in Camp Fred and get your skills down and a year of experience, and then leave.

The important thing is to leave, because things aren't going to get better.
Looks like the race to the bottom of the cheap rate freight business is expanding into a broader segment of the industry and has kicked into overdrive.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
So far everything either sails right over your head or you go right into stupid mode. My bet is you had trouble standing still in front of the mirror to shave the morning you graduated from the 3rd grade.

Assbag.

I dunno, you take issue with practically every post I make for the simple sake of arguing without making any kind of point and randomly claiming that your gibberish went over my head. Are you so starved for attention that you need it from me, whom you perceive as an intellectual inferior? Did your wife cut you off?

Cactus

I dunno, you take issue with practically every post I make for the simple sake of arguing without making any kind of point and randomly claiming that your gibberish went over my head. Are you so starved for attention that you need it from me, whom you perceive as an intellectual inferior? Did your wife cut you off?
You’re just on here as a corporate shill. Your job is to paint a pretty picture where in reality the corporation is toxic. EVERY time someone points out something bad about FedEx you rush in to smooth things over, muddy the waters and spread your BS hoping the fires will die out. I just point out the obvious, you go into duh-nile as usual. Does your wife have your balls sealed in a mason jar?

59 Dano

You’re just on here as a corporate shill. Your job is to paint a pretty picture where in reality the corporation is toxic. EVERY time someone points out something bad about FedEx you rush in to smooth things over, muddy the waters and spread your BS hoping the fires will die out. I just point out the obvious, you go into duh-nile as usual. Does your wife have your balls sealed in a mason jar?

A couple of problems with your post.

1. I guess you missed all the times I've been critical of the company.
2. When someone posts a criticism that is ignorant or factually wrong, I point it out. If you can't handle that a forum isn't simply an echo chamber where clowns like you seek validation because you feel powerless, that's your problem, not mine or anyone else's.
3. "My husband spends all that time chasing down that Dano guy as I sit here all alone with my needs going unmet."

Cactus

A couple of problems with your post.
Just one problem with your posts and that's YOU.

1. I guess you missed all the times I've been critical of the company.
That must have been once around 2012. Sorry, was on vacation.

2. When someone posts a criticism that is ignorant or factually wrong, I point it out. If you can't handle that a forum isn't simply an echo chamber where clowns like you seek validation because you feel powerless, that's your problem, not mine or anyone else's.
And you jump in and appoint yourself as company spokesperson? Foolish decision. And what kind of "power" do you hold within the company? We wanna know, c'mon don't be shy.

3. "My husband spends all that time chasing down that Dano guy as I sit here all alone with my needs going unmet."
She could care less, we're happy and she thinks you're a big joke too.

59 Dano

And you jump in and appoint yourself as company spokesperson? Foolish decision. And what kind of "power" do you hold within the company? We wanna know, c'mon don't be shy.

Spokesman? Me? LOL!!! No, just a guy providing informed input. Most of it is from experience you've never had and experience you'd never be qualified to have, so I guess that's why it bugs you. Can't speak for anyone else, but I've always appreciated the input from those with other experiences and perspectives. You... don't.

She could care less, we're happy and she thinks you're a big joke too.

"[W]e're happy." You mean she's no more pleasant than you are and that's your idea of happy????

Cactus

Spokesman? Me? LOL!!! No, just a guy providing informed input. Most of it is from experience you've never had and experience you'd never be qualified to have, so I guess that's why it bugs you.
Bugs me? LMAO!! What are you some great military hero? A legend in your own mind? You're right about one thing though, I don't have experience crawling back to FedEx.

Can't speak for anyone else, but I've always appreciated the input from those with other experiences and perspectives. You... don't.
BS. You've crapped on countless courier suggestions and experiences. You don't like the workforce that gets their hands dirty, therefore I don't like you. Get over it.

"[W]e're happy." You mean she's no more pleasant than you are and that's your idea of happy????
From the None Of Your Business Department, damned if we do, damned if we don't.

59 Dano

Bugs me? LMAO!! What are you some great military hero? A legend in your own mind? You're right about one thing though, I don't have experience crawling back to FedEx.

Oh of course not. I was hired off the street to do the job you did up until retirement. Enjoyed the work and had fun. Wanted more out of a career. Moved on from that position into others. There's a big ol' Express world that extends far beyond what you can see at your station and from behind your steering wheel. Some people want to branch out into that. Others don't. Some, like you, can't.

BS. You've crapped on countless courier suggestions and experiences. You don't like the workforce that gets their hands dirty, therefore I don't like you. Get over it.

Crapping on an idea is appropriate when it's a crappy idea, film at 11.