Massive NE Snowstorm

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

You guys will be sent out and then brought back in when the state declares a state of emergency right around lunch time. The company will respond by denying your 8 hour guarantee which you will have to grieve in order to get paid. You will then get hosed on Monday.

Screw that. We had blizzard conditions here in the midwest on Dec 23rd.

I know my roads better than they do sitting in an office. When the conditions got to the point that I felt it would be unsafe to continue, I sent a message that I was heading in.

They like to use the "professional driver" tag against us when they are trying to charge us with avoiding accidents, well then as a "professional driver" I decided to bring it in.

Good luck East Coast brothers and sisters, don't try to to heroes, there is always another day to get them delivered.

My favorite is when someone mentions our hourly wage as if because its good they buy our soul along with it. I tell them for $32 they're not paying me for what I can do but rather for knowing when not to do it.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
Screw that. We had blizzard conditions here in the midwest on Dec 23rd.

I know my roads better than they do sitting in an office. When the conditions got to the point that I felt it would be unsafe to continue, I sent a message that I was heading in.

They like to use the "professional driver" tag against us when they are trying to charge us with avoiding accidents, well then as a "professional driver" I decided to bring it in.

Good luck East Coast brothers and sisters, don't try to to heroes, there is always another day to get them delivered.

In my little corner of the snow-belt, days like tomorrow are easy. They didn't invoke 'emergency conditions' today, so I'll show up at my regular time, go out and find a snowplow to follow for a while, and come back with a crap-load of EC's.

Monday is another day.

iruhnman630

It's unfortunate that they will even try to keep drivers on the road when the authorities are telling the general public to stay off them, but they will.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
I'm in RI. 24-34 inches. We were told regular workday on Friday. All routes are in. Apparently safety is of the utmost concern.......to me. I followed the contract and booked off at least one hour before my shift. Actually 10 hours before.
Ahh you're in RI. My 2nd hometown is delivered out of there.

The Brown Santa

Ping Pong Ball
I'm in RI. 24-34 inches. We were told regular workday on Friday. All routes are in. Apparently safety is of the utmost concern.......to me. I followed the contract and booked off at least one hour before my shift. Actually 10 hours before.

Packages before people. Should be awesome. Just like the floods a few years ago... 500 package cars sitting in traffic for 8 hours, going nowhere.