Massive NE Snowstorm

BrownArmy

Called us in at 2pm...sheeted 150 stops as EC.

They were looking for people to stay and load trailers, since, I'm assuming no night staff. I looked at the guy who asked me to stay like he was daft. Why does UPS insist on taking everything to the bleeding edge? If they'd called us in at 13:00, drivers could have stayed and helped. We were already going to eat thousands of packages...what's a few more?

Made it home at 16:05 (supposed to be off the roads at 16:00 per the Governor) and had to park four blocks away from my house as there is a snow parking ban in effect.

Ready for a snuggly weekend with the wife and cats!

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Our 4-9" has turned in to 8-16".

120 stops, 400 pkgs, no EC's. Was heading back to center when the green light came on----they wanted me to go help another driver who got stuck on a cty street for about an hour. Took 15 stops off of him and was punched out and gone by 1730. Code 05.

Notretiredyet

120 stops, 400 pkgs, no EC's. Was heading back to center when the green light came on----they wanted me to go help another driver who got stuck on a cty street for about an hour. Took 15 stops off of him and was punched out and gone by 1730. Code 05.
Does that include pickups? You gave up your production incentive? I'm shocked.

Last edited:

QKRSTKR

Wow. That's kicking butt.

So it's 215pm
Got all my business done and all my pickups are done

Why am I out here ? Sliding at every stop. Customers looking at me like I'm crazy. Because the governor didn't shut down the highways yet, UPS feels I can still deliver on all the side roads.

They will being in their trucks at the last minute and give a flying frank how their cherished drivers get back to their loved ones.

ATLANTA. YOU'RE SAFETY IDEALS ARE BS !!!!

I hope you observed the ten keys to driving safely on an ice rink.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
There should be two areas of "jackpot" snow depths.
[#2]One being where the backbent warm front sets up and mid-level deformation occurs. This will probably be the east slope of the Berkshires, through the foothills of S NH.
The second [#1]and worst area is most likely Interstate 128/495 in Massachusetts, SW W or NW of Boston.
Easily 20" if not up to 40" for a few spots. In Eastern Mass, there's going to be 40+mph wind if not up to 80mph. This is probably a high-end blizzard, at least low-end (if there is such a thing)

Science in action! Two bands setting up, classic maturing/mature east coast low. Image as of 00:15 I believe. They'll continue to evolve through the morning, pivoting nearly stationary in places.

12.0" here at midnight. Looking for around 22-28".
2013.jpg

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

YAWN!!!!!!

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I love that they put us out in these situations and more often then not the customer response is. Ups is crazy its stupid to have you all out in this.