Massive NE Snowstorm

opie

There will be no Saturday Air. Airports will be closed, so no air. Our sort Friday night is scheduled to operate, not sure if that's going to happen lol.

John19841

If they call us in early, or if we decide to sheet everything as ECD and bring it in, we are still guaranteed our 8 hours pay, correct? There's no act of god clause or anything like they have with the air guarantee? Just making sure, If not I'm booking off. Not going through the hassle for 3 hours pay.

In a side point, 2+ feet of snow, maybe closer to 3. No visibility, everyone's shutting down anyway. Tell me, what is the point of having us out? Clearly with so many businesses closed and the obvious ECD packages there will be, would it not be cheaper to give us the day off rather then paying a bunch of guys to drive around, getting little accomplished?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

If they call you before your shift starts you will get paid only if you choose to use a personal/sick day.

If you come to work and are then sent home you are supposed to get your 8 hour guarantee but they will try to pay you for hours worked.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
There are no flakes on the ground yet, so UPS has the right to try and get off as much work as possible. I expect a message by noon, much like when Hurricane Sandy hit. I expect no pickups because I can not see how you can force part timers into the hub in the weather we will experience later.

Stay safe !!

Big Babooba

UPS Freight has already told their drivers to stay home and be safe tomorrow.

Not here. My route is one of the farthest from the building. It was suggested that I head to the hills first before the bad stuff hits at noon. I punched out around 9 last night. One can only guess what time I'll punch out tonight. Maybe we can start a pool!

SUP

Well, the canadian brokerage centre will be open as always. They never close for weather, literally. 6 days a week, 24 hrs a day. I have driven in blizzards, almost run off the roads etc. The city transportation shuts down, the stores & malls close, the police warn everyone to stay indoors, but good old UPS is still working hard to charge their customers brokerage fees :wink2:

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
One of the few good perks of snow storms is that the roads stay fairly empty. Here we go again... good times. 3 stops/hour
Drove in blizzard conditions the week before Christmas. Called and asked management how long they wanted me to stay out. Was told to keep plugging away and ended up doing about two stops an hour.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Here is the current operating status for the Northeast District operations:
The Twilight Sorts in Chelmsford, Worcester, and Providence are cancelled for Friday, February 8.
The Night Sorts in Chelmsford, Worcester, and Providence are cancelled for Friday, February 8
The Worcester Day sort today will be starting early at 10:30 a.m.
The Chelmsford Day sort for Sunday, February 10 will operate.
All employees who work on Saturday, February 9, 2013, are on call. Please contact your local management team if you have any questions.
All other operations are currently open. Contact your local management team if you have questions about your specific job location.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
So it's 215pm
Got all my business done and all my pickups are done

Why am I out here ? Sliding at every stop. Customers looking at me like I'm crazy. Because the governor didn't shut down the highways yet, UPS feels I can still deliver on all the side roads.

They will being in their trucks at the last minute and give a flying frank how their cherished drivers get back to their loved ones.

ATLANTA. YOU'RE SAFETY IDEALS ARE BS !!!!

over9five

Staff member
Here's the actual Executive Order. It refers to deliveries like fuel and critical stuff. We can't be on the roads after 16:00.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
I got 3hrs in today.
Customer Counter was jammed from noon to 2pm .
Wind was blowing hard off of the ocean , no snow landing just a wet mix , all roads were clear of snow and never saw a plow truck until I got close to home .

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Mayor Mumbles of Boston has declared that if you have an emergency to call 9-11.
I can find the number 9 on my phone , where's # 11 ?