Maternity UPS uniforms

ladybrown

I worked up until 4 weeks before my son was born. I was on preload though, I loaded four cars, not easy but I bet it was alot easier than it would be as a driver. I cant imagine doing what Im doing 8 months pregnant. My friend who is also a driver worked up until the last month also. I dont know how she did it. I for one, cant reach the pedals in a P1000 without the seat ALL the way forward. There is no way I could have scooted that seat all the way forward 8 months along!

rod

Retired 22 years
I tip my hat to all you gals that continue to work after getting pregnant. If your healthy and everthing is going good - why not. I would bet that if you got the word out -that some sewing club or someone handy with a needle & thread would jump at the chance to custom sew you a set of maternity browns. :peaceful:

ladybrown

the only problem is that now after the baby was exposed to that for nine months, everything he does is with a sense of urgency, he can't slow down:happy2: .

Funny that you say that. It seemed like the only time my son was quiet in the womb was when I was at work. Almost like the noise and the movement lulled him to sleep.

WyoBrown

We have had 2 women in our ctr go thru qualification while pregnant! Both qualified, but 1 had to go out on disability soon after reaching seniority. I call that, steely determination.

helenofcalifornia

I worked up to my seventh month with twins loading trailers on the twilight shift. My doctor said the same thing about lifting-since I was used to it-no big deal. When I was five months pregnant, I fell backwards, flat on my back, when I stepped backwards off a flap in one of those "drop frame (?)" trailers. Never told anyone.

I stopped when I started getting nauseous looking at all the belts moving. Yuck.

I think women are a lot tougher than you think. Some women can do it, some can't. It's what they feel they can do without hurting the baby. Just my two cents.

I also think that the women that make the cut at UPS are of a different breed than "normal" women. Most women can't do what we do daily, or even try and attempt it. Again JMHO.

Last edited:

Harry Manback

Robot Extraordinaire
I worked up to my seventh month with twins loading trailers on the twilight shift. My doctor said the same thing about lifting-since I was used to it-no big deal. When I was five months pregnant, I fell backwards, flat on my back, when I stepped backwards off a flap in one of those "drop frame (?)" trailers. Never told anyone.

I stopped when I started getting nauseous looking at all the belts moving. Yuck.

I think women are a lot tougher than you think. Some women can do it, some can't. It's what they feel they can do without hurting the baby. Just my two cents.

I also think that the women that make the cut at UPS are of a different breed than "normal" women. Most women can't do what we do daily, or even try and attempt it. Again JMHO.

I'll second your opinion. And at the expense of thread hi-jacking, I'm curious as to whether or not anyone else has had quality issues with their browns now that they are distributed by a company called Twin Hill. I've gone through 2 replacement sets in the last 3 months. The bottom button on my jacket shirts dissappear in the wash and the pants.... Oh God, 8 pairs, ripped in the rear seam while on road. Hard to "Bend at the knees" when the little voice in your head is praying "Please don't rip, please don't rip!" My last set of browns from Riverside lasted at least a couple years. If they're gonna put 6 year old Indonesian children behind the sewing machine, can't they at least teach them how to use it?

ladybrown

I also think that the women that make the cut at UPS are of a different breed than "normal" women. Most women can't do what we do daily, or even try and attempt it.

Amen to that! I dont think alot of men could do what we do daily!

sixtrips

UPS has been supplying these uniforms for years. Just ask your center manager for the details. They are a special order item but both uniform providers have them in stock.

Sammie

Or you could order one of these...

Nice and roomy!!!
Uniform.jpg

bigbrownhen

Congrats on the little one on the way, is it your first? I worked up to the end of my 8th month with my youngest, then took short term disability. It bites the budget, but she was worth it. I felt great the entire time, had to be careful, really easy to tweak your back in the first trimester. It made me a better driver as far as watching how I lifted,lowered pkgs and exited the truck. If you have a good relationship with your customers, you will get help when needed. I loved my maternity pants, very comfy, hated to give them back, no pockets though. The shirts were just big, and leave untucked, not very neat, but functional.

deepsouthmamaw

Yes they do. When I was pregnant they didn"t that was years ago. Made it to 7 mths first time and 6 mths the second they are both in college now and doing great. Ups has great maternity leave. Had to have c-sect
was back to work in 7 weeks.