Matt Gaetz

newfie

No nod that were the case, Cuomo would have gotten to pick his own judge.
to your original point i think the Cuomo's appear to be kind of like first family in New york and no one there seems to really want to put the finishing touches on Mario.
i reference them as a crime family because no one wants to hold that family accountable and often look the other way on their transgressions.

El Correcto

god is dead
to your original point i think the Cuomo's appear to be kind of like first family in New york and no one there seems to really want to put the finishing touches on Mario.
i reference them as a crime family because no one wants to hold that family accountable and often look the other way on their transgressions.
I’d say crime family is an apt observation after the covid-19 nursing home scandal.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
I couldn't be bothered to read all the posts on this thread. Anybody point out that the DOJ dooshbag who probably helped fabricate the charges against him also tried to extort Gaetz for $25 million? I love how slimy democrats and establishment republicans have weaponized government agencies against people they obviously think are the biggest threat to their power. Helps me know who I should support. It's like a giant neon sign.

El Correcto

god is dead
I couldn't be bothered to read all the posts on this thread. Anybody point out that the DOJ dooshbag who probably helped fabricate the charges against him also tried to extort Gaetz for $25 million? I love how slimy democrats and establishment republicans have weaponized government agencies against people they obviously think are the biggest threat to their power. Helps me know who I should support. It's like a giant neon sign.
I would of voted for Roy Moore over any democrat. If they don’t lose the primaries handle it next time around. Not saying I’d like it, but you got to stop the left. Let them know you prefer a drug addict that cheats on his wife with 17 year old girls over them. :censored2: em.

vantexan

Strange talk coming from “conservatives”. Noticeably absent 12 months ago.
Not so. Biden is doing exactly what is needed to make the bubble burst. You either put in policies that ease the problem or you run towards it with a big pin.

vantexan

It was Gaetz's friend who was the subject of a DOJ investigation that started while Bill Barr was AG. If what Gaetz is claiming is true a former DOJ official got wind of the investigation, found out that Gaetz had become a person of interest in it, and used that info to try to extort money out of Gaetz's father. Not a surprise at all if it's found out Democrats are trying to take out a very vocal supporter of Trump. But don't be shocked if it's learned that Gaetz is a playboy who paid for sex and one of them ended up being a minor. Of course his enemies are going to use that but sometimes they have info to weaponize because it's true. 17 is the age of consent in many states but transporting across state lines, compensation in the form of money or gifts in exchange for sex are Federal crimes.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
It was Gaetz's friend who was the subject of a DOJ investigation that started while Bill Barr was AG. If what Gaetz is claiming is true a former DOJ official got wind of the investigation, found out that Gaetz had become a person of interest in it, and used that info to try to extort money out of Gaetz's father. Not a surprise at all if it's found out Democrats are trying to take out a very vocal supporter of Trump. But don't be shocked if it's learned that Gaetz is a playboy who paid for sex and one of them ended up being a minor. Of course his enemies are going to use that but sometimes they have info to weaponize because it's true. 17 is the age of consent in many states but transporting across state lines, compensation in the form of money or gifts in exchange for sex are Federal crimes.

Didn't know or care who the guy was before, barely know now. If he's guilty, he's guilty. But based on the establishment's record and MO, I'm leaning towards not. Cover up and ignore every actual crime committed by their own people, make up stuff or blow it out of proportion for anyone deemed a threat. Lie, steal, cheat, repeat.

vantexan

Didn't know or care who the guy was before, barely know now. If he's guilty, he's guilty. But based on the establishment's record and MO, I'm leaning towards not. Cover up and ignore every actual crime committed by their own people, make up stuff or blow it out of proportion for anyone deemed a threat. Lie, steal, cheat, repeat.
There's plenty of that going on. But when you're representing the party that claims to uphold Christian values and you do anything that gives the other party ammunition then you reap what you sow.

newfie

one of the possible charges is that Gaetz was flown to the islands by a supporter and provided female companionship. The supporter was a legal pot seller and Gaetz did try to enact favorable legislation . that could be a quid pro quo and it could have some teeth to it.
the flying females across state lines for the purpose of sex sounds seedy but I cant imagine anyone getting nailed for that in todays world.
I have not heard any more about an underage female in the latest stories run by the MSM . If we actually start holding politicians accountable for Quid pro quo's and for flying somewhere to get laid congress will be pretty thin and well under represented.

newfie

There's plenty of that going on. But when you're representing the party that claims to uphold Christian values and you do anything that gives the other party ammunition then you reap what you sow.
Our justice system is supposed to look at the actual crime and not what you claim to represent. There is not a different standard for christians versus admitted slime balls in our legal language.

El Correcto

god is dead
If it’s really the party of christian values they won’t take god place in condemning the man prematurely. Forgive him and let the law handle it. If he is out there statutory raping young girls and giving them drugs he absolutely should be prosecuted. You can’t allow a leftist to take his seat though, I’d rather see them voted out by republicans than democrats.

vantexan

one of the possible charges is that Gaetz was flown to the islands by a supporter and provided female companionship. The supporter was a legal pot seller and Gaetz did try to enact favorable legislation . that could be a quid pro quo and it could have some teeth to it.
the flying females across state lines for the purpose of sex sounds seedy but I cant imagine anyone getting nailed for that in todays world.
I have not heard any more about an underage female in the latest stories run by the MSM . If we actually start holding politicians accountable for Quid pro quo's and for flying somewhere to get laid congress will be pretty thin and well under represented.
Gaetz's friend is in jail right now for sex trafficking, awaiting trial. The 17 year old in question was supposedly involved with both. I saw the info about the Bahama trip this morning. What gets me is it appears quite a few very powerful Democrats were getting supplied minors by Epstein and unlikely anything will ever happen to them. Most likely committed murder to insure that. But given that, anyone who thinks screwing around with young babes is a job perk in today's climate, especially after Epstein, is too stupid to represent us in Congress. And I had thought he was one of the good ones.

vantexan

Our justice system is supposed to look at the actual crime and not what you claim to represent. There is not a different standard for christians versus admitted slime balls in our legal language.
True, but tell that to your constituents back home. The conservative movement took a hit recently. Do we need this now?

El Correcto

god is dead
What gets me is it appears quite a few very powerful Democrats were getting supplied minors by Epstein and unlikely anything will ever happen to them. Most likely committed murder to insure that.
What?
Do you have or an article for that bold statement? I’m interested if it condemns democrats.

oldngray

nowhere special
Gaetz's friend is in jail right now for sex trafficking, awaiting trial. The 17 year old in question was supposedly involved with both. I saw the info about the Bahama trip this morning. What gets me is it appears quite a few very powerful Democrats were getting supplied minors by Epstein and unlikely anything will ever happen to them. Most likely committed murder to insure that. But given that, anyone who thinks screwing around with young babes is a job perk in today's climate, especially after Epstein, is too stupid to represent us in Congress. And I had thought he was one of the good ones.

The friend's guilt doesn't mean Gaetz is also guilty. He had proof clearing him on the 17 year old but not surprisingly gets ignored by the media. He did behave badly and should kill his political career (since not allowed for Republicans) but a lot of doubt about him breaking any laws.

El Correcto

god is dead
Did you not follow the Epstein story? Those were Democrats he was partying with on his private island. Including Bill Clinton.
Yes and I believe Epstein did kill himself.
He had lots of people over, I’m not saying it couldn’t of happened, I’m saying where is the hard evidence democrats molested a bunch of girls and then killed a man to cover it up.

El Correcto

god is dead
If I was billionaire going away for life in prison for molesting a bunch of highschool girls. I’d want to die to, up to the point of suicide.