Maximum walking distance?

aiian

There's no 'bonus pay' per se but if you record your stops properly the routes with the longer drive ways will have better time allowances eventually.

PT Car Washer

I doubt if you will bonus by walking off long driveways. Or that it will reduce your stop count.Good thing we get paid by the hour and not by the delivery.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
What is the maximum distance a driver is required to walk to make a delivery? Is there anything in the contract about it? A couple drivers have claimed there is and also said in certain areas drivers who deliver large mall complexes that require lots of walking get bonus pay. Anyone know anything?

What is the longest you personally have walked?
The maximum amount of walking required by you is only limited by how long you're on the clock.

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
image.jpg
. Just one of several driveways like this I walked off on Friday

ManInBrown

^ reminds me of the concern I got for DRing to a ladies gar
age.

She made them put a note in EDD that all deliveries were to go to the front door... no exceptions.

Wee guess who got a bulk order of irregs from PB Kids a few weeks later.

I wish I could have taken a picture of her face when I said "Sorry ma'am, no exceptions." and hopped back in my PC.

Haha. I ran into Same situation here. Note in board to not leave at garage. Apparently another cover driver was leaving everything at the garage and customer got mad. 10 Pottery barn boxes. THE BIG ONES. I left 2 stacks 8 feet high at the front door. LOL

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
If there is no turn around and the homeowner has not put a secured drop box at their end of their driveway you have no choice other than to walk it off.
Exactly. That's what I did. I don't mind working by the methods. See drivers everyday doing things I would never do and cringe over. O well I do things the way they are suppose to be done. If I'm 2 hours overallow. Orwell I was safe and compliant.

Dr.Brownz

View attachment 17877. Just one of several driveways like this I walked off on Friday

That isn't far at all compared to what I'm talking about. Just about every house I deliver to on my current route is at least that far from the road.

And it sounds like you all must really love you're jobs because the vet drivers in my center told me that you can give packages with extremely long un-drivable driveways to our clerk. All you have to do is say it's a safety hazard to leave the PC unattended
on the side of the road for that long. The area I'm talking about delivering is a long canyon with a steep road and there are very few spots get off the road. There are a few longer driveways I walk into but there are some I don't try anymore because of dogs. I'm not risking getting ambushed by 2 or 3 dogs half way up a 1/2 mile driveway. Remember the contract says the company agree's safety is of utmost importance.

Then again speaking to transfers that have come here it seems like we actually have a management team that doesn't try to :censored2: with us for no reason so maybe that is part of it...it seems like the drivers run everything here, our sups and dispatch just listen to what the vets say unless corporate gives them some specific retarded directive.

Dr.Brownz

100 yards I'm backing every time or pulling down driveway to get turned around. Work smarter not harder lol. But with that said a bidded driver knows where to back and where to enter and turn around safely, because they run that route every day.

Here is the thing though, the houses I'm talking about are 200 yards or more don't have reliable turn around (as in if the peoples cars are parked there you are screwed) and they have big dogs. Management already agreed with me that it's unsafe to go there, I told them if I have to walk then the time allowances on my route need to change and I need to lose 10-20 stops depending on which houses I have.

Now if they would fix the notes in the DIAD so cover drivers don't get into bad situations when they do my route. One house that is 800 feet away from the road has a note on it saying DEL TO HOUSE ONLY, because the lady complained once about a package left at the mailbox and our newbie clerk just agreed with no questions.. Same with all the emergency road conditions I've thrown out, they get put on my truck the next day with a note saying "ok now" because she just takes whatever the people say as true without the thought "they are in 4wd vehicles, they aren't driving a huge van and they don't care if the driver gets stuck/ect.."