Maybe it's time to change our representatives?

Time for change

Yeah screw all the guys that are elected and have the skill at bargaining contracts with several employers.

We have one set of skills that don’t fall on a hiring hall list.

Handling packages.

Not sure anyone could have given us anything better than what’s been presented. The nation will tell us very soon

And we will rep our locals with our votes
Yea not very skilled though, bunch of uneducated union buffoons negotiating against smart and educated company negotiators.

Time for change

There would be more money on the table if some areas did not demonstrate their ineptitude or corruption in the handling of pension plans.

The union bargained 14.5 billion dollars in new money this contract.

Each penny dime and nickel is a big deal when you have over a couple hundred thousand employees

86,000 part timers are in progression
33,000 package car drivers are in progression

Most or some of those will get a significant bump in this contract
That 14.5 billion is the biggest load of bs ever. Let’s see it line by line. I can flat guarantee much of that 14.5 billion is actually company “gets”. Like starting rate, you can shove that, because the company needed the higher starting rate, most the members not so much.

Time for change

@2033 there is no try again. A strike vote was taken. What don’t you and all the other vote no dip:censored2:s understand. A strike is the next course of action.
I doubt you’re that stupid and ignorant to think there is any chance there is a strike after we vote this down. I’m sure you are thinking these scare tactics work lol.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
@2033 there is no try again. A strike vote was taken. What don’t you and all the other vote no dip:censored2:s understand. A strike is the next course of action.

I understand. You either don't understand or are purposefully spreading misinformation. A no vote ≠ an automatic strike. The things you write are so obviously wrong you might as well be telling everyone that breathing is unnecessary.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
There would be more money on the table if some areas did not demonstrate their ineptitude or corruption in the handling of pension plans.

The union bargained 14.5 billion dollars in new money this contract.

Each penny dime and nickel is a big deal when you have over a couple hundred thousand employees

86,000 part timers are in progression
33,000 package car drivers are in progression

Most or some of those will get a significant bump in this contract

I understand and agree with the sentiment about the pension. The only people getting a significant bump, however, are drivers in progression, and maybe brand new part timers. Everyone else get's a slightly above minimally acceptable bump except part timers with a year or more in. I'm not asking for more money, aside from those part timers. I'm asking the union not to devalue what I do. There is a way, within the constraints of the budget, to get a decent contract. They just need to try again.

Time for change

And that’s why you’re just a UPS guy. You see when I was hired, the Company required all employees to be enrolled in college because they wanted Smart employees then. Now they take any dumb person like yourself.
Another lie unless you are center manager or higher in management. Stop lying.

Dude, this guy is incapable of writing anything that is true. UPS never required that everyone be enrolled in college, and he most certainly lacks the academic fortitude to have ever been admitted to one.

If they gave him tuition reimbursement, UPS was making :censored2:ty investments long before Orion...

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
If they gave him tuition reimbursement, UPS was making :censored2:ty investments long before Orion...

You have to be admitted to college and actually attend courses to get tuition reimbursement. To be admitted you have to qualify. I think this guy would have been rejected from even the most lenient community college.

sandwich

The resident gearhead
The thing that stands out to me with Sean’s language is the 7 months out of the year where th part timer works as a full time feeder driver and then the other 5 months they go back to being part time. That kinda sucks.
But 22.4's and a pitiful raise for the part timers is ok with you in the master?

Kamikaze

Dude, this guy is incapable of writing anything that is true. UPS never required that everyone be enrolled in college, and he most certainly lacks the academic fortitude to have ever been admitted to one.
I still remember when the founder would stop in and shake hands with the employees. Ohhh you’re probably thinking the founder? Back in those days prior to the Company going public all employees had to be in college at least up here in the great Northwest.

Slug Life

When do we eat?
How? You’re getting over $10 in new money to your hourly rate, and health and welfare.

8 hour days adjusted, not granted. They fixed it and if you don’t get it ... you get the penalty and another day.

9.5 - 12 month period to execute the language of meeting with the district labor manager. Read that section. Sure most people skipped the significance of that if they truely want relief and not the free money.

Sleeper Teams - $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Triple time for supervisors working after three times.

What am I missing? Those are all significant. Part-timers will be buying 50k trucks from that if they know how to file a grievance
We got another undercover Stupervisor here.
Or is this a wormy Hoffa boy?

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
I still remember when the founder would stop in and shake hands with the employees. Ohhh you’re probably thinking the founder? Back in those days prior to the Company going public all employees had to be in college at least up here in the great Northwest.

Oh, I get it. Fit bit started a new account.

No, you don't. And no, they didn't.