Maybe the c.i.r "glitch" isn't one after all..

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by Utahloader, Feb 7, 2019.

1. Utahloader

Utahloader Member

Know how when you go to cir, fill everything out, then it decides to tell you, you need a signature? I'm paranoid so I do it the correct way every time. However I know 90% of drivers in my building just sign the screen and keep it rolling. What if, it's not a glitch, there on purpose.. If you are ever a serious issue, they always have you in their back pocket. Call me crazy, but I would bet hands down that's why it's set up the way it is. These are my thoughts, trolls are welcome to have at it. Most trolls on here aren't the brightest, so I don't see them connecting any dots.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • List
  2. thecamel

thecamel Waiting to put the re in front of tired

Just get a sig, stop complete, 7, move along. Nothing to see here.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  3. Rack em

Rack em 2018 Brown Cafe Fantasy Football Champion

If you take the tinfoil hat off your head and put it over the diad while using the cir then it will work properly.

• Funny Funny x 7
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  4. Utahloader

Utahloader Member

Same would have been said about our own union pulling a fast one with the 2/3 loophole. Stop being oblivious to our company and it's tactics.

5. eats packages

eats packages Why won't the door close?

Some of the old-as-dirt drivers I know do this, probably because getting fired is inconsequential to their pension.
    But it is common knowledge for the rest, never to self-sign a signature screen.

I suspect marking businesses as resis is more common.

6. Blackadder 2

Blackadder 2 Active Member

No UPS is just that stupid.

7. burrheadd

burrheadd KING Of GIFS

Do you ever feel like somebody is following you?

8. DeliveryMachine

DeliveryMachine Active Member

It’s refreshing to see I’m not the only paranoid driver out there. I don’t know if the OP knows what he’s talking about but I delivered to a school the other day. Walked in, scanned all the packages, dropped them, see ya later folks, typing in the ladies last name as I’m walking out the door with my 2 wheeler. As soon as the door closed and locked behind me, it prompted me I need a signature. I knew 99% of drivers wouldn’t buzz themselves back into the school and do the walk of shame into the office to tell them you actually DO need a sig but I ain’t signing that damn thing!

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  9. Brisket

Brisket Active Member

We are told to always use ‘inside delivery ‘.

10. Yolo

Yolo Active Member

I would always go back and get a signature. No shame in it.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  11. DeliveryMachine

DeliveryMachine Active Member

When they say, “Do you need a signature?” And stick their hands out, and you say, “Nope, you’re good.” Then come walking back in 60 seconds later to get a signature. Makes you look like you don’t have a clue what you’re doing lol but yeah you gotta do it.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  12. Yolo

Yolo Active Member

Ive gotten use to people thinking I have no idea what I'm doing.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Winner Winner x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  13. DOK

DOK Well-Known Member

Someone paid a little extra for you to get a signature at that stop for their package, so just get a signature.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  14. DSM515

DSM515 Active Member

If there is a surepost pkg in the delivery you have too hit DEL, soft key Rel#, enter, select whatever applies. Must be done for each SP pkgs, then arrow to a none SP pkg, hit CIR and stop complete like a regular stop. Took me months too figure this out.

• Informative Informative x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • List
  15. 542thruNthru

542thruNthru Well-Known Member

Actually it's surepost packages that 90% of the time keep you from using CIR. Those are allowed to be left also but it screws it up some how.

16. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

Ummm it’s not a glitch. Certain shippers or receivers request a signature.

17. Brownslave688

60 seconds later?

It’s 3 clicks to check and see if CIR works. Do it right there and check. Save yourself the embarrassment of walking back.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  18. Jackburton

Jackburton Gone Fish'n

So I guess having the signature button on all the previous DIAD’s in the upper right corner, where everyone’s left thumb hits it when turned around was a conspiracy also.

19. Re-Raise

Re-Raise Well-Known Member

580A7C69-C8F4-4B06-833B-E56F8CA8845C.jpeg

Way ahead of you!

• Funny Funny x 11
    • Like Like x 4
    • List
  20. Brownslave688

It’s because you need a sig at the post office and I guess it was too much to ask for the software to designate the difference in the post office and 50 surepost packages and a business with 1.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List