Maybe the c.i.r "glitch" isn't one after all..

DeliveryMachine

60 seconds later?

It’s 3 clicks to check and see if CIR works. Do it right there and check. Save yourself the embarrassment of walking back.
I sheet on the go. I don’t want to stand there and scan, hit CIR, type in a last name, hit enter, select where I delivered it, and see it stop complete, then say bye have a nice day. Doing that at every stop basically makes it take LONGER than just getting a signature at every stop. Defeats the whole purpose.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
The CIR problems I originally encountered were payrolls and lottery tickets. So when I have those type of packages I automatically get a signature. Alcohol and some prescription meds always need signatures too.

Utahloader

It’s refreshing to see I’m not the only paranoid driver out there. I don’t know if the OP knows what he’s talking about but I delivered to a school the other day. Walked in, scanned all the packages, dropped them, see ya later folks, typing in the ladies last name as I’m walking out the door with my 2 wheeler. As soon as the door closed and locked behind me, it prompted me I need a signature. I knew 99% of drivers wouldn’t buzz themselves back into the school and do the walk of shame into the office to tell them you actually DO need a sig but I ain’t signing that damn thing!
EXACTLY. ^^dude gets it. It makes sense for them to do it, so why wouldn't they?

DeliveryMachine

I like when someone will rush over to the dock in the middle of my scanning and ask if I need a signature and I’m like, “uhhhhhhh hmmmm idk...” they must think I’m a rookie who’s lost. Nope. Just a UPS driver trying to get boxes off the truck but UPS makes it rocket science.

Utahloader

60 seconds later?

It’s 3 clicks to check and see if CIR works. Do it right there and check. Save yourself the embarrassment of walking back.
This is why I wonder if maybe people are all running different software currently, or he doesn't know what he's talking about. It's not three clicks, even if it has then cent sign next to the tracking number, under details. "This stop is not eligible.." is a common one, after typing in the full last name, and hitting stop complete.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
This is why I wonder if maybe people are all running different software currently, or he doesn't know what he's talking about. It's not three clicks, even if it has then cent sign next to the tracking number, under details. "This stop is not eligible.." is a common one, after typing in the full last name, and hitting stop complete.
Click 1: CIR

Click 2: select name

Click 3: stop complete? Or is it enter then stop complete?

Either way it takes a couple seconds to check and see if you can CIR it or not.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
Fake news

UPS is an amazingly progressive, ahead of the curve company. Very on top of things

D9A9CB6F-9942-447E-8A12-60804CE61B42.gif

rustys954rr

Unless their name isn't in there, and of course it's some weird long one that you have to spell out, then it prompts you you cannot cir it so you have them sign, but then you still have to void out the cir before you can stop compete it because the road can't handle a cir and signature in the same stop, despite being the same name.

1: CIR

2: consignee is on the phone holding out their hands to sign.

3: pull board back to signal no sig. needed

4: whisper “what’s your last name?”

5: my 3 options are “sue” “jimmy” “Tyler”

6: consignee signals, one moment....wait for them to either interrupt the call....or to finish the call completely.

7: “last name, Hughes”

8: type in HUGHES

9: hit location [office]

10: stop complete.....get the prompt that you must get a signature.

11: CIR again

12: cancel CIR? YES

13: Interupt consigee, or chase them down again. “Sorry, I do need a signature “

14: get signature.

15: stop complete

16: location [office]