Maybe the c.i.r "glitch" isn't one after all..

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by Utahloader, Feb 7, 2019.

1. I sheet on the go. I don’t want to stand there and scan, hit CIR, type in a last name, hit enter, select where I delivered it, and see it stop complete, then say bye have a nice day. Doing that at every stop basically makes it take LONGER than just getting a signature at every stop. Defeats the whole purpose.

2. scratch

scratch Least Best Moderator Staff Member

The CIR problems I originally encountered were payrolls and lottery tickets. So when I have those type of packages I automatically get a signature. Alcohol and some prescription meds always need signatures too.

3. Nine5

Nine5 Member

It says right on the Diad screen signature may be required........

4. Utahloader

Utahloader Member

I mean when it tells me after the fact. When I have already gone through the whole process of C.I.R.

5. Utahloader

Utahloader Member

EXACTLY. ^^dude gets it. It makes sense for them to do it, so why wouldn't they?

6. I like when someone will rush over to the dock in the middle of my scanning and ask if I need a signature and I’m like, “uhhhhhhh hmmmm idk...” they must think I’m a rookie who’s lost. Nope. Just a UPS driver trying to get boxes off the truck but UPS makes it rocket science.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  7. Ecw21411

Ecw21411 Active Member

Lmfao

8. Utahloader

Utahloader Member

This is why I wonder if maybe people are all running different software currently, or he doesn't know what he's talking about. It's not three clicks, even if it has then cent sign next to the tracking number, under details. "This stop is not eligible.." is a common one, after typing in the full last name, and hitting stop complete.

9. Utahloader

Utahloader Member

No they aren't. It's been long enough, they know it's a problem. They aren't fixing the problem. C.I.R has been out for over a year now.

10. MyTripisCut

MyTripisCut Wake Up!

How long you been here? They don’t admit or fix problems, just create new ones.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  11. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

Click 1: CIR

Click 2: select name

Click 3: stop complete? Or is it enter then stop complete?

Either way it takes a couple seconds to check and see if you can CIR it or not.

12. Brownslave688

Fake news

UPS is an amazingly progressive, ahead of the curve company. Very on top of things

13. MyTripisCut

MyTripisCut Wake Up!

D9A9CB6F-9942-447E-8A12-60804CE61B42.gif

14. rustys954rr

rustys954rr New Member

Unless their name isn't in there, and of course it's some weird long one that you have to spell out, then it prompts you you cannot cir it so you have them sign, but then you still have to void out the cir before you can stop compete it because the road can't handle a cir and signature in the same stop, despite being the same name.

15. WTFm8

WTFm8 Active Member

¢ sign next to the stop for sig required at business.

R for sig required at residential.

16. 1989

1989 Well-Known Member

1: CIR

2: consignee is on the phone holding out their hands to sign.

3: pull board back to signal no sig. needed

4: whisper “what’s your last name?”

5: my 3 options are “sue” “jimmy” “Tyler”

6: consignee signals, one moment....wait for them to either interrupt the call....or to finish the call completely.

7: “last name, Hughes”

8: type in HUGHES

9: hit location [office]

10: stop complete.....get the prompt that you must get a signature.

11: CIR again

12: cancel CIR? YES

13: Interupt consigee, or chase them down again. “Sorry, I do need a signature “

14: get signature.

15: stop complete

16: location [office]

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  17. Brownslave688

In which case you’d still be standing there. So like I said no real reason to be “60 seconds away”

18. brownmonster

brownmonster Man of Great Wisdom

Yet somehow that wasn't an issue before CIR.

19. Blackadder 2

Blackadder 2 Active Member

How long have we had Orion? Do they know it doesn't work? Are they still forcing it?

20. DOK

DOK Well-Known Member

Yes I noticed that, wonder why we can’t leave them.