Maybe the c.i.r "glitch" isn't one after all..

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Know how when you go to cir, fill everything out, then it decides to tell you, you need a signature? I'm paranoid so I do it the correct way every time. However I know 90% of drivers in my building just sign the screen and keep it rolling. What if, it's not a glitch, there on purpose.. If you are ever a serious issue, they always have you in their back pocket. Call me crazy, but I would bet hands down that's why it's set up the way it is. These are my thoughts, trolls are welcome to have at it. Most trolls on here aren't the brightest, so I don't see them connecting any dots.
So, get a signature. What's the big deal?

Crying-Meme-GIF-Image-for-Whatsapp-and-Facebook-34.gif

dogs.bite.me

If there is a surepost pkg in the delivery you have too hit DEL, soft key Rel#, enter, select whatever applies. Must be done for each SP pkgs, then arrow to a none SP pkg, hit CIR and stop complete like a regular stop. Took me months too figure this out.
Or just get a sig with stops that have surepost. Surepost is only supposed to be used business to resi, not business to businesses, so screw their cir when they allow that.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Or just get a sig with stops that have surepost. Surepost is only supposed to be used business to resi, not business to businesses, so screw their cir when they allow that.
Well then the shipper should be billed back an extra fee and more importantly it should be explained to the drivers.

G.V. Rush

All Encompassing Member
Know how when you go to cir, fill everything out, then it decides to tell you, you need a signature? I'm paranoid so I do it the correct way every time. However I know 90% of drivers in my building just sign the screen and keep it rolling. What if, it's not a glitch, there on purpose.. If you are ever a serious issue, they always have you in their back pocket. Call me crazy, but I would bet hands down that's why it's set up the way it is. These are my thoughts, trolls are welcome to have at it. Most trolls on here aren't the brightest, so I don't see them connecting any dots.
When at a commercial stop and trying to C.I.R., the reason it doesn’t let you stop complete (assuming there are multiple pieces) is because one of the packages scanned is a shipper release. For whatever reason it confuses the board.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
I'll sit and wait before leaving to make sure I don't need a sig. I didn't create the system, I just gotta use it. It's supposed to save time, but really only helps a little if you have your own route and you know everyone's names. And if you are signing the diad to save a few seconds, you deserve what you have coming to you.

badpal

I been delivering since paper and clipboard days and i aint still figured out about half the buttons on the diad and especially them things that flash at the bottom sometimes.

I been delivering since paper and clipboard days and i aint still figured out about half the buttons on the diad and especially them things that flash at the bottom sometimes.
When your diad starts flashing, it’s telling you to keep up the good work.

Netsua 3:16

AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE
Pretty sure it's the result of separate accounts at one delivery location. Like when you get 2 separate lines on the diad for one bulk stop. I've noticed the "glitch" happens to me at Wal-Mart when there are customer orders lumped in with orders from the store itself. So, Wal-Mart has agreed to CIR but the customer ordering a pkg online which then gets shipped to that location has not.
Just my observation

Two Tokes

Give it to me Baby
It is not a glitch
Shipper release packages cannot be cir
High values trigger sign req
Void out package and re scan and get THEM not you to sign
Thank god they fixed that effing glitch on lottery tickets
Hit Patel and roll

JL 0513

1: CIR

2: consignee is on the phone holding out their hands to sign.

3: pull board back to signal no sig. needed

4: whisper “what’s your last name?”

5: my 3 options are “sue” “jimmy” “Tyler”

6: consignee signals, one moment....wait for them to either interrupt the call....or to finish the call completely.

7: “last name, Hughes”

8: type in HUGHES

9: hit location [office]

10: stop complete.....get the prompt that you must get a signature.

11: CIR again

12: cancel CIR? YES

13: Interupt consigee, or chase them down again. “Sorry, I do need a signature “

14: get signature.

15: stop complete

16: location [office]

Definitely quicker than getting a sig.

DOK

Actually it's surepost packages that 90% of the time keep you from using CIR. Those are allowed to be left also but it screws it up some how.
It’s because you need a sig at the post office and I guess it was too much to ask for the software to designate the difference in the post office and 50 surepost packages and a business with 1.

I dr them when I deliver them to the post office. Throw them in one of their hampers and take off, it is the cheapest service we offer, no need to over service our customers.

Also, I thought surepost was a residential service, why are they going to businesses?

I dr them when I deliver them to the post office. Throw them in one of their hampers and take off, it is the cheapest service we offer, no need to over service our customers.

Also, I thought surepost was a residential service, why are they going to businesses?
I have never seen a business name on a surepost pkg. I think a residential customer will have it sent to their work.

F

Frankie's Friend

When they say, “Do you need a signature?” And stick their hands out, and you say, “Nope, you’re good.” Then come walking back in 60 seconds later to get a signature. Makes you look like you don’t have a clue what you’re doing lol but yeah you gotta do it.
If you demand a sig from the girl in the bikini who's sun tanning in the lawn chair you can do it at the school.

F

Frankie's Friend

Actually it's surepost packages that 90% of the time keep you from using CIR. Those are allowed to be left also but it screws it up some how.
Just like Orion. Get the program implemented and the next version will be better.

WTFm8

How long have we had Orion? Do they know it doesn't work? Are they still forcing it?

Works great if you have no pickups or commits LOL

I’m just waiting for dynamic Orion to come out that figures in traffic and adjusts route if you’re running early/late for pickups.