Maybe the c.i.r "glitch" isn't one after all..

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by Utahloader, Feb 7, 2019.

1. Wally

Wally BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns

So, get a signature. What's the big deal?

[​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  2. dogs.bite.me

dogs.bite.me Active Member

Or just get a sig with stops that have surepost. Surepost is only supposed to be used business to resi, not business to businesses, so screw their cir when they allow that.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  3. brownmonster

brownmonster Man of Great Wisdom

Well then the shipper should be billed back an extra fee and more importantly it should be explained to the drivers.

4. Heavy Package

Heavy Package Active Member

You're crazy.

5. eats packages

eats packages Tetris Master

6 months, no, yes.

6. S.F. Rush

S.F. Rush All Encompassing Member

When at a commercial stop and trying to C.I.R., the reason it doesn’t let you stop complete (assuming there are multiple pieces) is because one of the packages scanned is a shipper release. For whatever reason it confuses the board.

7. zubenelgenubi

zubenelgenubi Well-Known Member

I'll sit and wait before leaving to make sure I don't need a sig. I didn't create the system, I just gotta use it. It's supposed to save time, but really only helps a little if you have your own route and you know everyone's names. And if you are signing the diad to save a few seconds, you deserve what you have coming to you.

8. badpal

badpal Active Member

I been delivering since paper and clipboard days and i aint still figured out about half the buttons on the diad and especially them things that flash at the bottom sometimes.

9. 1989

1989 Well-Known Member

When your diad starts flashing, it’s telling you to keep up the good work.

10. Netsua 3:16

Netsua 3:16 Stop being a little bitch

Pretty sure it's the result of separate accounts at one delivery location. Like when you get 2 separate lines on the diad for one bulk stop. I've noticed the "glitch" happens to me at Wal-Mart when there are customer orders lumped in with orders from the store itself. So, Wal-Mart has agreed to CIR but the customer ordering a pkg online which then gets shipped to that location has not.
    Just my observation

11. Netsua 3:16

Netsua 3:16 Stop being a little bitch

Also helps you remember the last name if you haven't done that route or seen that person in a while

12. Two Tokes

Two Tokes Give it to me Baby

It is not a glitch
    Shipper release packages cannot be cir
    High values trigger sign req
    Void out package and re scan and get THEM not you to sign
    Thank god they fixed that effing glitch on lottery tickets
    Hit Patel and roll

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  13. bumped

bumped Well-Known Member

I use Singh

14. JL 0513

JL 0513 Well-Known Member

Definitely quicker than getting a sig.

15. DOK

DOK Well-Known Member

I dr them when I deliver them to the post office. Throw them in one of their hampers and take off, it is the cheapest service we offer, no need to over service our customers.

Also, I thought surepost was a residential service, why are they going to businesses?

16. 1989

1989 Well-Known Member

I have never seen a business name on a surepost pkg. I think a residential customer will have it sent to their work.

17. If you demand a sig from the girl in the bikini who's sun tanning in the lawn chair you can do it at the school.

18. Just like Orion. Get the program implemented and the next version will be better.

19. That guy looks familiar.

20. WTFm8

WTFm8 Active Member

Works great if you have no pickups or commits LOL

I’m just waiting for dynamic Orion to come out that figures in traffic and adjusts route if you’re running early/late for pickups.