McDonald's pays more then UPS

It was complete BS man. We had a after concert rush. People lined up out the door. That was back before drive thru was the big thing. And this bastard complained about the fact that I had a couple of pickles overlapping each other. I went bat :censored2: crazy on him......completely justified in my response. Threw my apron at him and stomped out of the place flipping everyone in the restaurant off as I left
Sounds like delivery drivers complaining about their preloaders.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
From my local paper in Wisconsin
6CSuigb.jpg
This tells me 2 things

1. The only people unemployed are bottom of the barrel If McDonald's is offering things like this to attract workers.

2. If there was a contract to win big time on this was it. The amount of people looking for a job that would be acceptable fill ins if we went on strike is nonexistent. The union had the company by the balls and choose to put them in their mouth softly instead of squeezing.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Let's do the math. If you make $10 and hour, you can afford to put away how much? And if your emolempl matches you dollar for dollar, that =???
People will say a part time job is just a stepping stone to full time, and the pay is low because these jobs are supposed to be temporary.

Then they'll also use a pension that takes 5 years to be vested and doesn't pay out till you're 65 to justify the low pay.

Can't have it both ways.

People will say a part time job is just a stepping stone to full time, and the pay is low because these jobs are supposed to be temporary.

Then they'll also use a pension that takes 5 years to be vested and doesn't pay out till you're 65 to justify the low pay.

Can't have it both ways.
Exactly!

That's why I would love to see the part timers have a matching 401k instead a of a pension.
At least they would have a little something if they worked here for a short time.