Mechanic talk

Gear

Parts on Order
Scanning parts we receive is new. Its not difficult but our scanners are in tight spaces. When you have a cart full of parts to receive, it takes more time. When you charge them out, you rip off the part tag and scan it out. But scanning in, I dont want to rip the part tag off.

Mechanic86

Turd Polishing Expert
Plus now we've been told to have the job for a DNR part already in your work schedule 2 weeks out before you've even ordered it.
Lmao 2 weeks before, we have to know what we're ordering and if it's dnr before that even has a chance of happening. Usually we find out the day of that we need a specific part and if it's going to be dnr or not. That just goes to show how out of touch management is.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
I was wondering today what to do with this part scanning in business if the license number has been obliterated in shipping by some bozo who couldn't find a better place for the shipping stickers. This was a seat! Can't go into ecars to see an inventory report to find it.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
Most have may have already seen it, but a new and improved manifold to downpipe gasket has come out from MDC for the 4.8 and 6.0 GM. Hopefully this will address the continuously blown out and barking driverside.

Gear

Parts on Order
I was wondering today what to do with this part scanning in business if the license number has been obliterated in shipping by some bozo who couldn't find a better place for the shipping stickers. This was a seat! Can't go into ecars to see an inventory report to find it.

You can access ECars through IGate. As of yesterday it was still there, I assume we're keeping ECars.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
It was my understanding now that parts won't even BE in your inventory until scanned in, so there wouldn't be anything to look at in eCars.

Gear

Parts on Order
It was my understanding now that parts won't even BE in your inventory until scanned in, so there wouldn't be anything to look at in eCars.

So far we have a part tag for everything. I guess we will see what happens the first time we are missing one or its just unreadable. Fingers crossed

JDWiley

Man, it's like we all work in the same building!
In true UPS fashion, someone has thrown together a piss-poor system and demands for us to use it!

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
I'm at this moment still unable to even try to use it because for some reason my existence to even have right to it got wiped when it was installed. Furthermore, the request for access now to AIS in general went away with my password reset and has to be approved again through my old manager who hates me.

JDWiley

Every time I think I have a handle on it, something doesn't work or it takes a life of its own!
I just can't get over having to log on twice to get to my time card. Waste of time.....:mad:

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
Only one computer, 2 of us and they want us to update at least every 2 hours. I'm tempted to fill it out in advance despite the time stamping.