Mechanics

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
There is no bribing to it. I get tipped out of appreciation from my customers and I take the cash and give to my two helpers, my preloader, and my mechanic This tactic has paid off many times over during the years. My car stays in the lineup and I don't drive POS cars. Most drivers are too cheap to tip their mechanics, they should since we get more overtime than them.

I do keep the bottles of single-malt scotch though.

There is no bribing to it. I get tipped out of appreciation from my customers and I take the cash and give to my two helpers, my preloader, and my mechanic This tactic has paid off many times over during the years. My car stays in the lineup and I don't drive POS cars. Most drivers are too cheap to tip their mechanics, they should since we get more overtime than them.

Agreed. It's not a bribe. It's a thank you.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Cheap?

$50 for my Peak preloader.

$100 for my permanent loader.

$20/week for my helper plus $20 for every really cold day.

As I said, DJ makes more than I do and I feel zero obligation to tip him simply for doing his job.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
"Cheap" may not have been the best choice of words, I think it's more of indifference to what a mechanic does for us. Ours don't get any overtime at all. My helper will get a crisp $100 bill, my golf art guy will get an Amazon gift card, and my new Preloader will get a little bit of cash.

Happy Peak Day everybody. I have 340 plus on my car right now and some of them will be on there tomorrow.

"Cheap" may not have been the best choice of words, I think it's more of indifference to what a mechanic does for us. Ours don't get any overtime at all. My helper will get a crisp $100 bill, my golf art guy will get an Amazon gift card, and my new Preloader will get a little bit of cash.

Happy Peak Day everybody. I have 340 plus on my car right now and some of them will be on there tomorrow.
That's only 200 more stops than me.:biggrin:

brownelf

I'm still sitting at home drinking coffee we don't start till 0945. Woke up and soaked in the hot tub for awhile this am, ready for another 13hr day.