Media Begins to Sniff Out the Truth Behind FedEx Campaign

bbsam

Staff member
first, "debt is debt", what a ridiculous statement. so that would mean that defense spending is the same as social program spending is the same as infrastructure spending. or debt at a 6% rate is the same as a credit card at 23% . or as fedex contractor, 60K debt for a new package car is the same as 60k for a new hummer. i think you need to rethink such a simplistic view of economics in order to post intelligently on matters of capital expenditure.
secondly, however fedex got the rla exemption, ups failed to do so. as they say, trying and succeeding are two very different things, and i think we can agree that ups did everything in their power to achieve that goal.
third, again on aggressiveness of sales, we compete for the same customers and if upssalesguy would like to chime in he can confirm that fedex continues to gain marketshare.
finally, that i am viewing things onesidedly, guilty. but it's gotta be a little entertaining to get a somwhat different opinion, and i will admit it is merely that an opinion. but it is one that i think one need not look too far to find supporting non-biased evidence.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
bbsam

First off, had UPS been eligible to fall under the railway labor act, dont you think they would have done so? Its not that they didnt, they couldnt.

Secondly, fedex got into the RLA through a bunch of legal hoodo loopholes. So the fact remains they should never have been able to do so in the first place. But I guess when you pay off the right people miracles can happen.

As for FEDEX being the only one to open new hubs, expand the business, going aggressively after market share, I think you have a very limited view.

I would suggest that in most markets UPS and FEdex are equally aggressive, but UPS tries to keep it more low key, whereas fedex makes a lot of noise doing it.

So while I can appreciate your view, it is a bit one sided.

d

Well said. It's obvious that you "get it". It's a bit harder when you try and educate the reality-challenged.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Just remember,FedEx is smarter than UPS.All the mistakes and missed opportunities made by UPS,Fedex quickly capitalized on.
Fedex still has a few tricks up its sleeve.

I didn't know Forrest Gump had a brother. Tell him Fred says hi and that he'd like the whole Gump family to come and work for him.