Medical Leave

Johney

He was under mental duress , he should lawyer up !!
OP a stroke is an aweful thing to overcome , congratulations on your courageous battle with this , and get some legal help !!
I'm sure there are plenty of lawyers willing to take his money.

E

el blanco

He was under mental duress , he should lawyer up !!
OP a stroke is an aweful thing to overcome , congratulations on your courageous battle with this , and get some legal help !!

i'm just stating the obvious

no need to argue with me

it's 4 months later, not going to help his cause regardless of how he proceeds

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
i'm just stating the obvious

no need to argue with me

it's 4 months later, not going to help his cause regardless of how he proceeds
You misread me, I wasn’t argueing with you , that’s just a line to throw out from a lawyers point of view ! I agree he should of stood up and fought

john chesney

Wasn’t able to meet their deadline date for coming back to work. They informed me that I had until the 26th of October to return or I would no longer have a job. At that time I wasn’t physically ready.
Lawyer immediately. Get a good one that deals specially with this issue. Did you file grievance?

john chesney

No I didn’t do anything. Didn’t have the fight in me was just trying to get healthy. Hindsight is 20/20
Now you have your lawyer prove hopefully prove you were not mentally or physically capable of fighting discharge at that time. You will need documentation from dr or psychiatrist

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
In October 2017 I was let go due to being off a year on medical leave and not returning. Worked for UPS for 11 years. Anyone ever heard of being rehired with the same seniority/benefits/retirement etc you left with?

No.

You would be lucky to even be hired back.

Leaving the company with a known medical condition, is a big liability.

He didn't exhaust all other options he didn't want to fight at the time, a lawyer at this point seems like a waste of money.

His ship has sailed at this point.

Being it's a Union job, the first thing a lawyer is going to want to see.... is that he

complied with all the dispute resolution processes outlined in the contract.

Filed a grievance, filed an appeal to the denial of long term disability, and

requested an ADA accommodation. And then, filed another grievance if denied.

All of this could have been avoided, by calling the Local Union.

Can't make it to the Union hall ?

I'll come to you.

-Bug-

E

el blanco

did anyone else notice that that the block of time during which he didn't challenge his dismissal,
included several major holidays, and all of peak?

coincidence? perhaps...

DLK

Just so everyone is clear I was not union. Sorry if I’m posting in the wrong forum. Believe me I wasn’t trying to get out of work. I worked 10+ years without any issues. Just seeing if anyone knew of someone being brought back with their original hire date.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Just so everyone is clear I was not union.

You wouldn't have gotten any sympathy.... if that was known earlier.

Just seeing if anyone knew of someone being brought back with their original hire date.

Ask that question in the "Partners" forum.

Best thing to come out of this thread ?

All of this could have been avoided, by calling the Local Union.

Heads up, for the Union members.

-Bug-

DLK

I was being honest. I had no idea there were forums for union and non union. What part did you think I was lying about?