Medicare for All Price-tag 32.6 Trillion!

It will be fine

You're stepping over dollars to pick up pennies. Did you not read that for many the more than doubling of their taxes, and that includes more than doubling corporate taxes too, would be considerably higher than the premiums they pay. And if corporate taxes end up higher than where they were before the tax cut then you can forget about higher wages. Are you intentionally misleading people?
I’ve never read or heard a good argument for linking health insurance to employment. It’s bad for companies that have to share the burden of increasing costs and it’s bad for workers that have to put up with lower wages and abusive management for fear of losing their insurance. It stifles competition because smaller start up companies have a harder time attracting top talent without offering benefits. M4A will free up the job market and lower costs.

It will be fine

I went to my family doctor for a checkup 2 weeks ago, and she told me in the very near future (didn't have an exact date) Her practice would no longer accept medicare, and it is the wave of the future. I didn't ask her what reason for the decision, but I'd imagine low pay or maybe reems of paperwork. What good is medicare going to be if nobody accepts it as payment? And can you imagine the wait time of the few doctors that do accept it?
They won’t have a choice if it’s the only game in town.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
37019789_2097554973836243_674483919021670400_n.jpg
Good, good.
Keep linking Trump's success or failure to the economy.... See how that works out lol.
So far great.

bbsam

Staff member
Did you read the last part of that article? That doubling current income and corporate taxes wouldn't quite cover the total expense? No thanks! Wally is right, it'll kill the economy.
How does adding money into a part of the economy “kill the economy”?

Why doesn’t the purchase of 140 F35 fighter jets “kill the economy”?

vantexan

How does adding money into a part of the economy “kill the economy”?

Why doesn’t the purchase of 140 F35 fighter jets “kill the economy”?
The corporate tax rate at 35% was a drag on the economy. The article points out doubling everyone's income taxes including the corporate rate wouldn't quite pay for Medicare for all. So you're going to tax corporations at more than 42%? The rest of us are going to see our income taxes more than double? And this is just for healthcare. You guys are calling for free college tuition, etc. What exactly are we going to have left for ourselves? And the report says that free healthcare will lead to much more healthcare usage, further increasing costs. And by the way this puts the burden on working Americans. You'll end up with a shadow economy so people can avoid taxes. This is about control of others, nothing more.

bbsam

Staff member
The corporate tax rate at 35% was a drag on the economy. The article points out doubling everyone's income taxes including the corporate rate wouldn't quite pay for Medicare for all. So you're going to tax corporations at more than 42%? The rest of us are going to see our income taxes more than double? And this is just for healthcare. You guys are calling for free college tuition, etc. What exactly are we going to have left for ourselves? And the report says that free healthcare will lead to much more healthcare usage, further increasing costs. And by the way this puts the burden on working Americans. You'll end up with a shadow economy so people can avoid taxes. This is about control of others, nothing more.
I don’t buy it.

Other far less powerful economies manage to do it. Considering the strength of the US, no reason we can’t.

vantexan

I don’t buy it.

Other far less powerful economies manage to do it. Considering the strength of the US, no reason we can’t.
Their medical care isn't comparable and they have a lot less people. ABC said that report was in line with others on the numbers.

bacha29

Once again you're running to the defense of big business.
All you have to remember is that when you sign that form granting the provider permission to treat you or the person you're signing for you are at that point 100% responsible for all charges for that treatment. That alone should compel a person to do everything they can do in their own behalf in order to secure the means to pay for that care.
So tell me Mr. Van Texan what measures have you taken in preparation for what is almost certain to be extremely costly healthcare for you in the days ahead?
The cost of healthcare for person now entering retirement up to the point of death is estimated at $280,000 and that's in today's dollars.

vantexan

Once again you're running to the defense of big business.
All you have to remember is that when you sign that form granting the provider permission to treat you or the person you're signing for you are at that point 100% responsible for all charges for that treatment. That alone should compel a person to do everything they can do in their own behalf in order to secure the means to pay for that care.
So tell me Mr. Van Texan what measures have you taken in preparation for what is almost certain to be extremely costly healthcare for you in the days ahead?
The cost of healthcare for person now entering retirement up to the point of death is estimated at $280,000 and that's in today's dollars.
I plan to let things run their natural course. The problem with too many is they think they have a right to a healthy old age but that's not always what happens is it? I'll have Medicare just like you. No reason for people in their 40's to have it too. And for someone who complains bitterly about not being compensated fairly by FedEx you sure have no problem having the government confiscate a huge portion of your income. If you feel strongly about it then send them extra money every year when you file.

vantexan

Does it still pay out aspirin at $800 per tablet.
Yes, we know that's what everyone pays for aspirin. I hear changing your bedpan is now up to $4200 a pop. We can certainly do more to reduce waste, fraud, and abuse, but I've been reminded more than once on this forum that won't begin to cover it.

bbsam

Staff member
Yes, we know that's what everyone pays for aspirin. I hear changing your bedpan is now up to $4200 a pop. We can certainly do more to reduce waste, fraud, and abuse, but I've been reminded more than once on this forum that won't begin to cover it.
Not so sure in this case. That $800 aspirin actually is what, a 4000% overcharge? If that is even close to “across the board”,...

It’s worth looking into.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
Are you intentionally not understanding the savings or just ignoring them? No premiums, no deductibles, no co-pays, no crazy drug costs. M4A ends up cheaper with more people covered, it’s just math. I’d take doubled income tax over my current premiums and deductibles any day. That would save me thousands.
You got to be kidding

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
I’ve never read or heard a good argument for linking health insurance to employment. It’s bad for companies that have to share the burden of increasing costs and it’s bad for workers that have to put up with lower wages and abusive management for fear of losing their insurance. It stifles competition because smaller start up companies have a harder time attracting top talent without offering benefits. M4A will free up the job market and lower costs.
ill tell you what next time you go to the doctor, offer to pay for those that dont have a form insurance

bacha29

I plan to let things run their natural course. The problem with too many is they think they have a right to a healthy old age but that's not always what happens is it? I'll have Medicare just like you. No reason for people in their 40's to have it too. And for someone who complains bitterly about not being compensated fairly by FedEx you sure have no problem having the government confiscate a huge portion of your income. If you feel strongly about it then send them extra money every year when you file.
Once again the typical consercuk. A program that stands to benefit you directly is a great program and money well spent but a program that doesn't directly benefit you is government waste.
Remember hospitals have to set aside a certain amount of money for charitable care. Of course they're going to have to ratchet up their charges to generate that money. At the same time they send unpaid bills over to debt collectors in an attempt to collect the money. Likewise when a person dies the unpaid bills go over to estate recovery in an attempt to collect. As far as over charges if that provider is on assignment say for example a Blue Cross licensed affiliate they have to accept the insurers allowable charges as payment in full.

vantexan

Once again the typical consercuk. A program that stands to benefit you directly is a great program and money well spent but a program that doesn't directly benefit you is government waste.
Remember hospitals have to set aside a certain amount of money for charitable care. Of course they're going to have to ratchet up their charges to generate that money. At the same time they send unpaid bills over to debt collectors in an attempt to collect the money. Likewise when a person dies the unpaid bills go over to estate recovery in an attempt to collect. As far as over charges if that provider is on assignment say for example a Blue Cross licensed affiliate they have to accept the insurers allowable charges as payment in full.
If you want to be thought of as hip and clever by DIDO and Sportello you're going to have to spell it consercuck. Otherwise you just look ignorant. What you just wrote doesn't begin to cover the sheer amount of taxes needed to give Medicare to everyone.