Medicare for All Price-tag 32.6 Trillion!

bacha29

i dont think you understand, these government programs are ponzi scams
Question 1. Is your mother enrolled in the "ponzi scheme"? Question 2. Are you going to enroll in this "ponzi scheme" when you reach age 65? Remember you don't HAVE to enroll in them if you don't believe in them.

bacha29

Just pay out of pocket, maybe you should have been responsible and saved.
Exactly. They can always pay for them out of pocket and since they are not a subscriber to an insurance network they are then not on assignment and will be fully liable for the entire full price of the procedure. I'm sure that they all have $ 300,000 plus set aside to begin shouldering the entire load. And they'll be damn lucky if 300 grand will get the job done.

newfie

Medicare runs at a fraction of the overhead costs of private insurance. They don’t need to advertise or make a profit. Having one system to deal with would be cheaper for consumers and providers.

SO ... how long have you been on Medicare?

I've been on a year now ... I can't get a knee replacement under Medicare that I could get if I had just UPS Retiree insurance.

Itty (fantasy ) meet Jingles ( reality)

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
Just pay out of pocket, maybe you should have been responsible and saved.
Well, I certainly could and wouldn't even notice the expenditure.

However, I worked 40 years for the Retiree coverage and paid for Medicare at full rate for 35 years.

Note: I am discussing with a third party to get dropped from medicare the next period (Nov 18) so I only have UPS Retiree for 10 months (I turn 65 in October 2019).

Note to the wise: Get as much Medical, Dental & Vision work done before you go on Medicare.

newfie

Question 1. Is your mother enrolled in the "ponzi scheme"? Question 2. Are you going to enroll in this "ponzi scheme" when you reach age 65? Remember you don't HAVE to enroll in them if you don't believe in them.

why wouldn't his mother enroll in something she paid for.

how does that negate it being a ponzi scheme?

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
why wouldn't his mother enroll in something she paid for.

how does that negate it being a ponzi scheme?
Because it's a ponzi scheme. Her money is gone. She's stealing from other people now. If you really believe it's a ponzi scheme that's just how it goes.

Ttku tieguy.

It will be fine

Well, I certainly could and wouldn't even notice the expenditure.

However, I worked 40 years for the Retiree coverage and paid for Medicare at full rate for 35 years.

Note: I am discussing with a third party to get dropped from medicare the next period (Nov 18) so I only have UPS Retiree for 10 months (I turn 65 in October 2019).

Note to the wise: Get as much Medical, Dental & Vision work done before you go on Medicare.
Then stop complaining that the government handout isn’t lavish enough for you. Make it rain with titanium joints, baller!

vantexan

Life expectancy of a US male in 1930?.......58 Today ....78 Yeah those were the good old days alright.
Plenty of people lived into their 80's and 90's back then. A lot of lives were cut short by disease like TB. They weren't all dreading the day they turned 58.

It will be fine

you defend the system until proven it sucks and then you blame the patient.
Try taking away Medicare and see how that plays out electorally, the vast majority are happy with it. I’m just messin with our resident libertarian that doesn’t believe in any government programs. Just do it yourself isn’t very applicable when it comes to medical care.

El Correcto

god is dead
Try taking away Medicare and see how that plays out electorally, the vast majority are happy with it. I’m just messin with our resident libertarian that doesn’t believe in any government programs. Just do it yourself isn’t very applicable when it comes to medical care.
I don’t want it taken away all at once. Death by a thousand cuts.